My ASUS prints word documents ok but not scanned documents or jpeg images

clad

Strange one just happened 2 or 3 days ago. I had scanned in from my cannon 4400f a huge number of photos and also some slides from my small special slide scanner. I now find that I cannot print out any jpeg image or scanned document image without corruption, like top quarter of photo showing then blank for another 50 or 60% then the bottom fraction.

This applies not just to the newly scanned images but any jpeg from my files. If I send a jpeg to word and then print it, the image is fine.

Any steers at all folks, I am at my wits end! cheers Chris

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    asus
Sorry I should have said. I have another printer and it gives the same result as my main Epson wf 7015. I have an old desktop and if I select a jpeg file from this, it prints fine on both the printers. So I am assuming some form of corruption in my ASUS laptop.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    asus
I now find that I cannot print out any jpeg image or scanned document image without corruption, like top quarter of photo showing then blank for another 50 or 60% then the bottom fraction.
Welcome to Eight Forums @clad .

This is a known issue with the March 9th Monthly Rollup.

After installing updates released March 9, 2021, you might get unexpected results when printing from some apps. Issues might include:
  • Elements of the document might print as solid black/color boxes or might be missing....

The issue is fixed in the KB5001640 update which you can download from the Update Catalog.

How to get this update​

Microsoft Update Catalog

To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Hyper-V
Back