• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Problem with attachments to posts

SaggyMaggyPoo

Power User
Greece

This started a few days ago.

I'm writing a post and add an attachment which shows as a thumbnail onscreen. I double-click to edit the attachment and everything greys out (see below). I can't choose to change size or alignment. I end up closing the tab and starting again with the post, and the same thing happens, so eventually I make the post without the attachment (or so I believe).

imagefreeze.PNG (This was added using 'Manage Attachments' and I have not tried to edit it just in case :).)

But then when I view the post, the attachment is there. I don't see it on screen anywhere while I'm posting, but it seems to be still attached in some way.

Here is a thread where I've ended up with 2 attachments in one post, and one attachment in an earlier post of the thread (where I had commented about being unable to attach, then it appeared anyway):

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57480-laptop-freezes-have-power-down.html#post453129

In the post with the 2 identical attachments I added the attachment by using 'Manage Attachments'. It had uploaded from my earlier attempt and was lurking somewhere when I started the new post. But then when I viewed the post the original attachment was sitting there as well, at the bottom of the post.

So I try to edit the post to remove the erroneous attachment but I can't.

What am I doing wrong?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 64bit, Windows 10 TP on VMWare Player
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 15 3521
    CPU
    1.80 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3337U
    Motherboard
    Dell Inc. 0010T1 A00
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio & Intel Display Audio
    Hard Drives
    TOSHIBA MQ01ABD050 [Hard drive] (500.11 GB)
    Cooling
    Additional fan
    Mouse
    Kensington Trackball
    Browser
    IE
    Antivirus
    Emsisoft Internet Security, Malwarebytes free & antiexploit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)