Solved Question on Defragging

AirPower4ever

My setup is OS (Windows 8.1 pro 64-bit) is on an SSD and I have a regular hard drive as drive D which contains My Docs, Pics, Vids, and Music.

I have used third party defrag programs in the past and to current (not defragging the SSD, just the HDD), but I was wondering. The purpose of defragging was back in the day when HDD needed it to load up the operating system and programs. But today, the setup I have and like many others; does the HDD really need defragging anymore? And I only mean in the setup I mentioned. The HDD does not have operating system files to locate, does not need to lookup program files, the bulk is all on the SSD.

Just wondering peoples thoughts on this setup.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 and 8.1
    Browser
    Firefox
I average, maybe, once monthly, if I remember to do it, just before I do the routine backups. I keep thinking a contiguous HD is a little easier and a little faster in backup operations.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit [MS blue-disk set]
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    2 Acers & 1 Antec[?]
    CPU
    i7 in 2 Acers, i5 in desktop
    Motherboard
    Desktop w/Gigabyte
    Memory
    Two w/16GB, 1 w/8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Laptops GameWorthy; Desktop maybe GameWorthy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    flatscreens; 2 are BluRay worthy
    Screen Resolution
    1368x768; 1600x900
    Hard Drives
    1TB internals; 2 ext usb WD 1TB HDs
    PSU
    what's PSU?
    Cooling
    Regular plus external fans
    Keyboard
    desktio w/PS2
    Mouse
    desktop w/PS2
    Internet Speed
    DSL middle level [160?]
    Browser
    from Netscape 0.9 to FF 36
    Antivirus
    well-balanced, well-configured mult-layered defense is best
    Other Info
    From MS-DOS 3.3, MS-DOS 6.22, from Windows 3.1 to WFW 3.11 to Windows 95-98SE, now to Windows 7 Pro.
    Security for now: Windows 7 Firewall, Emsisoft AM, MSE [scan-only], SpywareBlaster, Ruiware/BillP combine
Back