Solved .NET Framework 1.1 & Windows 8.1 Conflict

The Microsoft .NET framework is necessary for some programs to execute perfectly. The Microsoft .Net Framework is a platform that provides tools and technologies you need to build Networked Applications as well as Distributed Web Services and Web Applications.It is not necessary to delete old versions too . More about .Net Framework...What is Microsoft .Net Framework

Evan

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Please help get Printshop 23.1 in Windows 8.1 to work

Sunnova,

I tried following this info, not sure if the links are old, so the info is different, but I just cannot figure it out.

I need an answer for dummies.

I did click on the link below as you stated, downloaded the first link, and opened the zip file, and here is where I get confused. You say to click the Windows and X key, and I get that screen, but don't exactly know what to type.

I can't change what is there, which says c:\windows\system32>

The file downloaded into THIS PC inside the DOWNLOADS folder, so I really am not sure what I am supposed to type. Can you type out exactly what I am supposed to put there, and what will it look like once I hit the Return key?

I don't know if I am supposed to include the Quote marks and the extra spaces between the / marks

Thank you for any help with this. I inadvertantly hit the upgrade to Windows 8.1 and can't go back without days of grief resetting and saving everything I currently have on my computer.

Margaret

ok iam so lost with out printshop 23.1 and i am at lost at what i need to do to fix this go to the page but dont know what iam to download to fix this problem wont work since i downloaded 8.1
Hi Donna36, just go to the link in my post above, look for "Download Location" you will find a link that downloads cleanup_tool.exe in a zip file.

I used the first link, and right clicked on dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip to pick download.

After you have downloaded that zip file to your computer somewhere, you need to extract the [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]cleanup [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]tool[/FONT][/FONT]from the zip file you have downloaded, you need to keep track of where you placed it. Do the following,

Use the Windows Key + X, select command prompt (admin) from the list of commands, then key in

your folder you installed it\cleanup_tool.exe /q:a /c:"cleanup.exe /p .NET Framework 1.1"

once that is done, you will be able to install The Printshop 23.1 without a problem, someone else might be able to explain how to do this part better than I can.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Hi Margaret, when you opened the zip file, what folder did you extract the contents of the zip file into?

if you extracted into your downloads folder, do you see the cleanup_tool.exe in the downloads folder?

Let me know.

Sunnova,

I tried following this info, not sure if the links are old, so the info is different, but I just cannot figure it out.

I did click on the link below as you stated, downloaded the first link, and opened the zip file, and here is where I get confused. You say to click the Windows and X key, and I get that screen, but don't exactly know what to type.

The file downloaded into THIS PC inside the DOWNLOADS folder, so I really am not sure what I am supposed to type. Can you type out exactly what I am supposed to put there, and what will it look like once I hit the Return key?

I don't know if I am supposed to include the Quote marks and the extra spaces between the / marks

Thank you for any help with this. I inadvertantly hit the upgrade to Windows 8.1 and can't go back without days of grief resetting and saving everything I currently have on my computer.

Margaret

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy H8-1534
    CPU
    AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor
    Motherboard
    M3970AM-HP
    Memory
    10GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series
    Sound Card
    AMD High Definition Audio Device
When I go to THIS PC and highlight the top line, it has C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE\Downloads\dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip and then below is shows CLEANUP_TOOL.exe, and history.txt and readme.txt

Hi Margaret, when you opened the zip file, what folder did you extract the contents of the zip file into?

if you extracted into your downloads folder, do you see the cleanup_tool.exe in the downloads folder?

Let me know.

Sunnova,

Margaret

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
When I go to THIS PC and highlight the top line, it has C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE\Downloads\dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip and then below is shows CLEANUP_TOOL.exe, and history.txt and readme.txt

after doing the windows x, and picking Command Prompt (Admin)

at the c:\windows\system32>

key in

C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE\Downloads\cleanup_tool.exe /q:a /c:"cleanup.exe /p .NET Framework 1.1"

hit enter, that should do it for you.

(Change MYNAMEHERE to your login name)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Envy H8-1534
    CPU
    Motherboard
    M3970AM-HP
    Memory
    10GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
Thank you. I am going to do it tomorrow with a fresh mind. I appreciate all your help.

I will post back with the outcome. Fingers crossed!

key in

C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE\Downloads\cleanup_tool.exe /q:a /c:"cleanup.exe /p .NET Framework 1.1"

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I LOVE YOU!!!! Thank you so much! I really appreciate this! :D:party::dinesh::thumb:

Almost thought it didn't work but forgot I had to put it in compatability mode for Windows 7, and then BAM, all my files showed up!

Thank you. I am going to do it tomorrow with a fresh mind. I appreciate all your help.

I will post back with the outcome. Fingers crossed!

key in

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Envy H8-1534
    CPU
    Motherboard
    M3970AM-HP
    Memory
    10GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
Thank you, thank you, thank you. You save my life. I need Print Shop 23.1 and now I have it because of your instructions. I bought the Print Shop 3.5 and it is terrible. It did not display or use the address file like 23.1. 23.1 was perfect as it was. Why is it they have to change something that works? Why is it that they never consult the users, the ones who pay the money for their software before they destroy and great product.
3.5 is so difficult to use and no matter what they claim, it would not retrieve my old 23.1 files. I received an error every time I opened one.

Thank you again. Your are my savor.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
Glad the post is still helping follks. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Envy H8-1534
    CPU
    Motherboard
    M3970AM-HP
    Memory
    10GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
Had the same issue with QuickBooks 2007 Pro... And just stumbled upon this thread today, a little to late.. But it worked..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
can i get the complete procedure. I did the cleanup tool there was no status message, after it I tried to instal dotnet framework 1.1 but it says some regsvcs.exe error.. Kindly help..

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Works for Windows 10

Hi,
I'm brand new on this forum. Wanted to let you know these procedures work for Windows 10, too. I've been so frustrated trying to get Print Shop 23 up and running since I upgraded to 8.1 when I lost that program. I just updated to Windows 10 which did nothing for the problem. You made my day by now having Print Shop 23 again. I bought Print Shop 3.5, but what a disappointment, so removed it. Have been using my Laptop with Windows 7, and of course, Print Shop 23 worked like a charm. Thanks again. Dale:)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Thank you Dale for the feedback, I've not updated my windows 8.1 pro system to windows 10 yet, it's good to know that fix will still work. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Envy H8-1534
    CPU
    Motherboard
    M3970AM-HP
    Memory
    10GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
can i get the complete procedure. I did the cleanup tool there was no status message, after it I tried to instal dotnet framework 1.1 but it says some regsvcs.exe error.. Kindly help..

I have the same error:

RegSvcs.exe - Application Error
The instruction at 0x002dde78 referenced memory at 0x002dde78. The memory could not be written.
Click on OK to terminate the program

Then it rolls back the install.

Right before it shows that error window it says:
"Registering System.EnterprisesServices.dll
Executing failed"

How do we fix to allow it to install??

Replacing the RegSvcs.exe with the one from .net 2.0 gives the same executing error but no memory error window so that might be a direction to go towards a fix. Trying the same file from .net 1.0 gives similar results to the original 1.1 showing the memory error window...

P.S. Yes, i ran the cmd. I ran it right, but it didn't change anything... I also tried rebooting, but that didn't fix it either... Nothing seems to work...

I'm using a crappy $25 DigiLand 801w tablet with windows 8.1 preinstalled.
Was going to pick up a second identical tablet if I can get all the bugs out of this one...

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Many OSs on many systems...
Back