Solved Mobile Intel Series 4 and Intel HD Graphics 1st Generation

Hi,

I can't choose a resolution higher than 1600x1200 on external displays with the modified Series 4 driver. But it works with the win wddm driver. Does anyone has the same problem?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8
Well, dont know how about you, but for me intel hd graphics sucks in general, from low performance to bad drivers (meh, intel... good in physics, know nothing about software... :)). Low resolutions and incompatibility with external displays or tv's is not an exception, you can create custom resolution, but it will bring even more bugs and problems, like half of the screen will be vsynced, and other half will be not vsynced (well, it depends on resolution on how much it will be bad)...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ljkhlj
Just wanted to say thanks for this. I was looking to upgrade the drivers, saw there wasn't any so uninstalled and hoped Windows would find something appropriate. It didn't, I searched and found this thread - problem solved. Great stuff. Cheers. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8
i cannot seem to get this driver to install it keeps saying that i dont meet the minimum system requirements...i have a Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset and im running windows 8 pro with media center here is my hardware id PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E22&SUBSYS_83361043&REV_03
o and current version of driver im running is 8.15.10.2702 please get back to me if u can ;-)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 pro x64
i cannot seem to get this driver to install it keeps saying that i dont meet the minimum system requirements...i have a Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset and im running windows 8 pro with media center here is my hardware id PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E22&SUBSYS_83361043&REV_03
o and current version of driver im running is 8.15.10.2702 please get back to me if u can ;-)
You clicked the driver in the Mobile Series 4 section right? The Intel HD Graphics driver wont work for you card.

I should really add a list of supported cards ._.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro x64
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-2500k
    Motherboard
    ASRock z77 Extreme 4
    Memory
    Team Elite 8GB (4 x 2GB)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 & Nvidia GT 530
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC892
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital Caviar Black 750 GB SATA III 7200 RPM
    PSU
    Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W
    Case
    NZXT GAMMA Classic Series
    Cooling
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    Keyboard
    i-rocks RF-6570
    Mouse
    i-rocks RF-7550A
    Internet Speed
    17Mbps
Error during install!

Hi there, thanks for creating such great drivers. I am using an Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) with default drivers from Windows Update. I am currently having issues with installation of the drivers.

After pressing the next on WinSAT page, I get a message as below:

Error.jpg

After pressing OK, I get below:

Error 2.jpg

Then after pressing Next, the window closes.

my Hardware IDs as below:

Hardware ID.jpg

Can u please help?

I also have question regarding this driver.

1. If I install this driver, would I get significantly better FPS at games. I only do some Warcraft 3 - DOTA occasionally. Currently with it running I am getting between 30-40 FPS with FRAPS on 1280x720 resolution.
  2. I am also running my laptop (Asus UL30A) on an external screen via HDMI output. This external screen is running on 1920x1080 60Hz. Would this driver support this?

Thanks a lot.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Enterprise
Hi there, thanks for creating such great drivers. I am using an Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) with default drivers from Windows Update. I am currently having issues with installation of the drivers.

View attachment 21478

View attachment 21479

View attachment 21480

Can u please help?

1. If I install this driver, would I get significantly better FPS at games. I only do some Warcraft 3 - DOTA occasionally. Currently with it running I am getting between 30-40 FPS with FRAPS on 1280x720 resolution.
  2. I am also running my laptop (Asus UL30A) on an external screen via HDMI output. This external screen is running on 1920x1080 60Hz. Would this driver support this?

Thanks a lot.
Have you installed the custom certificate installer? Without the certificate the driver wont install (Because I had to sign it myself)
I'm pretty sure you will get better fps (slightly) since this has opengl (which the windows driver is missing)
I can't tell if it will support 1920x1080, I don't have this graphics card. You can try manually entering the resolution in the intel control panel.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro x64
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-2500k
    Motherboard
    ASRock z77 Extreme 4
    Memory
    Team Elite 8GB (4 x 2GB)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 & Nvidia GT 530
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC892
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital Caviar Black 750 GB SATA III 7200 RPM
    PSU
    Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W
    Case
    NZXT GAMMA Classic Series
    Cooling
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    Keyboard
    i-rocks RF-6570
    Mouse
    i-rocks RF-7550A
    Internet Speed
    17Mbps
Wow... U saved me... Thanks for the help.. Didnt see the link to the certificate installer... My fault...
Had one issue though, the waterwark... I couldnt remove my Windows 8 Enterprise Watermark, Leaving the Test Mode and Build still there...

Used another tool called My_WCP_Watermark_Editor and it worked a charm...

Gonna test the drivers on the game later...

Thanks again... :thumbsup:

View attachment 21478

View attachment 21479

View attachment 21480

Can u please help?

Thanks a lot.
Have you installed the custom certificate installer? Without the certificate the driver wont install (Because I had to sign it myself)
I'm pretty sure you will get better fps (slightly) since this has opengl (which the windows driver is missing)
I can't tell if it will support 1920x1080, I don't have this graphics card. You can try manually entering the resolution in the intel control panel.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Enterprise
works great, thanks!i just wanna ask 1 question, can i uninstal that -Custom Certificate Installer- now? i have this 'Test Mode' text on the bottom right corner of my screen, and its kinda annoying and scary, and i have no idea what it means... can i get rid of it somehow?

edit: so much for working great... i got 5x blue screen of death, while playing minecraft(dont judge me), i havent tried any other game...my pc is ASUS k50ij, with mobile intel 4 series express chipset family, on windows 8 pro 64bit... help needed, thanks in advance

PS: after BSOD and reboot, it wants me to send theese files
C:/windows/minidump/052513-19718-01.dmp
C:/users/user/appdata/local/temp/WER-61854-0.sysdata.xml
C:/windows/MEMORY.dmp
if thats any help...

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
Same as above me ^. I registered only to thank you. And I mean it, seriously, thank you man! Every piece of your work on this is truly appreciated. I finally found it after 3 hours of searching for a solution. Thank you very much!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
I have a Inspiron 1545 and it says that this driver is not validated for my computer. I have a Intel T4200 Pentium Processor at 2.0ghz running Integrated Graphics can you please help me? I am also running windows 8.1 Developer Preview.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 1545
    CPU
    Intel Pentium T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
    Motherboard
    Included Dell Laptop MotherBoard
    Memory
    4 Gigabyte Dell Ram DDR2 800 mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel 4 Mobile Express Chipset Family
    Browser
    Mozilla Firefox
    Antivirus
    None
Same error

I successfully installed the custom certificate and the Modded Intel 4 Chipset Family Driver and when i go to Device manager the graphics driver has an exclamation.

Here's the screenshot View attachment 15880 View attachment 15881

PS. I registered here to post this xD Please help me.

Hello, I've the same error. My computer is an aspire 1810TZ and windows 8.
I'd already install the certificate.

Thanks by advance.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
This worked great on Windows 8 but it doesn't work with Windows 8.1. :(

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Preview x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer, Aspire 5734Z-4836
    CPU
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz
    Memory
    4Gb RAM (Upgraded from 2Gb)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Intel GMA 4500M)
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    250GB HDD
    300GB External HDD
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
@MisterBamf is there any way to get it work on 8.1?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Graphics Card(s)
    i3 550 HD Graphics 1st gen
Back