Parallel use of two (or more) network adapters

Anakunda

Hiyas, I just wonder if it could be somehow possible to use simultaneously both wired and wireless connection within one Windows instance where I could assign to every application specific adapter. I suppose more connections can't be easily aggregated as each uses own IP address?

As a makeshift I'm thinking of creating virtual machine with the secondary network interface tied to it, but this is already below usual user comfort.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
I worked at a place once where there were two networks for the geologists - one of their networks was super fast, and the other network was the regular-speed company-wide network. They needed super high speed for the massive amounts of geological data that they had to analyze. The geologists had two network adapter cards, one for each network.

As I recall, the company-wide network was the default network for their computers. But the geological programs would use the fast network rather than the regular network. They accomplished this by including static IP addresses for the fast network. The geological software would somehow access the network using a specific IP address rather than the normal way, and that IP address would somehow route the network traffic via the 2nd network adapter to the fast network. I don't remember the specifics, but I do recall that the fast network used static IP addresses, and that this was how the geological software was able to force the geologic traffic to the fast network.

It was a very simple, elegant, and effective solution. It worked perfectly every time.

Sorry that I can't recall the specifics of how it was set up.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 18.2 xfce 64-bit (host OS) / Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit (virtual machine)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 3847
    CPU
    Haswell
    Memory
    12 GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 23"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Two hard drives, 1TB each: One for Linux, one for my data.
    Keyboard
    IBM Model M
    Browser
    Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer
    Antivirus
    Sophos (Linux), Windows Defender (Windows)
    Other Info
    I use Samba to share my data drive with the other computers at my house.
Back