Microsoft to support Raspberry Pi 2 with a free version of Windows 10: A full Windows PC for just $35?
Microsoft is throwing its weight behind the newly announced Raspberry Pi 2 today. The Raspberry Pi Foundation's low-cost computer was an instant hit when it first debuted in 2012, and the new Raspberry Pi 2 now includes a more powerful processor and twice as much RAM. While you’ve never been able to officially run copies of Windows on the Raspberry Pi without resorting to an old version or tricks and hacks, Microsoft says it’s "delivering a version of Windows 10 that supports Raspberry Pi 2."
- Windows 7 Home Premium x64
- Computer type
- System Manufacturer/Model Number
- INTEL Core i5-750
- ASUS P7P55D
- KINGSTON HyperX Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866Mhz
- Graphics Card(s)
- EVGA GTX750
- Monitor(s) Displays
- Samsung SyncMaster B2430H 24"
- Screen Resolution
- 1920 x 1080
- Hard Drives
- Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB, 2 x SEAGATE 500GB Barracuda® 7200.12, SATA 3 Gb/s, 7200 RPM, 16MB cache
- ANTEC TruePower New TP-550, 80 PLUS®, 550W
- ANTEC Three Hundred Illusion
- COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus, 3 x 120mm 1 x 140mm Case
- Internet Speed
- 20 + Mbps