Recover Data from Faulty Hard Drive thats been partitioned

funkychick7

Hello Everyone, help/advice needed please

I have a HP laptop that had 1TB c drive.
i partitioned it into two further drives ( Drive E and Drive F), both had been assigned a drive letter

3 weeks ago my laptops hard drive became faulty and i sent it off to repair with Knowhow. I asked my data to be recovered before they put in a new one.
So what they did was only save what was on my C drive which was hardly anything. and NOTHING of my other two important drives, E,F was saved at all.

I phoned them up and spoke to the IT section and they said they will send the faulty hard drive back and for me to return it back to them via the store with an external hard drive so it can be recovered.

so what i want to know is can the data be recovrerd as EVERYTHING was saved on those two drives.
I have been told various things. One said it cant be recovered because the main C drive was partitioned
and someone else said it can be

i do regular backups but since begining of this year i have not been able to as i was hospitalised in ICU and everything i did before that i didnt manage to backup and now i fear all that has been lost.

can anyone reassure me that it will be recovwred

My Computer

System One

• OS
    window 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion n096sa
    CPU
    intel i5
    Memory
    8GB
    Hard Drives
    1TB
As long as the 3 partitions where not over-written by "Knowhow" the data should all be intact and readable to the extent that the drive is readable..

when you get your old HDD back - purchase a HDD to USB external adapter - and you should be able to access the data..
to copy it over to another HDD > that is what they are going to do..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
As long as the 3 partitions where not over-written by "Knowhow" the data should all be intact and readable to the extent that the drive is readable..

when you get your old HDD back - purchase a HDD to USB external adapter - and you should be able to access the data..

thankyou for the reply

My Computer

System One

• OS
    window 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion n096sa
    CPU
    intel i5
    Memory
    8GB
    Hard Drives
    1TB

Hello

So i got the Laptop hard drive back from Knowhow saying they couldnt recover but they will be able to if i pay for the extra Service, which makes me think they can recover but want money from me.

So i bought a hard drive to usb adapter and tried to use this to recover.

The problem is that when i connect the adapter, i can hear the hard drive spinning and the light o the adapter lights up. BUT i cant seem to find it anywhere on My Computer, it doesnt get recognised. It is not also recognised in disk management either.

Please someone guide me to what to do
Much appreciated

My Computer

System One

• OS
    window 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion n096sa
    CPU
    intel i5
    Memory
    8GB
    Hard Drives
    1TB
You might try a linux boot disc, maybe that will see it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
It is worth a try, Linux picks up disk info differently. Though it sounds like there may a problem with the drive controller.

Try booting something like this first and see how you get on.

If not, then you may end up having to replace the drive controller.

Paragon rescue kit 14 is worth a go. The kit is huge, you only need the 64 bit linux iso bit of it.

Paragon Rescue Kit Free Edition - Download & User Manual

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
hello

urgent advice needed...
i have managed to get this faulty harddrive to come up on disk management, but the problem is it is now showing as Unknown disk not initalised.
please see screenshot

what do i do now?

I do not want to format it as i want to recover files from it...

please can anyone advice Capture.PNG

My Computer

System One

• OS
    window 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavilion n096sa
    CPU
    intel i5
    Memory
    8GB
    Hard Drives
    1TB
You need to use Windows data recovery app that does not care about the formatting. There are lots to choose from. One is "recuva" and it is free. I've used several others with good results: RecoverMyFiles and GetDataBack. But the best I've used recently is Active@File Recovery. It is free to download and try out, and it only costs $30 to buy.

My Computer

Back