Multiple Windows Store Problems

pwcrickman

I would appreciate some help with a number of Windows Store problems. The original problem occurred two weeks ago when I could no longer load the Microsoft Solitaire Collection Windows Store app running on my Win 8.1 Dell tablet. When it did not load it asked to be activated. The initial recommendation (from the answers.microsoft.com forum) was to uninstall and reinstall the app. However after uninstalling and attempting to reinstall the app it gives me a x80004005 error. I have run the WS reset command and the Windows App Troubleshooter and it has not fixed the problem. I have also run a sfc /scannow and the dism commands to check the component store, but both of them came back without any errors detected.

The Windows App Troubleshooter does mention that the service registration is missing or corrupt and resultant disposition is "Not Fixed".

I have tried to re-register the Windows Store app because it now errors out when it loads and claims it cannot connect to the Internet or server whenever it starts or when I go the App Updates page. A restart after the powershell re-register command (run under the Administrator account) did not fix this problem.

I have checked the Window Update, BITS and Crypto services and they are all running as expected. I have checked the Date and Time and it is set appropriately.

I have run the chkdsk command and it reported no problems detected when run in read-only mode.

I have also run the Windows Update Troubleshooter found here. It fixed a number of Windows Update settings as well as the Service Registration error I reported above. However the Store connection error persists. The Store loads, but with an outdated set of apps shown, but whenever I try to go to the My Apps page or try to go to App Updates under Settings I receive the following error:

"We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. Please wait a few minutes and try again (0x80072ee2)."

I have checked the proxy settings in both IE and under Change PC Settings -> Network -> Proxy and it is turned off.

Are there any other options / solutions that you can recommend to try?

Thanks for your help.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Tablet
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
I have been successful with installing the MS Solitaire Collection app, but the Apps Update and My Apps page still error out with connection error described in the original post.

How do I reset the Store without going through the Refresh process under Settings -> Update and Recovery.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Tablet
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
Back