Solved Printing when using high contrast theme?

Jalida

Hi,

I'm having to use a dark high contrast theme because when I look at normally it makes my eyes want to burn and I don't mean that sarcastically I mean that seriously my eyes start feeling like their burning when I'm staring at a screen that is so bright. So I've used the Microsoft high contrast black theme to make using my computer easier on my eyes however I'm experiencing a problem when I need to go and print something.

I'm printing out documents that are displayed in Internet Explorer and the problem is that the printed document comes out very faded almost as if the contrast is greatly reduced.
And on the contrary, if I use the Microsoft high contrast white theme than the documents that I print from Internet Explorer come out printed very well with the same printer settings and all.

Is there anyway I can correct this short of having to use the high contrast white theme which just makes my eyes burn even more?

Thanks,

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    CPU
    i7 2860qm
    Motherboard
    Asus Laptop
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GTX 560m 2GB dedicated Video RAM
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    C:\ 185GB SSD
    D:\ 500GB HDD
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Performance
That is very interesting; however, if you are truly printing a "document", that should have nothing to do with IE IMHO. So, can you please give a detailed description of what exactly you are printing and how you specifically are printing it? However, if on the other hand, you are simply trying to print a web page, you may be able to improve the quality of the text by selecting an option to "print all text as black" as shown below:

Screenshot (34).png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel G2020
    Motherboard
    ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0
    Memory
    8GBs @ 1333 MHz
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 EVO
    PSU
    400w
    Internet Speed
    57/11
Sorry,

When I said that I am printing a document in Internet Explorer, it's a document to me as it is our accounting reports, however yes truly it is just a webpage being displayed in Internet Explorer of our accounting report.

I have the Brother MFC-J6710 DW printer and it has no option to print text is black I generally just leave my printer set for black and white printing instead of color since the only color on the webpage accounting report is the background all text is black and of course the only time that I would see the background color is if I'm using a regular theme instead of a black/dark theme.

I hope I explained it better this time

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    CPU
    i7 2860qm
    Motherboard
    Asus Laptop
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Performance
You can simply toggle between the default high-contrast theme and your current theme by doing the following:

Depress left Shift + left Alt + PrtScn:

This screen will pop up. Select YES to change to high-contrast:

Screenshot (36).png

Now print and once done,
Depress (again) left Shift + left Alt + PrtScn to return to your normal theme.

Pretty neat; eh?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel G2020
    Motherboard
    ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0
    Memory
    8GBs @ 1333 MHz
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 EVO
    PSU
    400w
    Internet Speed
    57/11
Edit: okay I got it, apparently what this does is it switches between the last two themes that you use so I just have to make sure that I'm using my dark theme and then the only than the next one that I use is the high contrast white paint and that it'll switch between them as needed thank you

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    CPU
    i7 2860qm
    Motherboard
    Asus Laptop
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Hard Drives
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Performance
Edit: okay I got it, apparently what this does is it switches between the last two themes that you use so I just have to make sure that I'm using my dark theme and then the only than the next one that I use is the high contrast white paint and that it'll switch between them as needed thank you

Glad you figured it out and glad I could help you. Good luck.

Please mark this thread as solved if OK now.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel G2020
    Motherboard
    ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0
    Memory
    8GBs @ 1333 MHz
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 EVO
    PSU
    400w
    Internet Speed
    57/11
I have been looking for best solutions to the same thing. I use dark theme as I am vision impaired, and have ended up with documents printed in white text with an all black page - which consumes large quantities of toner, and is not a very usable document.

For a small print job - e.g. that can be selected with Ctrl-A, then Ctrl-C to copy, and then paste into a new MS-word doc, it copies in normal format - black text on a white background. Then to the printer.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Server 2008 R2
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP
I just experienced this with Windows 7 and Access 2007 (I know it's 2021 but some people never upgrade!) - changed to High Contrast and printed a report in Access - only to discover that it printed it with white text on a black page!! WHAT? How should the screen colours have any bearing on a report in Access?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Big Sur
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    iMac
    CPU
    i7
Back