Cooling
    Artic Freezer Pro 2
    Keyboard
    Dell Wireless
    Mouse
    Dell Wireless
    Internet Speed
    24 mbps download
And soon people will be cleaning up their drawers after they crap themselves when they see the price of the Surface pro.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz OC'd to 3.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1, F12 BIOS
    Memory
    8GB G.Skill PI DDR2-800, 4-4-4-12 timings
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1280MB Nvidia GeForce GTX570
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC899A 8 channel onboard audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Intel X25-M 80GB Gen 2 SSD
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black, 32MB cache. WD1001FALS
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
    Windows and Linux enthusiast. Logitech G35 Headset.
I call BS on this, the Surface Pro was announced to arrive 90 days after the Surface RT, back in July, not because the RT is doing iffy.

Even then, most other touch enabled ultrabooks are in the price range of the Surface, it has features the other ultrabooks don't have, like a neat removable keyboard, Wacom stylus, 1080p screen, and a magnetic charging port among other things. A Lenovo Yoga costs a 1,000 dollars. It has a full keyboard and 128 gigs of storage. The 128 gig model of the Surface Pro is a 1,000 dollars without a keyboard. Let lone most other non-touch ultrabooks are about 800 dollars as it is....

I find it's getting a little idiotic that people are saying the Surface tablets are too expensive. They aren't android tablets first off. They have features android tablets don't have, and the Pro has features not other Windows 8 tablet PCs have as of yet. It's such a superficial assessment that is only fueled by ignorance and a lack of research.

And also, it's a little idiotic to say that the Surface tablets are doing poorly in sales, when there are like around 60-70 PHYSICAL locations in North America to buy one, most of which are on the east or west coasts. Compare this to the thousands of best buys and Office Max's and other tech retailers that carry other Windows 8 tablet PCs and other touch enabled PCs. To say that the Surface tablets are doing poorly isn't really because no one wants one or they're too pricy (though the price part is debatable) it's really more due to a lack of physical availability is what's killing sales. You're not going to chuck 500 to 1,000 dollars on a device you haven't held in your hands and saw with your eyes in the flesh. THAT'S the reason.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
You're not going to chuck 500 to 1,000 dollars on a device you haven't held in your hands and saw with your eyes in the flesh. THAT'S the reason.

unless you are an apple customer.

but don't worry they will let you know they own an apple, that's how you can spot them and hide from them.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
I find it's getting a little idiotic that people are saying the Surface tablets are too expensive. They aren't android tablets first off. They have features android tablets don't have, and the Pro has features not other Windows 8 tablet PCs have as of yet. It's such a superficial assessment that is only fueled by ignorance and a lack of research.
It's a broad assumption on your part that my assessment is based on ignorance and a lack of research. My concerns on price are not based on the hardware of the device, but rather on the type of device that it is. Hardcore power users won't accept a tablet as a substitute for a desktop or laptop. Lesser users probably don't have a need for all of the hardware that this tablet has. They can get by just fine on tablets between $199 and $499. When they see $899, it's no longer even a consideration.

And also, it's a little idiotic to say that the Surface tablets are doing poorly in sales, when there are like around 60-70 PHYSICAL locations in North America to buy one, most of which are on the east or west coasts.
Well, I have "YET" to see a single person with a surface tablet, and I don't know of anybody who actually owns one. Nobody that I know wants an RT, and most think that $899+ for the Pro is simply too high. If you cannot buy them anywhere, I don't see how sales could be anything but poor.

You're not going to chuck 500 to 1,000 dollars on a device you haven't held in your hands and saw with your eyes in the flesh. THAT'S the reason.
Then, epic fail on Microsoft's part not having these devices available for anybody to touch. Anyway I look at this, Microsoft loaded the gun and shot themselves in both feet.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info

unless you are an apple customer.

but don't worry they will let you know they own an apple, that's how you can spot them and hide from them.

That, or they have more reasons and excuses than dollars in their wallet! :cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
It's a broad assumption on your part that my assessment is based on ignorance and a lack of research. My concerns on price are not based on the hardware of the device, but rather on the type of device that it is. Hardcore power users won't accept a tablet as a substitute for a desktop or laptop. Lesser users probably don't have a need for all of the hardware that this tablet has. They can get by just fine on tablets between $199 and $499. When they see $899, it's no longer even a consideration.

And also, it's a little idiotic to say that the Surface tablets are doing poorly in sales, when there are like around 60-70 PHYSICAL locations in North America to buy one, most of which are on the east or west coasts.
Well, I have "YET" to see a single person with a surface tablet, and I don't know of anybody who actually owns one. Nobody that I know wants an RT, and most think that $899+ for the Pro is simply too high. If you cannot buy them anywhere, I don't see how sales could be anything but poor.

Then, epic fail on Microsoft's part not having these devices available for anybody to touch. Anyway I look at this, Microsoft loaded the gun and shot themselves in both feet.

I'm not really talking about your specific thoughts, more just the general perception that the article made me think of. The type of device doesn't really matter, it's THE VERY same as an ultrabook, only with touch, one inch smaller screen, and without the touch or type cover out of the box. I'm guessing YOUR perceptions of a tablet means a neutered smartphone OS only best suited for the internet. That's not mine. I find it redundant to have multiple devices, multiple screen sizes when I can just stay with a four inch smartphone and not shell out money for a screen size three inches larger than my phone; of which doesn't even actually do anything more than my Windows Phone first off, I can make a Word document on my phone. An amazon kindle or other android tablet, not really.

And that's my point exactly, if you can't find them physically, you can't be won over by it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
it's THE VERY same as an ultrabook, only with touch, one inch smaller screen, and without the touch or type cover out of the box.
I'm not a fan of ultrabooks much either. And I don't think I would do an 11" ultrabook, would have to be at least 13" to be a reasonable size for me for daily use. Personally, I want a device that I can add RAM to if necessary, or change a hard drive on myself, or use an optical drive for watching movies, or ripping cd's, I'd want a device that could have a battery replaced by the end user if necessary rather than having to have the unit serviced elsewhere.

i I find it redundant to have multiple devices, multiple screen sizes when I can just stay with a four inch smartphone and not shell out money for a screen size three inches larger than my phone; of which doesn't even actually do anything more than my Windows Phone first off, I can make a Word document on my phone. An amazon kindle or other android tablet, not really.
I don't mind redundant devices. I have smartphone that I have to carry for work, and it's a Samsung Galaxy S3. My tablet at home is a 10" Asus Transformer. The tablet is almost used exclusively by my kids to watch Netflix and YouTube. The 10" screen size makes it a suitable device for this. With multiple family members, having more devices is ideal. My son can play Angry Birds on my phone, my daughter can watch Netflix on the tablet, and I can grab the chromebook and surf the web. I don't use my phone or my tablet to create Word or Excel documents (heck, I don't even like trying to view these types of files on my phone or tablet), as I have a desktop and a laptop which are far more suitable for me doing any type of actual productivity work. And I do also own a generation 2 kindle. I find this device ideal for reading. I don't want to read on my tablet or my phone or my laptop. The kindle is in my laptop bag, goes everywhere with me, and a single charge lasts me 4-8 weeks. And since it doesn't offer games and other distractions, when I sit down to read, i actually READ. And I'm even thinking of upgrading to a new Kindle paperwhite so that I can read in bed with the built in backlight without disturbing my wife. I'd much rather do this on a kindle than a tablet which requires nearly daily charging and weighs more and is physically larger to hold.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
it's THE VERY same as an ultrabook, only with touch, one inch smaller screen, and without the touch or type cover out of the box.
I'm not a fan of ultrabooks much either. And I don't think I would do an 11" ultrabook, would have to be at least 13" to be a reasonable size for me for daily use. Personally, I want a device that I can add RAM to if necessary, or change a hard drive on myself, or use an optical drive for watching movies, or ripping cd's, I'd want a device that could have a battery replaced by the end user if necessary rather than having to have the unit serviced elsewhere.

i I find it redundant to have multiple devices, multiple screen sizes when I can just stay with a four inch smartphone and not shell out money for a screen size three inches larger than my phone; of which doesn't even actually do anything more than my Windows Phone first off, I can make a Word document on my phone. An amazon kindle or other android tablet, not really.
I don't mind redundant devices. I have smartphone that I have to carry for work, and it's a Samsung Galaxy S3. My tablet at home is a 10" Asus Transformer. The tablet is almost used exclusively by my kids to watch Netflix and YouTube. The 10" screen size makes it a suitable device for this. With multiple family members, having more devices is ideal. My son can play Angry Birds on my phone, my daughter can watch Netflix on the tablet, and I can grab the chromebook and surf the web. I don't use my phone or my tablet to create Word or Excel documents (heck, I don't even like trying to view these types of files on my phone or tablet), as I have a desktop and a laptop which are far more suitable for me doing any type of actual productivity work. And I do also own a generation 2 kindle. I find this device ideal for reading. I don't want to read on my tablet or my phone or my laptop. The kindle is in my laptop bag, goes everywhere with me, and a single charge lasts me 4-8 weeks. And since it doesn't offer games and other distractions, when I sit down to read, i actually READ. And I'm even thinking of upgrading to a new Kindle paperwhite so that I can read in bed with the built in backlight without disturbing my wife. I'd much rather do this on a kindle than a tablet which requires nearly daily charging and weighs more and is physically larger to hold.
I believe there is an enterprise geared Windows 8 tablet PC that I bet you would consider, I'll see if I can find it as it peaks my interest as you can have ALL sorts of add on peripherals and I think is more user serviceable..

There was this picture I once saw, I can't find it ANYWHERE to save my life, but it's like from the '80s, with a business man surrounded by SO MANY different devices, from boomboxes to walkmans and a brick phone and a TV set and a portable TV and WOW!

I can't do that, honestly, I'm going to be putting an Xbox motherboard into my new PC rebuild as I know I'll only use from time to time and don't want it taking up space... As well as a TV tuner so I can get rid of my old TV and converter box, maybe do some cassette tape ripping... If it weren't for needing AutoCAD and Photoshop, I'd settle for a Surface RT tablet. All I need in this life is a Windows Phone, Surface Pro, and my desktop PC (which will have EVERYTHING and do EVERYTHING I need it to).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
yikes. a chromebook... lol...
Yep, of all of the portable devices that I have used, I like the Chromebook by far the best. For $250, it boots super fast, can be reset to factory in under 1 minute. Doesn't have to be backed up. Has HDMI and USB 3.0. Has a web cam. Lasts about 6-8 hours on a charge. Is only 2.5lbs. Has a full size keyboard and a touchpad. And it syncs with all of my Google stuff.

I didn't expect to like it when it was purchased. I'm pleasantly surprised.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
I can't do that, honestly, I'm going to be putting an Xbox motherboard into my new PC rebuild as I know I'll only use from time to time and don't want it taking up space...
I use my Xbox360 quite a lot. It's also the device that I use for HBO Go as well as some media streaming from my server. While it does take space, it's in my entertainment center with my center channel speaker, my amp, my DVR cable box and it's external eSATA drive , my ps3, my cd changer, my kids' WII, my switchbox for my headset, a keyboard which is attached to my 360, etc. So, it's just one more thing on a piece of furniture that is going to be there anyway.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
I can't do that, honestly, I'm going to be putting an Xbox motherboard into my new PC rebuild as I know I'll only use from time to time and don't want it taking up space...
I use my Xbox360 quite a lot. It's also the device that I use for HBO Go as well as some media streaming from my server. While it does take space, it's in my entertainment center with my center channel speaker, my amp, my DVR cable box and it's external eSATA drive , my ps3, my cd changer, my kids' WII, my switchbox for my headset, a keyboard which is attached to my 360, etc. So, it's just one more thing on a piece of furniture that is going to be there anyway.
So many devices with a vampire electrical load....

:eek:

If that were me, I would purge devices. I can't live like that having so many things when I can have a few that consolidates the rest. It's like having an ipod, pocket PC, and a cell phone on your person all the time, when a smartphone can do all that and more.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Well, I'm not going to purge my home theater system. I'm not going to be able to get rid of my DVR/Cable box...I could drop the external eSATA drive, but that would reduce my current storage space by about 80%.

My 3 game consoles are all used. My 360 is what I use to game and for HBO Go. My PS3 is what I use for BluRay's and Netflix. My Wii is the game console that my 5 year old uses. I cannot get HBO Go on the PS3...they don't have a client for the PS3. And obviously since the PS3 is my Blu Ray player, it's part of my home theater system which I am not going to get rid of.

I could probably take out my cd changer as I rarely listen to CD's anymore in the living room..but that device is turned off and not on standby...so I don't forsee it sucking vampire power.

Which of my devices do you think I could consolidate on or purge? Which are unneeded?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
I would get a Kinect and use it with the 360, get rid of the Wii. Unless if there are some Mario games your little one likes to play. Also, the Kinect is WAY neater to use, especially the Kinect Sports over Wii Fit, that's a workout!

CDs are dead. I honestly had to use one a few days ago to make a Kaspersky Rescue Disk, as the PC didn't do USB boot or something weird. I'd chuck that.

Netflix is also on the 360, so the PS3 ends up being a Blu-ray player that can run games. Unless if you use it often enough to justify it, like if you use it for a few games, I'd consider selling that and buying a stand alone Blu-ray player.

The external drive is needed, that's a keeper for sure.

Honestly, it actually sounds like a 360 with Kinect with a Blu-ray player can work with your theater setup. And, I'd personally get a decent power strip to kill all the power when you don't need it. That sounds like altogether might be suck probably close to 10 watts, I don't know what else you might have going, but that's a guess. That's like running a CFL bulb all the time... that adds up in energy costs over a year, five years....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
I would get a Kinect and use it with the 360, get rid of the Wii. Unless if there are some Mario games your little one likes to play. Also, the Kinect is WAY neater to use, especially the Kinect Sports over Wii Fit, that's a workout!
Oh, if only life were this simple. My son, who is 5, lives for Mario games. He plays Super Mario Bros Wii, Mario Galaxy, Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario Kart Wii. The new Wii U and a 3DS-XL are tops on his Christmas list.

CDs are dead. I honestly had to use one a few days ago to make a Kaspersky Rescue Disk, as the PC didn't do USB boot or something weird. I'd chuck that.
I don't use it often, but I do have a truckload of CD's that I have never gotten around to ripping. And I do listen to them from time to time. So, since it's just sitting on a shelf in my entertainment center and I don't have a burning need for anything else in that space, I'm just leaving it alone.

Netflix is also on the 360, so the PS3 ends up being a Blu-ray player that can run games. Unless if you use it often enough to justify it, like if you use it for a few games, I'd consider selling that and buying a stand alone Blu-ray player.
First, the PS3 is a super fast BluRay player. I upgraded from a standalone player (Panasonic) to my PS3 because it's so much faster to load movies. I do realize that Netflix exists for the 360, but the kids like the simple menu of the PS3 better than the 360...and I do too. The PS3 is the only device that streams movies well from my PS3 media server. They way I rip movies with DVD Fab and Handbrake works flawless on my PS3. It streams Dolby Digital 5.1 to my Home Theater and I can fast forward and can rewind. My 360 will play the files, but I cannot fast forward and rewind the MP4/MPV files. As luck would have it, there are a few games I play on my PS3...but I much prefer the 360 and the 360 controllers for playing games.

Honestly, it actually sounds like a 360 with Kinect
I have no interest in the movement motion games. No reason to get Kinect.

And, I'd personally get a decent power strip to kill all the power when you don't need it.
I've got a fairly nice power line conditioner in place already. However since everything plugs into it, I cannot flip the switch and shut it down. That would turn off my DVR as well as it's external hard drive...which means shows wouldn't record. While I could get a second nice power strip....I might spend more money on that, then I do vampire power over the course of 3-5 years.

Like I said, if life were simpler things would be a lot easier.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
..... get rid of the Wii.

Seriously, removing the WII to a 5 years old ?

When I was five, I was WAY set for life with a cool toy car and a plethora of markers and paper.

Boy, have times changed! Just today, I was in Target and there was this dad with his 10 year old son picking out a dumbphone and he wanted a touchscreen phone. When I was 10, and wanted something outrageous like that, my parents would had lectured me about that and I would had to work for it myself.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
When I was five, I was WAY set for life with a cool toy car and a plethora of markers and paper.
Yeah, times have changed. My kids (7 and 5), don't have phones. However, they use our phones for playing Angry birds and watching YouTube videos. My son uses our tablet to watch YouTube videos of Mario games and has learned lots of ins and outs to completing the games, getting to warp zones, etc. It's absolutely amazing how resourceful kids can be these days. He is in kindergarten and the school uses a website that has math practice exercises and he logs into that website and does math all on his own.

We do limit the amount of time he can play video games. And he goes in spurts where he wants to play a lot and then will go a few weeks and never touch them at all.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
Yeah, times have changed. My kids (7 and 5), don't have phones. However, they use our phones for playing Angry birds and watching YouTube videos. My son uses our tablet to watch YouTube videos of Mario games and has learned lots of ins and outs to completing the games, getting to warp zones, etc. It's absolutely amazing how resourceful kids can be these days. He is in kindergarten and the school uses a website that has math practice exercises and he logs into that website and does math all on his own.

We do limit the amount of time he can play video games. And he goes in spurts where he wants to play a lot and then will go a few weeks and never touch them at all.
This is true, my two year old niece can roughly use her parent's android tablet, but mostly it's just poking around than anything. I was watching her the other day and was going through my Picture Library on my puter to arrange things, and she was sitting with me. She kind of stands up from the chair over to the monitor and wanted to look at the folder titled BEBE! as those are her baby pictures, as was trying to touch the folder. And once I clicked on it, she was tapping on the screen. It was really interesting, because she's use a touch tablet and plays with her parent's smartphones, using a mouse isn't something she knows how to use, just touch.

It kind of dawned on me, by the time my niece is 10, there's a REAL good change the mouse will become like a fax machine or a landline and I'll be telling her all these old technologies like an old fart... :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Back