Multitouch gestures / two finger scroll not working

Emmagic

Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is my first ever post :)party:!) and I have a problem that I'm quite stuck with.

Yesterday I installed the 90 trial of Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation edition on my Sony Vaio laptop (model: VPCEH2N1E). Since doing so the multitouch gestures on my touchpad, that had worked pefectly on my 64-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium, are no longer working. To be honest if I could just get two finger scrolling
back I could live with it! I've tried installing the latest 64 bit XP/Window 7 drivers from Synaptics, in desperation I've tried installing Windows 8 Synaptics drivers from HP and Lenovo and I even tried the 'two-finger-scroll' application from here two-finger-scroll - Two finger gestures for Synaptics TouchPads on Windows - Google Project Hosting and so far nothing has worked!

Here's a screen shot of what I get when I go to 'Device Settings' in 'Mouse Properties'. It seems to me that my touchpad is being recognised as a mouse and not a touchpad?

Mouse Properties.png

and here is when I click on settings:

Mouse Properties 2.png

As you can see, there's no option for multitouch gestures at all... What's going on here? :cry:

P.S. I saw on Synaptics website that there is the new Synaptics Gesture Suite 12.3 (Windows 8 | Synaptics) which has specific gestures for Windows 8 but I can't seem to find it anywhere to download. Does anyone know if and when or where this will be made available for download?

You honestly couldn't imagine just how much I'd appreciate it if anyone was able to help me with this! :D
Thanks in advance!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Ubuntu, Windows 7, Windows 8
I am having a similar problem with my lenovo laptop. It came with win 8 preinstalled and multitouch gestures are brilliant but at some point after turning on the laptop they are disabled for some reason and have to restart to get them working again.
The gestures appear to be controlled by separate drivers from the base synaptics drivers and it seems that some program or operation disabled the gestures but I cant figure it out... il let you know if I can sort it

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    lenovo
    CPU
    i3
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidea
the touchpad is simply a multipoint trackpad and thus is recognized as a mouse device. if you're having a hard time getting the 2-point scrolling to work, you need to play with your settings. a big help might be lowering the pointer speed and also adjusting the wheel's "numbers of lines".

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
I dont understand how it works perfectly after a reboot and then just randomly stops working without me changing any settings and then wont work again until another reboot. makes no sense??

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    lenovo
    CPU
    i3
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidea
My multitouch wasn't working either, but as soon as I visited this page it started to work.

There must be some magical internet pixiedust on this site.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows
On my ASUS laptop the two finger scroll and other gestures do not work with the standard Windows driver. I have to install the ASUS Smart Gesture Utility to get those extra features. Check your laptops support page for a similar utility or driver package.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4N68T-M V2 µATX Motherboard