Problem with attachments to posts

SaggyMaggyPoo

Power User
This started a few days ago.

I'm writing a post and add an attachment which shows as a thumbnail onscreen. I double-click to edit the attachment and everything greys out (see below). I can't choose to change size or alignment. I end up closing the tab and starting again with the post, and the same thing happens, so eventually I make the post without the attachment (or so I believe).

imagefreeze.PNG (This was added using 'Manage Attachments' and I have not tried to edit it just in case :).)

But then when I view the post, the attachment is there. I don't see it on screen anywhere while I'm posting, but it seems to be still attached in some way.

Here is a thread where I've ended up with 2 attachments in one post, and one attachment in an earlier post of the thread (where I had commented about being unable to attach, then it appeared anyway):

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57480-laptop-freezes-have-power-down.html#post453129

In the post with the 2 identical attachments I added the attachment by using 'Manage Attachments'. It had uploaded from my earlier attempt and was lurking somewhere when I started the new post. But then when I viewed the post the original attachment was sitting there as well, at the bottom of the post.

So I try to edit the post to remove the erroneous attachment but I can't.

What am I doing wrong?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 64bit, Windows 10 TP on VMWare Player
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 15 3521
    CPU
    1.80 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3337U
    Motherboard
    Dell Inc. 0010T1 A00
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio & Intel Display Audio
    Hard Drives
    TOSHIBA MQ01ABD050 [Hard drive] (500.11 GB)
    Cooling
    Additional fan
    Mouse
    Kensington Trackball
    Browser
    IE
    Antivirus
    Emsisoft Internet Security, Malwarebytes free & antiexploit
Back