• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved need help removing admin password or resetting os

ocpelon01

hi and thanks im new to this site but for four weeks have had no luck anywhere. i won a dell latitude 10-st2e tablet with windows 8 at an auction. since it had no charger they could not test it i bought it as is. i bought the charger and when charged it turned on only to be admin password in microsoft. i spoke with dell who said speak with microsoft who said talk to dell. i just want to know if theres a way to get passed the password or just reset the tablet to its original 8 settings any help will do thank you

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Tablet
    System Manufacturer/Model
    dell latitude 10-st2e

KYHI

Pro User
There are 2 types of Admin Passwords - One Is the BIOS Admin Password - The other is an OS Admin Password..
So which is it ??
Bios Passwords are harder to reset and / or to find a viable method to do so.
OS Passwords can be cleared by software or Reinstallation of OS

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB

ocpelon01

it is the os password i can actually get into the bios but when i try to change something it asks for the password, i think im doing something wrong because it seems if i try to boot from a usb by hitting f12 it just ignores it and goes to the os screen then asks for password and thank you ive gotten more of a response already than i did with dell or microsoft

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Tablet
    dell latitude 10-st2e

KYHI

Pro User
If you can get into the BIOS, but can not change anything - without being prompted for a password.
Then you have an Admin Bios Password...

If you can get to the OS Login Screen - where it asks for a password - then you also have an OS Password...

Now the other issue you appear to have (Due to BIOS Password) is Booting from a USB Device...

IF you can not boot from a USB Device - then you are screwed - unless you can remove BIOS password....
The issue for Dell is, if you are NOT the original purchaser of that Dell Unit - they will NOT help you Reset it (with a backdoor password) - due to security concerns...

With that said, you will have to search the internet for the Dell backdoor method to unlock that BIOS...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)