Malwarebytes kept telling me that some files had been changed and it wasn't able to correct them.... registry etc but no clue which files.
I had previously tried to do a System Restore but it never completed and told me to turn off any malware progs... I turned BM off but Restore still wouldn't restore my system.
Earlier today I re-looked at MB and saw there were tons of stuff that could be turned off, well as not to get confused with what I turned off and what MB had off, so, my bright idea was to simply uninstall MB and try the Restore again....... Yeah, it worked..... I was so pleased with myself because I'm almost 70 years old and not in good health, physically and mentally.