Solved need help removing admin password or resetting os

ocpelon01

hi and thanks im new to this site but for four weeks have had no luck anywhere. i won a dell latitude 10-st2e tablet with windows 8 at an auction. since it had no charger they could not test it i bought it as is. i bought the charger and when charged it turned on only to be admin password in microsoft. i spoke with dell who said speak with microsoft who said talk to dell. i just want to know if theres a way to get passed the password or just reset the tablet to its original 8 settings any help will do thank you

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Tablet
    System Manufacturer/Model
    dell latitude 10-st2e
There are 2 types of Admin Passwords - One Is the BIOS Admin Password - The other is an OS Admin Password..
So which is it ??
Bios Passwords are harder to reset and / or to find a viable method to do so.
OS Passwords can be cleared by software or Reinstallation of OS

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
it is the os password i can actually get into the bios but when i try to change something it asks for the password, i think im doing something wrong because it seems if i try to boot from a usb by hitting f12 it just ignores it and goes to the os screen then asks for password and thank you ive gotten more of a response already than i did with dell or microsoft

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Tablet
    dell latitude 10-st2e
If you can get into the BIOS, but can not change anything - without being prompted for a password.
Then you have an Admin Bios Password...

If you can get to the OS Login Screen - where it asks for a password - then you also have an OS Password...

Now the other issue you appear to have (Due to BIOS Password) is Booting from a USB Device...

IF you can not boot from a USB Device - then you are screwed - unless you can remove BIOS password....
The issue for Dell is, if you are NOT the original purchaser of that Dell Unit - they will NOT help you Reset it (with a backdoor password) - due to security concerns...

With that said, you will have to search the internet for the Dell backdoor method to unlock that BIOS...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB