Realtek HD Audio driver going crazy

bollemanneke

Hello everyone.
I'm experiencing an annoying problem with the Realtek HD Audo Manager and I'm 100% sure it's being caused by the screenreader Jaws 16.0. I already got in touch with my Jaws dealer but am anxious to hear your feedback as well, because Freedom Scientific hasn't updated this issue over the past five months.
I should first mention that I'm not allowed to start Jaws without speech, even though I use a braille display withou speech. I have to turn the speech off manually. If I don't, the program crashes completely and just won't start at all.
Two weeks ago we used my computer to play a DVD on our TV via a HDMI connection. We turned off Jaws, and everything went fine. Last week, I was in a hurry and was stupid enough not to turn Jaws off, and I've regretted that ever since. Anyway, the HDMI connection partially worked: we got the image on the TV, but not the sound. In the end, we had to tell my computer not to use the built-in speakers in the control panel before the TV would produce sound, unlike the week before that. That sound was still normal.
After unplugging the HDMI cable, the sound coming from my computer, both when using speakers or headphones, sounded as if it were still coming through our TV: high frequencies unnaturally sharp and low frequencies unnecessarily emphasised. I went through all my sound settings five times, but everything seemed in order. In the end I lost patience and re-installed Realtek completely and now I'm struggling to understand the consequence.
Music and Internet audio sound fine, but system sounds (Skype, e-mail otifications, Jaws speaking etc) sound way too loud, as if the volume was suddenly turned up 800%. Also, some sounds, i.e. when you test the speakers or press the 'equals' button on the desktop, are produced with an echo: first the normal volume, then immediately afterwards an abnormally loud echo.
I said earlier it was Jaws that was causing the problem. There are several reasons for this:
1. Sometimes Jaws freezes when you try and modify the volume in the system tray.
2. Realtek works just fine when Jaws is removed (not when it's not running), but the moment you even open the Setup file, things immediately go wrong sound-wise.
3. There is no weird echo whenever Jaws is in sleep mode or whenever music is playing.
So now I'm wondering, is there anything I can do to make Realtek understand it should totally and completely ignore Jaws? This issue has never happened in the past, but they don't seem to have any plans to this Jaws bug. The short-term solution would be to remove Realtek and work with Microsoft's driver, but then I have to switch between headphones and speakers. The problems I listed earlier do not take place whenever I connect my external surround system.
Anyone any ideas?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Assus
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) 97-4510U
    Memory
    12.0 GB ram
    Browser
    Internet Explorer
    Antivirus
    AVG 2015
yes, I agree, I too am facing the same issue and annoyed a lot!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Dell Inspiron 3543
    CPU
    Intel Core I7
    Motherboard
    Dell
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTx840M
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast
Hello everyone.
I'm experiencing an annoying problem with the Realtek HD Audo Manager and I'm 100% sure it's being caused by the screenreader Jaws 16.0. I already got in touch with my Jaws dealer but am anxious to hear your feedback as well, because Freedom Scientific hasn't updated this issue over the past five months.
I should first mention that I'm not allowed to start Jaws without speech, even though I use a braille display withou speech. I have to turn the speech off manually. If I don't, the program crashes completely and just won't start at all.
Two weeks ago we used my computer to play a DVD on our TV via a HDMI connection. We turned off Jaws, and everything went fine. Last week, I was in a hurry and was stupid enough not to turn Jaws off, and I've regretted that ever since. Anyway, the HDMI connection partially worked: we got the image on the TV, but not the sound. In the end, we had to tell my computer not to use the built-in speakers in the control panel before the TV would produce sound, unlike the week before that. That sound was still normal.
After unplugging the HDMI cable, the sound coming from my computer, both when using speakers or headphones, sounded as if it were still coming through our TV: high frequencies unnaturally sharp and low frequencies unnecessarily emphasised. I went through all my sound settings five times, but everything seemed in order. In the end I lost patience and re-installed Realtek completely and now I'm struggling to understand the consequence.
Music and Internet audio sound fine, but system sounds (Skype, e-mail otifications, Jaws speaking etc) sound way too loud, as if the volume was suddenly turned up 800%. Also, some sounds, i.e. when you test the speakers or press the 'equals' button on the desktop, are produced with an echo: first the normal volume, then immediately afterwards an abnormally loud echo.
I said earlier it was Jaws that was causing the problem. There are several reasons for this:
1. Sometimes Jaws freezes when you try and modify the volume in the system tray.
2. Realtek works just fine when Jaws is removed (not when it's not running), but the moment you even open the Setup file, things immediately go wrong sound-wise.
3. There is no weird echo whenever Jaws is in sleep mode or whenever music is playing.
So now I'm wondering, is there anything I can do to make Realtek understand it should totally and completely ignore Jaws? This issue has never happened in the past, but they don't seem to have any plans to this Jaws bug. The short-term solution would be to remove Realtek and work with Microsoft's driver, but then I have to switch between headphones and speakers. The problems I listed earlier do not take place whenever I connect my external surround system.
Anyone any ideas?

I thought that this the driver problem, but now I too realised that jaws is producing this stupid problem and there is no solution for that
First

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Dell Inspiron 3543
    CPU
    Intel Core I7
    Motherboard