programs stop working...

sulfie

It all started after a windows update. I found that all of my programs, whether it's chrome or some game i am playing stop working after a while. You know that message window saying it's stopped working and all you can do i click on "Close Program". Any ideas? thanks

edit: i also get blue screen sometimes.. "IRQL not less or equal", one time it said "BAD DRIVER POOL".

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
Are you able to search for and uninstall the last session of, or the last round of, Windows Updates?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit [MS blue-disk set]
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    2 Acers & 1 Antec[?]
    CPU
    i7 in 2 Acers, i5 in desktop
    Motherboard
    Desktop w/Gigabyte
    Memory
    Two w/16GB, 1 w/8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Laptops GameWorthy; Desktop maybe GameWorthy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    flatscreens; 2 are BluRay worthy
    Screen Resolution
    1368x768; 1600x900
    Hard Drives
    1TB internals; 2 ext usb WD 1TB HDs
    PSU
    what's PSU?
    Cooling
    Regular plus external fans
    Keyboard
    desktio w/PS2
    Mouse
    desktop w/PS2
    Internet Speed
    DSL middle level [160?]
    Browser
    from Netscape 0.9 to FF 36
    Antivirus
    well-balanced, well-configured mult-layered defense is best
    Other Info
    From MS-DOS 3.3, MS-DOS 6.22, from Windows 3.1 to WFW 3.11 to Windows 95-98SE, now to Windows 7 Pro.
    Security for now: Windows 7 Firewall, Emsisoft AM, MSE [scan-only], SpywareBlaster, Ruiware/BillP combine
thanks for the reply, I got the problem fixed now.. No one would have thought that a bit of rust on ram could cause that much. It was the fcking ram the whole time. I'll share with you what I did so people having similar issues may benefit

I got problems soon after the updates, so I uninstalled all recent updates except the one with graphics driver while google said that you should keep your windows updated to avoid blue screens/pc freezes so I tried updating windows again and I found that I couldn't update my windows anymore. It just couldn't download files, bad shiit.. got windows recovered with advanced recovery tool (windows 8.1).. same issues as older windows. Jeez windows is bugged now, formatted the drive, reinstalled the windows.. Windows can update now that's good. Got all the drivers ( I used the older version of drivers just to be safe ). After all that I was still getting blue screens randomly like happened when I was running more than 2 programs.
This time the blue screens always said "IRQL not less or equal" and a new message "MEMORY MANAGEMENT". Googled that memory blue screen message, it said diagnose issues using "windows memory diagnostic tool" which told me "Hardware problems were detected". Googled that again, said ram is faulty or slot is faulty. I took ram out with the help of my laptop manual, cleaned that garbage off my ram, put that back in 2nd slot.. and case solved

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
Back