• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved OEM Product Key Not Working?

phenixdragon

I am trying to install Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (Full Version) - OEM that I picked up from NewEgg but I am hafing an issue. It will not take the CD key during the installation that came with it. It keeps saying that it is invalid. I am certain it is being typed 100% correctly. Am I missing something? Is there something different with Windows 8 and the OEM keys?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7

cjm

Confused

I am trying to install Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (Full Version) - OEM that I picked up from NewEgg but I am hafing an issue. It will not take the CD key during the installation that came with it. It keeps saying that it is invalid. I am certain it is being typed 100% correctly. Am I missing something? Is there something different with Windows 8 and the OEM keys?
I am in the same position as you. I just finished building my nettop and started installing Win 8 OEM, from Amazon, and got warning that my CD Key is invalid. I can't find any solution to this.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8 Pro

dcdevito

I am in the same position as you. I just finished building my nettop and started installing Win 8 OEM, from Amazon, and got warning that my CD Key is invalid. I can't find any solution to this.
Same here. Purchased mine from Amazon and it's invalid. I'm quite pissed off at the moment.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro 64 bit OEM/Retail
Someone call Microsoft to ask about it ? This is the first thing I will have done.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 enterprise x64
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Pc-Quebec / Area 66
    CPU
    i7-3960X Extreme Edition
    Motherboard
    Rampage IV Extreme
    Memory
    Gskill 4x4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    4 x HD 7970
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Screen Resolution
    2560*1600
    Hard Drives
    C:\Intel series 520 SSD , 250 GB
    D:\ WD 750 black with Intel 40gb SSD cache Intel RST
    E:\ WD 2TB Black
    PSU
    Corsair AX 1200
    Case
    TT Mozart TX
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Logitech G-15
    Other Info
    Windows 8 VM is install on his own SSD.

dcdevito

Someone call Microsoft to ask about it ? This is the first thing I will have done.
On the phone with them now actually - they're taking care of me. One thing about Microsoft is that they do have top notch customer service. Cheers Redmond.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro 64 bit OEM/Retail

phenixdragon

I did call and was fixed, well kind of. The key had an 8 which looked a lot like a B. Actually the key had BB in it which it really was B8. I only could notice the difference when I scanned it to email the guy at Microsoft. The scan blew up the text which looked more like an 8. I think the 8 looked like a B because of the background on the CoA, it just was in the right spot where the background made it look like a B.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)