• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

oracle box and mint

Peter2

Power User
MD

Hello
I have been watching tutorials at YouTube but there are so many hosts, guests, and OS's it is confusing.
I would like to use Oracle box as the host and install Mint as the guest. I am running Win 8.1 x64 which I would like to avoid in the mix if possible
My goal is to use the guest to run as an OS and also to try new things I would not try on my Windows pc. Also, if I had trouble I could simply delete the guest and the trouble would be gone.
I know how to go to Oracle and click Linux if that is to be the host or Windows if that is to be the host.
I think I would be clicking Linux if Oracle is the host then downloading oracle. Then go to the Linux site and click on Mint to download.
I think once Oracle is downloaded I click new and then click the Mint download but after that it gets fuzzy.

Services says virtual disc is stopped and on manual and windows features says hyper v is not enabled.
Perhaps these should be changed.
I am not too techy and this might take a bit of patience.
If you would like to assist me I would appreciate it. Thank you
Peter
PS Since writing this, I read an article that enumerated 10 reasons not to virtualize. One being if all is going well on a relatively new machine which is the case here. There were other reasons that deterred me from wanting to crate a VM such as time differences. etc.. I apologize for creating this lengthy post before reading the caveat and will not be perusing it further.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x 64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number
    Dell XPS 8300, Dell Inspiron 15 R N5010
    Memory
    6 GB
    Graphics Card(s)