Please help - trying to fix laptop

Jojo18

have a toshiba satellite C855D-S5116 and for the last week have been trying to fix it.
So i forgot my password and did a hard reset and while it was in middle of reset someone unplug it.
When i turned it on it would say no bootable device... so i got a new hard drive which i dont think i needed to do now, but also have windows 7 install disc and tried doing few things that i read or watched and honestly have no clue what i did but pretty sure i made more problems then needed... but have got it to boot but say no os found or no bootmgr tried few other things and got stuck when it came to making partitions and drivers ect. I know this probably isnt enough info ob problems but ive read a lot of forums that u have done and was hoping u might be able to help me.
I run a small business with my mom and need laptop fixed asap and dont have the 200+ dollers computer guy is quoting me to do something i might b able to do myself. Thank u for ur time and praying u might be able to help or point me in direction i need...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba satellite/PA5024U-1BRS
    CPU
    INTEL
So many questions: What device are you using to post here?
What country are you in? (you don't say)
"while it was in middle of reset someone unpluged it."??? Does it not have a battery? Otherwise why would unplugging it make it stop?

Have you NOT consulted any Professional PC Tech?

I ask that, because there is a password reset program that runs from a boot disk or Flash Drive that most Professional Tech's will have. I have one and have used it many times. It's certainly NOT necessary to replace the hard drive just because you forgot your Log-In password.

My best advise would be to get that PC to a professional PC Tech who can save all your date files for you, before you do something that will erase them.

Good Luck,
TechnoMage :cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1/Pro/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer X-1200
    CPU
    AMD 2 Core
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    Crucial, 4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDEA GeForce 9200
    Sound Card
    On Board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24" Acer
    Hard Drives
    Sandisk, SSD 500GB
    PSU
    Acer
    Case
    SFF Slimline
    Keyboard
    emachines 101 key
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless
    Internet Speed
    5 Meg
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    Using Classic Shell on Win-8.1 /pro/64
So I am from Washington I'm using my cell phone to do internet as of moment, my Toshiba satellite is what I need for work. So here is the story I got the laptop from my ex he had no info on it and I didn't want whoever laptop prior to me info on it so I did a hard reset and then when I went to use few days later I forgot the password I set for it, so did a reset again only this time while I was gone someone unplug it and when I tried to start it I kept getting no boot able device...media fail...no os found ect.... so for over month now I had been watching videos and reading millions of forums and got no where. So since I don't care if everything gets deleted I decided to reformatt the hard drive...at least I think I did... but still can't get anywhere I oder a recovery CD from Toshiba and it should be here in next day or so I also have a windows 7 installation disc but what I'm confused on is if that will work with my recovery media from Toshiba or do I need to download windows 8 from Microsoft and if so is that all I will need to get my laptop working again. Praying it will because i don't have $300 the computer guy wants to look and possibly get it working in his words... I'm pretty good at following direction so if any other options out there or advice would be so greatly appreciated thank u

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    INTEL
So I am from Washington I'm using my cell phone to do internet as of moment, my Toshiba satellite is what I need for work. So here is the story I got the laptop from my ex he had no info on it and I didn't want whoever laptop prior to me info on it so I did a hard reset and then when I went to use few days later I forgot the password I set for it, so did a reset again only this time while I was gone someone unplug it and when I tried to start it I kept getting no boot able device...media fail...no os found ect.... so for over month now I had been watching videos and reading millions of forums and got no where. So since I don't care if everything gets deleted I decided to reformatt the hard drive...at least I think I did... but still can't get anywhere I oder a recovery CD from Toshiba and it should be here in next day or so I also have a windows 7 installation disc but what I'm confused on is if that will work with my recovery media from Toshiba or do I need to download windows 8 from Microsoft and if so is that all I will need to get my laptop working again. Praying it will because i don't have $300 the computer guy wants to look and possibly get it working in his words... I'm pretty good at following direction so if any other options out there or advice would be so greatly appreciated thank u
So many questions: What device are you using to post here?
What country are you in? (you don't say)
"while it was in middle of reset someone unpluged it."??? Does it not have a battery? Otherwise why would unplugging it make it stop?

Have you NOT consulted any Professional PC Tech?

I ask that, because there is a password reset program that runs from a boot disk or Flash Drive that most Professional Tech's will have. I have one and have used it many times. It's certainly NOT necessary to replace the hard drive just because you forgot your Log-In password.

My best advise would be to get that PC to a professional PC Tech who can save all your date files for you, before you do something that will erase them.

Good Luck,
TechnoMage :cool:

I also have another hard drive just in case that is problem but thing with it is when I put it in and try to download it says cannot download to drive and it say unallocated disk...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    INTEL
Back