Solved Numerous event id 10016 errors win 8 pro 64 bit

Finally sussed out what was causing it.

There's a setting in Windows 8 Manager that enables users to 'Disable to view the wireless password'. When this setting is enabled, it affects what apps show in dcomcnfg.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Don't reinstall - you'll just end up in the same place. I actually saw this on my own machine, and something is messing with security. To put it back to the way it should be (and have it work), do the following, in this order:

/QUOTE]

HI
Amazing Guide!!!!!

may i ask you a favor?
i got this errors
DCOM
Id 10010
{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}

& the same error
but the key is
{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}
in short 2 errors
but my problems is that security is disabled :confused:
aLJTXFD.png

2LkfTFH.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Winodws 8.1 Pro 64
Hi Ken.

Don't edit the "WPN Srumon Server Properties/Security dialog box".
The above fix on page one is for a different permission fault (although the fix method is the same). That is why it remains greyed out to you. It is the "Immersive Shell" you should be editing.

Follow these instructions exactly and let me know how you do. It should 100% work.

1. Open Regedit.
2. Go to HKEY_Classes_Root\CLSID\*CLSID*.
Note: *CLSID* stand for the ID that appears in your event viewer error. In your case, it's {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}.
3. Right click on it then select permission.
4. Click Advance and change the owner to Administrators. Also click the box that will appear below the owner line.
5. Apply full control.
6. Close the tab then go to HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Classes\AppID\*APPID*.
Note: *AppID* is the ID that appears in your event viewer. In your case it's {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}.
7. Right click on it then select permission.
8. Click Advance and change the owner to Administrators.
9. Click the box that will appear below the owner line.
10. Click Apply and grant full control to Administrators.
11. Close all tabs and go to Administrative tool.
12. Open component services.
13. Click Computer, click my computer, then click DCOM.
14. Look for the corresponding service "Immersive Shell" Right click and click properties.
15. Click security tab then click Customize in the Launch and Activation permissions section. Click Edit. Click Add. Add Local Service. Then apply.
16. Tick the Local Activation box.

Reboot.
hi
how can i
Click Advance and change the owner to Administrators.
?

Is Administrative tool dcomcnfg ?
sorry my os is not in english

thanks

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Winodws 8.1 Pro 64
I followed this fix, which had me maxed out on my tech abilities, but ran into a problem mentioned in other posts with having access denied when trying to give administrators full control. I saw elsewhere a procedure for dealing with that but the way it was explained I couldn't follow. It sounds like here nobody else had that problem. Can somebody give me some direction with this?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 update
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion e113x
    CPU
    AMD A8 4500
    Memory
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    AVG
Don't reinstall - you'll just end up in the same place. I actually saw this on my own machine, and something is messing with security. To put it back to the way it should be (and have it work), do the following, in this order:

1. Open the registry editor to the following key - HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{ADA41B3C-C6FD-4A08-8CC1-D6EFDE67BE7D}.....................
View attachment 10566

................17. Click the "Apply" button, then keep clicking "OK" to close the permissions window:
View attachment 10567

Reboot, and the error should go away (you've just given the user account in your error message the permissions it's complaining about missing).

for a long time I was looking for the solution for this event, finally I've resolved it. thank you very much

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 pro retail ita
I do a lot of (unpaid) PC/Laptop support for people and they frequently say to me "How do you know this stuff? How were we supposed to fix this ourselves?". Well, I want to say the same to CLUBERTI. Thanks for the very specific instructions. I implemented them exactly as you showed and when I rebooted I didn't get any events in the Event Viewer! Well done.

I also want to congratulate CLUBERTI on what I think are the clearest and most accurate problem resolution instructions I have ever seen in a forum. They were PERFECT! You've set the bar high but right up where it should be.

Thanks again....and thanks from my wife whose laptop now seems to be running smoothly again.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Memory
    4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia
Good to hear!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
    Motherboard
    Asus Maximus Hero VII
    Memory
    32GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX970
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Hard Drives
    1x Samsung 250GB SSD
    4x WD RE 2TB (RAIDZ)
    PSU
    Corsair AX760i
    Case
    Fractal Design Define R4
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
So...I followed the instuctions and have resolved event id 10016 apparently, however my problem of not being able to use my OS after a minute after logging in still continues. No idea now how to fix it. Although after that everything seems to be perfect. Just don't know why after booting and logging in I cannot use my system apparently. Thought event id 10016 was the culprit since it was the only significant error that I've been having, but now that it's gone and the problem still exists, I guess I'll just live with it. But thank you for the help whoever posted that step by step with visuals to fix the problem.

My Computer

System One

• OS
The detailled instructons above are really good. Unfortunately, by the time I got to the part where I should be able to change settings in the "WPN Srumon Properties", every tab is greyed out and not editable. I am an administrator, I even opened Dcomcnfg as an Administrator. What am I doing wrong?

I realise this is an old post, but I hope you will still be able to help.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell Inspiron 3847
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    Motherboard
    Dell 088DT1
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nividia GeForce GT 705
    Monitor(s) Displays
    BenQ GL2450 x 2
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    1 TB
    Antivirus
    F-Secure
I need assistance also, I didn't set the admin permissions to full control in RegEdit. Now I'm unable to restore my registry. Is there a way to restore my registry if I got to Step 12 but did NOT complete Step 10?

Thanks,

Rick

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Toshiba
7031 errors Win 10 Pro

Hi there,

I'm getting a lot of 7031 error in Win 10 pro and have been looking for the fix. I read your solution but I'm not sure I can try it since the errors in my log do not list any users for the error. It simply lists User: N/A

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 10 Pro
Hi borgus.

Follow these instructions to the letter and your problem will be 100% resolved :)

1. Open Regedit.
2. Go to HKEY_Classes_Root\CLSID\*CLSID*.
Note: *CLSID* stand for the ID that appears in your event viewer error. In your case, it's {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}.
3. Right click on it then select permission.
4. Click Advance and change the owner to Administrators. Also click the box that will appear below the owner line.
5. Apply full control.
6. Close the tab then go to HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Classes\AppID\*APPID*.
Note: *AppID* is the ID that appears in your event viewer. In your case it's {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}.
7. Right click on it then select permission.
8. Click Advance and change the owner to Administrators.
9. Click the box that will appear below the owner line.
10. Click Apply and grant full control to Administrators.
11. Close all tabs and go to Administrative tool.
12. Open component services.
13. Click Computer, click my computer, then click DCOM.
14. Now look for "Immersive Shell".
15. Right click on it then click properties.
16. Click security tab then click Customize in the Launch and Activation permissions section. Click Edit. Click Add. Add Local Service. Then apply.
17. Tick the Local Activation box.

Assume for Windows 10 x64 nbr. 6 is reading

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Classes\AppID\{316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}

Can only assume(!)... that is not required to change permissions of
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\AppID\{316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}

??

Or do I need to do them for both?

Thanks
=
there is even a 3rd key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}

apart of that, following this procedure I managed to get rid of a few other 10016 errors, like

CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} dcomcnfg->RunTimeBrokerand

CLSID {7022A3B3-D004-4F52-AF11-E9E987FEE25F}
APPID {ADA41B3C-C6FD-4A08-8CC1-D6EFDE67BE7D} dcomcnfg->"WPN Srumon Server"

but...

CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}
APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} dcomcnfg->"Immersive Shell"

in spite of many attempts the eventid 10016 regretfully remains.

=

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
I'd have to look at it, but remember this thread (and the instructions) were originally for Windows 8. These may, or may not, work for Windows 10.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
    Motherboard
    Asus Maximus Hero VII
    Memory
    32GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX970
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Hard Drives
    1x Samsung 250GB SSD
    4x WD RE 2TB (RAIDZ)
    PSU
    Corsair AX760i
    Case
    Fractal Design Define R4
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
This can help you simplifying the above mentioned fix process: will let you directly run 'comexp.msc' (component services) as TrustedInstaller (!), and apply the fixes...
RunasSystem and RunFromToken - reboot.pro
(From an Admin prompt use the small script at the bottom of the page to quickly run a new 'cmd' as TrunstedInstaller...)

No need to mess with registry keys access. Cleaner.
You can start directly from point 12, msg #29.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    ASUS G751JY
    CPU
    i7-4860HQ
    Memory
    16GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX 980m 4GB G-Sync
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 @75Hz
    Hard Drives
    SSD only
    Browser
    IE11, Edge
    Antivirus
    MalwareBytes
Don't reinstall - you'll just end up in the same place. I actually saw this on my own machine, and something is messing with security. To put it back to the way it should be (and have it work), do the following, in this order

I was able to make the ownership changes in the registry but when I got to DCOM Config I seem not to have permission to change anything in security, even though I am administrator on this laptop. I am the only user and I'm the administrator. If I get that far and then can't make the changes to WPN SRUMON server properties, am I broken or will I be ok? I'm afraid to turn this off! (I now run Windows 10 but the registry keys were indeed all owned by trustedinstaller which I changed to administrators. I have had this problem with Windows for years, that I'm the administrator but it keeps not knowing I am at random moments...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Samsung NP550P5C
    CPU
    4ghz Intel
    Motherboard
    SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. NP550P5C-A02UB
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel
    Sound Card
    "High definition audio device"
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (15.3"vis)
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS547575A9E384 750gb SATA
    Keyboard
    "HID keyboard device"
    Mouse
    "HID compliant mouse" and Amazon wireless mouse
    Internet Speed
    it's Verizon DSL so 2.5mbps :-(
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Avast
    Other Info
    Online Armor
    Emsisoft Antimalware
    I have Belarc Advisor which can pull info better than the device manager if any is needed.
Windows 10 here after upgrading from 8 over time. I'm having the same issue where my computer will lock up at the error you guys are getting. Found the instructions and was able to pinpoint in the Registry it was the Immersive Shell. However when I look for it in the DCOM section it does not allow me to change permissions. It is all greyed out. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I'm making sure to start the Components Services as an Admin but it still doesn't allow access to the permissions.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus
Back