What's new

No browsers working in 8

ColdFusionzzz

Hi I am new here, but I have had my first major problem with a windows 8 machine.

It's on an new laptop pre installed with windows 8, after doing all the updates that a new laptop always requires, I tryed using the browsers, first IE then FF but neither will connect to any web page but will allow downloads as I got FF by using the browsers selection screen and selecting FF then this downloaded through IE.

It is the weirdest problem I have had with Windows 8, there is full internet access, it downloads updates from microsoft, vaio etc but when it trys to connect to a web page on either browser it just spins and spins looking for the web page.

Are there any ideas what this could be as typically this is not a clients machine but a new machine purchased for my Mum and it's really getting annoying. :cry:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop

norepli

Did you have internet access before you downloaded those Windows Updates? Did you download any "optional" driver updates? If so, you might have downloaded/installed an optional driver update (from Windows Update) that may be causing your problem. Try "rolling back" all updated drivers and retest.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)