Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8

How to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 8 and 8.1

information   Information
If you run into problems with your PC, a USB recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix those problems, even if your PC won't start.

This will show you how to create a bootable recovery (system repair) USB flash drive in Windows 8 to use to boot to the system recovery options that can be used to help recover Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, or Windows RT 8.1.

This is basically the same thing as a system repair disc, but is on a bootable USB flash drive instead.

You must be logged in as an administrator to be able to create a recovery drive.

Note   Note
A recovery USB flash drive cannot be used to install Windows 8 unless this is an OEM PC that came with Windows 8 preinstalled, and you checked the Copy contents from the recovery partition to the recovery drive box at step 5 below.

If your PC came with Windows 8 and you upgraded it to Windows 8.1, your recovery drive will include Windows 8, and you’ll need to upgrade to Windows 8.1 after you refresh or reset your PC.

A created 32-bit recovery USB flash drive can only be created in a 32-bit Windows 8, and used to repair a 32-bit Windows 8.

A created 64-bit recovery USB flash drive can only be created in a 64-bit Windows 8, and used to repair a 64-bit Windows 8.

EXAMPLE: System Recovery Options
NOTE:
After you boot from the recovery USB flash drive, you will need to select your language and keyboard layout (if displayed) for Windows 8, then select Troubleshoot to see the system recovery options.
boot.JPG
Example-4.jpg
(On some newer OEM PC's with Windows 8 preinstalled, you may have the option to reinstall in the OEM manufacturer's tools like below if the Recovery Partition is still in place.)​
oem-recovery.png
Advanced_Options.jpg

Here's How:

1. Connect a USB flash drive that is at least 256 MB (8 GB if copying the recovery partition) in size, then do either step 2 or 3 below.

2. Press the :winkey: + R keys, type RecoveryDrive.exe, press Enter, and go to step 4 below.

3. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Recovery icon.
A) Click/tap on the Create a recovery drive link, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)​
Drive-1.jpg

4. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.

5. Click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

Note   Note
If you have a store bought OEM computer that came with Windows 8 preinstalled, then you could also check the Copy contents from the recovery partition to the recovery drive box to be able to use the recovery USB flash drive to do a factory restore/recovery of Windows 8.

If you do not have an OEM recovery partition, then the Copy contents from the recovery partition to the recovery drive option will be grayed out.

warning   Warning
If you checked the Copy contents from the recovery partition to the recovery drive box, then once the Recovery Media creation has completed, you will have an option to delete the recovery partition at step 10 below. On most systems, this partition is about 10G in size.

drive-2.jpg

6. Select a USB flash drive at least 256 MB in size that you would like to make a bootable recovery drive with, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
WARNING: Everything on the selected USB flash drive will be deleted, so be sure to backup anything on it that you do not want to lose first.
drive-3.jpg

7. Click/tap on Create. (see screenshot below)
WARNING: This is your last chance to backup anything on the USB flash drive that you do not want to lose before doing this.
drive-4.jpg

8. The USB recovery drive will now be created. (see screenshot below)
drive-5.jpg

9. Do step 10 or step 11 below for what you would like to do.

10. If you wanted to Delete the Recovery Partition
warning   Warning
It is recommended to NOT DELETE the recovery partition. It has been reported by many that they were unable to restore Windows 8 to the hard drive using the recovery USB drive without the OEM factory recovery partition still intact.

You can free up some drive space by deleting the recovery partition, but you won't be able to refresh or reset your PC again without the recovery drive.

A) If you checked the Copy contents from the recovery partition to the recovery drive box at step 5 above, click/tap on the Delete the recovery partition link. (see screenshot below)​
Delete_recovery_partition-1.png
B) Click/tap on Delete to confirm. (see screenshot below)​
Delete_recovery_partition-2.png
C) Click/tap on Finish. (see screenshots below)​
Delete_recovery_partition-3.png

11. Click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)
drive-6.jpg

That's it,
Shawn

Attachments

• USB_Startup_Key.png
    USB_Startup_Key.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 444
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the recovery drive created from this tutorial will only give you those options like in the example screenshots in the tutorial on the first page. A Windows installation USB/DVD will give you those same options, and you will also be able to install Windows if you like.

I have created multiple recovery drives back to back. The issue is that some of the files are missing on your system to create another recovery drive. Unfortunately, usually you would need to reinstall Windows to fix this.

This is why I'm suggesting to just use a Windows installation USB or DVD instead of reinstalling Windows since it also let's you do the same thing as a recovery drive. o

I was just trying that, but decided to stop after the thing looked like it was installing again, so I'm not sure if it would give me the options to make that USB/DVD thing BEFORE it installs or AFTER, I don't want/need to do a reinstall just to make another USB boot drive.

I should just forget the whole thing lol, I already have the damned thing as it is, and i know it works cause i used it last night to recover my system with the last Image I made using the built in Image program, I wanted to see how it works since I mainly use a 3rd party Image program, it worked fine btw, it just bugs me when I can't figure something like this out, smirks....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8.1up1 Pro x64 w/media center
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon 7690M XT (6770m) /Intel 3000
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Hitichi 750g 5400 rpm Laptop
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K OC'd to 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    64 GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 MHz (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    4TB Samsung 990 PRO PRO M.2,
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    OCZ Series Gold OCZZ1000M 1000W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Premium
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
I hear you. I don't like having things not work either, but just didn't think it was worth a reinstall to fix.

You should be able to click on the Repair your computer link when you boot from installation media to see the recovery options like in OPTION SEVEN below.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/4935-startup-options-menu-boot-windows-8-a.html

yeah actually that's the same screen I get when I use that USB boot stick :) but nothing about creating the USB recovery flash drive or DVD. HY 4get it, its Labor Day weekend :) Something might pop up here L8R lol.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite
I'm trying to do this recovery drive using a USB flash...but not with the above method. My HP pavilion pc has a built-in recovery media creator. It's a simple automated type thing. I click next, select the usb drive....it tells me I need 15.6 GB, I have a 64 GB stick plugged into F:// drive...but the "next" to launch the application is "greyed out". I don't understand why that is when it says the only reason this would be, is if the storage device doesn't have sufficient space. This is obviously not the case. This application is a "one time" deal [can only be done once] but I've not fully operated it before [had no media device]. I don't suspect I'm "locked out" because of erroneous launch & used up my one shot. Any suggestions on why I can't proceed with this

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavilion 23
    CPU
    AMD A6 5200 APU
    Motherboard
    ??
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon HD 8400
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23 " led back-lit flatscreen
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080 landscape
    Hard Drives
    1TB HDD
    PSU
    external black box
    Cooling
    fan located inside device
    Keyboard
    HP wireless chiclet style
    Mouse
    HP wireless optical mouse
    Internet Speed
    6.02 mbps download .62 upload (Bell sympatico/Fibe 5)
    Browser
    Comodo Dragon
    Antivirus
    AVG 2014
    Other Info
    dual layer optical drive. DVD/RW/CD; 6 in 1 card readers, 6 USB ports...3-2.0, 3-3.0.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
What do I say...I suspected this; that I had too much storage space & for some odd reason it was beyond the parameters alotted, but realistically it shouldn't prohibit doing the recovery media because I have TOO MUCH storage. Now, my frustration is that I don't have much money, I got an excellent sale price on this flash drive & I have NO USE FOR IT! I bought it exclusively to create the recovery media & I'm stuck needing to buy ANOTHER media device cause I have to have 16 full GB's. What's more annoying is that I already have 2 'erased' flash drives (an 8GB & 16 GB). But HP's imbedded recovery creator does not PERMIT for the use of a combination of USB flash to do the files. The 16GB stick I have is irrelevant for the 15.6 GB of data I need to do the recovery...because with the formatting, it too up a few KB's & I don't have enough storage now as the flashdrive is only allowing me 14.8 gb's usable storage. I'm in such a BIND to do this. I also don't know if I've already blown my opportunity [it's a one shot launch] because I did attempt doing this before...& I didn't have sufficient media storage. So is the option used up, or should it still be available because it wasn't successfully done before...?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavilion 23
    CPU
    AMD A6 5200 APU
    Motherboard
    ??
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon HD 8400
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080 landscape
    Hard Drives
    1TB HDD
    PSU
    external black box
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Comodo Dragon
    Antivirus
    AVG 2014
    Other Info
    dual layer optical drive. DVD/RW/CD; 6 in 1 card readers, 6 USB ports...3-2.0, 3-3.0.
I am incredibly new to this and sound naive, but I am guessing youncannot make a recovery drive for windows 8 from a windows 7 computer?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
my last comment Brink, if you can please direct me. I tried doing a sort of manual copy to the 64 GB usb flash...to create the recovery media. I'm confused on this too because; I didn't choose for the files to be done in a zip file. My computer has an automatic thing that puts large amounts of files automatically into a 7-zip file. So it's a zip file...I launched the extractor.....it ran to 100% taking over 2 hours to copy the files to the flash media...but the thing is, the extractor copy indicator sat at 100%, it didn't finish. There was nothing I could do...it was running the names of the transferred files as it was doing it...but I'm not finding anything on the USB flash...all it had in the file folder showing there was the HP partition image disclaimer/warning about use or tampering with it. I'm so confused & this has turned into a big pain in the butt. Any ideas on what I did wrong with a manual copy? Or is there something in the system which prohibits manual copying cause it's not sure if it's an authentic user.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavilion 23
    CPU
    AMD A6 5200 APU
    Motherboard
    ??
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon HD 8400
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080 landscape
    Hard Drives
    1TB HDD
    PSU
    external black box
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Comodo Dragon
    Antivirus
    AVG 2014
    Other Info
I am incredibly new to this and sound naive, but I am guessing youncannot make a recovery drive for windows 8 from a windows 7 computer?

Sorry, but no. It would need to be done in the Windows 8 you wanted to create a recovery drive for.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
What do I say...I suspected this; that I had too much storage space & for some odd reason it was beyond the parameters alotted, but realistically it shouldn't prohibit doing the recovery media because I have TOO MUCH storage. Now, my frustration is that I don't have much money, I got an excellent sale price on this flash drive & I have NO USE FOR IT! I bought it exclusively to create the recovery media & I'm stuck needing to buy ANOTHER media device cause I have to have 16 full GB's. What's more annoying is that I already have 2 'erased' flash drives (an 8GB & 16 GB). But HP's imbedded recovery creator does not PERMIT for the use of a combination of USB flash to do the files. The 16GB stick I have is irrelevant for the 15.6 GB of data I need to do the recovery...because with the formatting, it too up a few KB's & I don't have enough storage now as the flashdrive is only allowing me 14.8 gb's usable storage. I'm in such a BIND to do this. I also don't know if I've already blown my opportunity [it's a one shot launch] because I did attempt doing this before...& I didn't have sufficient media storage. So is the option used up, or should it still be available because it wasn't successfully done before...?

my last comment Brink, if you can please direct me. I tried doing a sort of manual copy to the 64 GB usb flash...to create the recovery media. I'm confused on this too because; I didn't choose for the files to be done in a zip file. My computer has an automatic thing that puts large amounts of files automatically into a 7-zip file. So it's a zip file...I launched the extractor.....it ran to 100% taking over 2 hours to copy the files to the flash media...but the thing is, the extractor copy indicator sat at 100%, it didn't finish. There was nothing I could do...it was running the names of the transferred files as it was doing it...but I'm not finding anything on the USB flash...all it had in the file folder showing there was the HP partition image disclaimer/warning about use or tampering with it. I'm so confused & this has turned into a big pain in the butt. Any ideas on what I did wrong with a manual copy? Or is there something in the system which prohibits manual copying cause it's not sure if it's an authentic user.

You'll need to use a single USB flash drive up to 32GB in size to create the HP recovery drive. You won't be able to just copy the files over. :(

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
Just some of what I found on this.

I made my recovery disk (DVD) when my system had W7, and yeah its a "one time deal" (see my own mess in earlier comments)

After upgrading to W8 I WAS able to make a new one, using only a 4gig USB. I had the opportunity to try it already, and it does work, it recovers your system from the windows file history image. but you have to have made the image. Than this is where we found this problem too, cause after I upgraded to 8.1 I wanted to re make the boot USB, but like you I found it wouldn't work anymore, so it was just that one time deal with W8. but luckily the one I made with W8 still works.

So my thought is, IF the system would let you make the recovery USB on a 4gig, to use as the boot usb, why not use the windows file history "system image backup" and image your system as it is now to the 64gig USB.

OR if the thing just won't let you make ANY USB recovery cause the grayed out item, than the other option is to find a friend that had made one and copy it to your stick.

The only other option is to get hold of a imaging program, like EASEUS, AOMEI or Malcum Reflect, and just image the system to that 64gig USB, than make a "Boot" USB using one of the other smaller ones, OR just a boot DVD from either those programs.

I hope it makes some sense to you. it is doable one way or another.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite
thanks for the assistance...the link provided pretty much explains everything.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavilion 23
    CPU
    AMD A6 5200 APU
    Motherboard
    ??
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon HD 8400
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080 landscape
    Hard Drives
    1TB HDD
    PSU
    external black box
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Comodo Dragon
    Antivirus
    AVG 2014
    Other Info
Hi all. I have read multiple forums, threads and sites but still pretty confused.

I wanted create and ISO from the recovery USB. My plan is to make the recovery USB either from Windows 8.1 or the OEM recovery creator then back it up by converting it into an ISO format and then upload it to the cloud for safekeeping. Is it possible to do this?

So far based on what I have read and comprehended (correct me if I am wrong):
  1. Windows 8.1 cannot anymore create a system repair disc (cd/dvd)
    • This means I cannot create and iso directly using this
  2. You cannot create an image format directly from a bootable USB or the recovery USB
    • I have read on creating an ISO from a windows 8.1 installation USB but it had extra instructions to copy the bootsector or change some other advanced settings. The instructions were for Windows 7 and mutli boot usb so I am not sure if it will work.
    • Also from what I have gathered ISOs and USB drives have different specifications so that is what is making it hard. Do you guys know of an image format that will be able to backup the USB and recreate it later if needed?

Thanks.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Hello Koyut, and welcome to Eight Forums.

If you like, there a free program named "USB Image Tool" that can create an .img file of the USB that can be used as a backup and used to restore with.

alex's coding playground » USB Image Tool

Hope this helps, :)
Shawn

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
Hello Koyut, and welcome to Eight Forums.

If you like, there a free program named "USB Image Tool" that can create an .img file of the USB that can be used as a backup and used to restore with.

alex's coding playground » USB Image Tool

Hope this helps, :)
Shawn

Thanks. I just read up more on the recovery partition. It is possible that mine is using wimboot and it could possibly break the OS when I delete it. Is there a reliable way to determine if the OS uses wimboot?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I wouldn't recommend to delete the recovery partition, but just have it copied to the recovery drive (USB).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
deleting the "recovery partition" depends, my laptop it came with W7HP, after upgrading it to W8, and W8.1 that recovery partition wasn't of any use, and wouldn't run anymore anyways, I removed it completely, ( I did make a full set of recovery DVD's prior with W7HP if for some strange reason I wanted to recover the factory install) )

if I need to recover I have a couple ways to do it, either use the burned ISO of the install DVD for W8.1 if I want to do a clean install using my retail key, OR what I mostly do is recover from one of my recent Image's I make.

So there is a reason to remove a recovery partition, if its older that the OS you now have installed.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite
Hey guys! Firstly, sorry for my bad english, if something is bad written ><

So, today I was using my notebook and didn't notice I left it with "High performance" energy using, so it shut off due to overheating. After waiting a while, I turned it on and the system automatically initiated it's own repair attempt and after that a message saying it couldn't repair "SrtTrail.txt" popped out.

So, I followed this tutorial, created succesfully the Recovery Drive, but when I went to "Refresh your PC" option, my Windows say "The inserted media is not valid".

I've tried to create the Recovery Drive twice already, but I've ended up in the same message.

Any clue of what's going on? Thanks!

PS.: I didn't noticed anything wrong or weird with my PC since then and I'm sending this post from it, but if I redo the Automatic Repair in Advanced Options the same problem with "SrtTrail.txt" appear.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Dell
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-3612QM
    Motherboard
    Dell 0DNMM8
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7730M/7750M
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 1TB
    Browser
    Internet Explorer
    Antivirus
    McAfee

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
Hello Ledoow,

You might see if running a SFC /SCANNOW command may be able to fix the "SrtTrail.txt file. :)

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/3047-sfc-scannow-command-run-windows-8-a.html

Hey Brink! Thanks for your help. I tried this tutorial that you sent and after running sfc /scannow four times, doing Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth once and then repeating sfc /scannow, the corruptions seemed to disappear. But, just to confirm, I did the automatic repair again and after many hours (yeah, I even went to sleep) Windows found the same error it couldn't repair before, the "SrtTrail.txt" :huh:

All I have left now is to try System Recovery since Recovery Drive didn't work here?

Thanks for your help again man o/

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Dell
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-3612QM
    Motherboard