Programs arbitrarily open in different monitors

k0065126

My setup is :-

Windows 8.1, 64 bit;
Asus RAIDR Express PCIe SSD;
Asus GT630-SL-2GD3-L GPU;
Asus SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 Motherboard, BIOS version 0602, (the first version).

I have two monitors, a Dell u2412m which is plugged into the DVI socket on the GPU, and an iiyama XB2776QS which is connected to the DisplayPort socket on the motherboard. This was the only way I could find to get each monitor to use the maximum resolution it is capable of.

Whenever I open a program I have no idea on which monitor it will be displayed, sometimes a program will display in the iiyama, but the next time I open it I can see it on the Dell. I also find that if I switch the monitors off for a few hours, the next time I switch them on the programme might be displaying in a different monitor.

I am not sure if this is because I am not using the new, horrible, Metro style which Microsoft thought to introduce, or something else. I did try a piece of software called MurGeeMon, but this did not solve the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas as it is very frustrating?

Could it be because one of my monitors is connected to the GPU and the other to the MoBo?

Viv

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ASUS
    CPU
    i7-4770S
    Motherboard
    ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1
    Memory
    32GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Zotac GeForce GT610 Zone
I have just gone into Control Panel, Appearance and Personalisation, Display, Screen Resolution and was amazed to see that I now have three displays, with number one being a generic non-PNP monitor. I have no idea when Windows decided to add this, but I have now disconnected it, although there appears to be no way of deleting it. It did not show up in the past when I was trying to find a solution to my problem.

Viv

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ASUS
    CPU
    i7-4770S
    Motherboard
    ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1