What's new

Permissions for Windows 8 users assigned from the server

piotrekmag

Hello,

Is it may orientates how to add permissions for users who log on using the server?

In Windows 7, they were more stricter for example when user want install programs.

Is there a program that such causes can block the installation of programs, or hide the drives on your computer? It can be installed on a server or locally - with indifference.

I heard something about a Microsoft program, which was in the name of "policy", but unfortunately I can not find it.

Another matter. Does anyone have an idea of ​​how a computer (model) duplicate to the other 20? For a backup? By the server? I mean, I do not have to install the 19 remaining, but install programs, just as soon as cloned together with all the settings.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1

broe23

Retired from the grind
VIP Member
Pro User
You would do a GPO, just like you would with any other version of Windows. The catch is that the OS has to be an Enterprise or Pro edition.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 17.2
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba Satellite C850D-st3nx1
    CPU
    AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 1.40 GHZ
    Memory
    12GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon™ HD 7310 Graphics
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    Mouse
    Logitech M525
    Internet Speed
    45/6 - ATT U-Verse
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    None needed. It is Linux.
    Other Info
    Arris NVG589 Gateway; Router - Cisco RV320; Switch - Netgear GS108 8-Port Switch & Trendnet TEG-S50g 5-Port Switch; Access Points - Engenius ECB350, Trendnet TEW-638APB; NAS - Lenovo ix2-4; Printer - Brother HL-2280DW; Air Print Server - Lantronix XPrintServer

A/V UPS - Tripp-Lite Smart 1500LCD 1500 Va/900 W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)