I do! Taking forever to download 3 gigs on my windows 8 pro laptop, still downloading for past 15 min and normally 3 gig download takes 10 min tops
Will let you know how it goes if it ever finishes, microsofts servers must really be bogged down
Successfully downloaded from store on two computers, total time for download and install about 2½ hours. No problems encountered. Searching for updates after install has taken 15 minutes, thus far nothing has downloaded, servers slow there as well.
Coming to you from a nice new Windows 8.1, upgraded from Windows 8. From clicking the tile in the Store until right now was almost exactly 3 hours, but most of that was download time on my relatively slow connection.
So far, so good. I have saved a copy of the folder ~Windows.~BT, which seems to contain the downloaded installer, to my backup drive, in case I need to do this again.
I've got the Windows 8.1 update showing in the Windows Store! Located in CA here. But won't do the update until I get to work. Maybe it is a good thing the download is slow, because I don't want to hog the bandwidth at work.
My first update with be on a VM running on a notebook made by the Fruit Company! When I get home this evening, I'll try it on two Windows 8 tablets...
If you do not see it in the store try rebooting the computer
Also i am told microsoft iss ending it out in bunches as not to overload the servers too much. My rep at microsoft told me to check on and off throughout the day into the end of this week because of this
TechNet has a new one -- SAME Product key though for the previous one I'd already installed - not sure how much difference there is -- Backing up my system now before I install the 17/10/2013 (can't get used to US dates 10/17/2013 seems totally cackhanded - either YYMMDD or DDMMYY but that system !!!)
downloading it now -- I would be surprised if there are any issues between the older RTM and the new one - especially as I don't need to get another key.
(Downloading at 12.5 Mb/s --decent but well below what I should be getting - still it won't take long - then I'll see what happens - even Ms's servers I suppose get heavily used at times).
After removing my 8.1 preview and installing my backup of 8.0 about a week ago, then forcing what seemed like 20 or more windows updates I'm now downloading the 8.1 update through the store.
Progress so far:
10:00 - start download (10mbs)
10:55 - checking compatibility
11:00 - Applying changes
11:05 - Gathering info
11:15 - Preparing to restart
11:18 - Restarting
12:00 - Rebooted and then setup (slow msata)
12:05 - reboot again and getting devices ready
12:10 - Applying PC settings
12:12 - Setting up a few more things
12:20 - Updating App's
12:29 - And now running again with 8.1 pro