Optimizer please?

Kutsuu

Help me choose my optimizer. at this moment, I only got CCleaner. Is their any more that i would need? On my old machine i used Tune up utilites 2013/2012 well, At the moment. I think i dont need it? So can you give me a hand. I would pay for it of course.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Hewlett-Packcard/HP Pavilion g4 Notebook PC
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory
    2048MB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
advanced system optimizer is the best one right now..!! i used it on windows 7 ultimate and now on windows 8 pro ... it's just an awesome optimizer and recommend it very much for PCs and laptops for regular use... :)
here's the download link for it's trial version :
Advanced System Optimizer - Performance, Power and Protection for your computer
EDIT: The trial version doesn't give the total optimization you'll need to buy it for all the things in it :)
ARC 1020..... i completely agree that web is full of ads and apps ..... but there is good in it too..!!... you see it is very essential to clean up your registry once in a while to be away from REG. Problems... and also ASP provides protection from spyware and malware........ so in short .... calling PC Optimizer as harmful is waste of time... they are very helpful for us :thumb:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 pro with WMC x86 & windows Blue preview x86 with Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    custom-build PC
    Motherboard
    INTEL DH55PJ MOTHERBOARD
    Browser
    google chrome
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky Pure 3.0
I would avoid all registry cleaners as they generally cause more problems than they solve. There is little evidence that regular registry cleaning is beneficial and much that it is not.

Please avoid all programs that promise to "optimize" system memory. These programs are worse than useless. All modern versions of Windows have excellent memory management and have no need or benefit from third party add-ons. There is a great deal I could say about these programs, not of it good.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
IMO LMiller7 has the right idea, since Win 7, 8, & 10, the OS is pretty smart and does a descent job of cleaning up after itself, pretty much making 3rd party cleaners/optimizers unnecessary, maybe even slightly dangerous should you go crazy and let the app run wild - essentially thinking for you.

I don't know, maybe running portable apps that don't gum up the registry, stores settings locally might be a nice alternative to many modern installers that decide my app is the most important app you need, places shortcuts everywhere, starts with Windows, auto updates, installs a process, on and on.

It also wouldn't hurt to have a backup ready so when the OS becomes sluggish and needs attention, restoring to a point before the problem might be better than running a bunch of tools that don't deal very well with malware etc... a clean backup created before an infection will run better than an OS that gets the once over from some tool, likely missing many things problematic to an old install.

Of course, these are only my thoughts, we all need to implement a plan of attack that we deem best, yet be respectful of others who offer an alternative.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G50-45
    CPU
    AMD A6-6310
    Memory
    12GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15" Laptop Display, 32" Samsung HDTV
    Internet Speed
    SLOW (4 Mbps)
I have used Revo Uninstaller Pro and Piriform's ccleaner for some time now -- they do just fine if used cautiously, carefully, and not "candy-stored".

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit [MS blue-disk set]
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    2 Acers & 1 Antec[?]
    CPU
    i7 in 2 Acers, i5 in desktop
    Motherboard
    Desktop w/Gigabyte
    Memory
    Two w/16GB, 1 w/8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Laptops GameWorthy; Desktop maybe GameWorthy
    Monitor(s) Displays
    flatscreens; 2 are BluRay worthy
    Screen Resolution
    1368x768; 1600x900
    Hard Drives
    1TB internals; 2 ext usb WD 1TB HDs
    PSU
    what's PSU?
    Cooling
    Regular plus external fans
    Keyboard
    desktio w/PS2
    Mouse
    desktop w/PS2
    Internet Speed
    DSL middle level [160?]
    Browser
    from Netscape 0.9 to FF 36
    Antivirus
    well-balanced, well-configured mult-layered defense is best
    Other Info
    From MS-DOS 3.3, MS-DOS 6.22, from Windows 3.1 to WFW 3.11 to Windows 95-98SE, now to Windows 7 Pro.
    Security for now: Windows 7 Firewall, Emsisoft AM, MSE [scan-only], SpywareBlaster, Ruiware/BillP combine
best to use Revo Uninstaller Pro and either BleachBit or Wise Disk Cleaner.
I got rid of CCleaner since Avast bought Piriform a few years ago

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Toshiba Satellite C55Dt-A5306
    CPU
    AMD Quad-Core A6-5200M Accelerated Processor
    Memory
    4 GB
Those "cleaners" won't do much. Best way to do it is doing it manually. Disk Cleanup, clean Temp folders etc...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Professional x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i7 3770 (non K) @ 4.45 GHZ / Ryzen 5 3600
    Motherboard
    MSI Z77 / MSI B450
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 / 16GB DDR4