Microsoft Office 2013 Customer Preview Released

As Microsoft announced that it will be holding a press conference at Noon, PDT the Web was hit by information regarding the Office 2013 Customer Preview.Microsoft’s Office 2013 reaches its public Consumer Preview milestone today, available for end users to test on Windows 7 and Windows 8 PCs. Microsoft is calling its Office 2013 suite, Office 2013 signals a shift to document collaboration and anywhere any device access. Notably, Microsoft is introducing an on-demand subscription version of Office 2013 that can be streamed from any Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC, with the ability to sync settings and documents. With strong competition from Google Apps and Apple’s iCloud storage and iPad hardware, how does Microsoft plan to keep Office 2013 desktop software and its cloud offerings relevant in a multi device era.
Office-2013.png

Download Office 2013 Customer Preview Today

Office 2013 Preview Resource Kit

Deployment guide for Office 2013 Preview

Download Link : Microsoft Office Customer Preview

Office 2013 Serial Key - Get your Serial key here

Full Installers :

x86 :
32 Bit Version of Office Preview
x64 :
64 Bit Version of Office Preview

Last edited:
Jimbo can you not just download the direct file links from the first post?

Honestly I think office 2013 is really crap, but then I think that of Windows 8 which you quite like; so it may be work persevering with the office messing as you might really like it.

May I ask, and ask this in the friendliest way possible, how and why you are an administrator on a Win 8 forum and you think Win 8 is crap?

LOL. Good question. Perhaps it would be more appropriate if he didn't emphasise his dislike so frequently. But, as the pioneer/starter of the site, perhaps it remains his privilege. I am knowledgeable in a couple of fields, unrelated to computers, one of which I dislike intensely. I am still able to convey expert help in that area. I am 100% certain that Z3r010 is in that category.
Could be worst though. I asked a similar question of a senior moderator on another Windows 8 forum, where the guy actually stated that he did not run Windows 8. He had just given some really bad advice which I criticised. I was threatened, by PM, with dismissal for daring to criticise a moderator!!!!!!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Use several different computers during a day, so specs are irrelevant.
And Brink, can one do an upgrade from Office 2010, or uninstall, install and make the necessary changes manually?

And if it compatible with Office 2010 and Office 2003

thanks

Jeff

I ask here again, please Brink help me out here. I know some installed Office 2013 without having problems, but I would like to upgrade, to not reinstall everything again, like user accounts, etc. Also for it must be compatible with Office 2003/2007

Thanks

Jeff

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WINDOWS 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    INTEL CORE I--3770K LGA1155
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Memory
    KINGSTON 2400 MHZ KHX24C11K4 16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    INTEL HD GRAFICS 4000
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Philip BDL3245€ 32 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    2 SAMSUNG 840 PRO RAID 0 ON BOARD 2 x 128 GB
    Keyboard
    LOGITEC MX™ 5500
    Mouse
    LOGITEC MX 5500
    Internet Speed
    120 Mbps
Jimbo can you not just download the direct file links from the first post?

Honestly I think office 2013 is really crap, but then I think that of Windows 8 which you quite like; so it may be work persevering with the office messing as you might really like it.

May I ask, and ask this in the friendliest way possible, how and why you are an administrator on a Win 8 forum and you think Win 8 is crap?

LOL. Good question. Perhaps it would be more appropriate if he didn't emphasise his dislike so frequently. But, as the pioneer/starter of the site, perhaps it remains his privilege. I am knowledgeable in a couple of fields, unrelated to computers, one of which I dislike intensely. I am still able to convey expert help in that area. I am 100% certain that Z3r010 is in that category.
Could be worst though. I asked a similar question of a senior moderator on another Windows 8 forum, where the guy actually stated that he did not run Windows 8. He had just given some really bad advice which I criticised. I was threatened, by PM, with dismissal for daring to criticise a moderator!!!!!!

I started the site back July 23 2009 which was way before we had seen it and I discovered how poor it was for somebody in a high productivity environment using 6 screens, Win8 maybe good for lappys, tablets and single screen desktops but it just isn't the enterprise OS I need.

TBH I dont actually need to like the product, I just maintain the servers, skins, site software and keep the spammers at bay!! I stopped giving out public advice long ago as I'm too busy doing backend stuff for all our sites.

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    me
    CPU
    i9
And Brink, can one do an upgrade from Office 2010, or uninstall, install and make the necessary changes manually?

And if it compatible with Office 2010 and Office 2003

thanks

Jeff

I ashhere again, please Brink help me out here. I know some installed Office 2013 without having problems, but I would like to upgrade, to not reinstall everything again, like user accounts, etc. Also for it must be compatible with Office 2003/2007

Thanks

Jeff

Mine upgraded fine (and also kept the accounts info etc. after I uninstalled it and put 2010 back on)

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    me
    CPU
    i9
z3r010 what was the reason you went back to Office 2010 for? Not trying to be offensive, BUT you barely gave Office 2013 a chance at all.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 pro Retail
I have outlook open on one of my screens at all times to monitor all the mail coming to my personal and site inboxes, I just found the outlook 2013 color scheme far to flat/bland and I needed my glasses on (that I dont wear very often) to be able to tell at a glance if I had unread mail in any of my boxes.

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    me
    CPU
    i9
I just found the outlook 2013 color scheme far to flat/bland and I needed my glasses on (that I dont wear very often) to be able to tell at a glance if I had unread mail in any of my boxes.

Uhhhhhhh Why didn't you do a color change? You can setup your inbox, outbox, sent, etc. to have colors of their own. YOU can even have Outlook flash that there is new mail, as it comes in.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 pro Retail
I wasn't just the color, the entire layout was awful flat and bland, as somebody with very active inboxes those desktop notification was on of the first things to go.

You must remember I'm in a production environment and not sat at home messing with a home PC, I'm sure win8 and office 2013 will be great for a lot of home users but it's not fit for a productive environment.

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    me
    CPU
    i9
gratuitous reboots - I previously installed the full 2013 Office on a VHD windows 8 and it asked not to reboot at all. and all works fine - it was the different way I installed it,since I am tight on space - i asked it to only install on first run instead of all from my computer.It's not loading any new hardware - just software why should it need to reboot or reload the registry?

I dunno, fafhrd. I'm not that technically advanced. But at least I didn't get a BSOD. :p

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Intel Pentium D Dual Core
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 - PCI Express x16
    Sound Card
    Integrated RealTek ALC888 high-definition audio with 7.1 channel audio support
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    350 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Desktop 7.2" (183mm) W x 17.5" (445mm) L x 14.5"
    Cooling
    Dual case fans + CPU fan
    Keyboard
    Acer Windows PS/2
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft Arc
    Internet Speed
    54mbp/s
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Other Info
    Office Pro 2013 / Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone 8.1DP GDR1
I wasn't just the color, the entire layout was awful flat and bland, as somebody with very active inboxes those desktop notification was on of the first things to go.

You must remember I'm in a production environment and not sat at home messing with a home PC, I'm sure win8 and office 2013 will be great for a lot of home users but it's not fit for a productive environment.

I have outlook open on one of my screens at all times to monitor all the mail coming to my personal and site inboxes, I just found the outlook 2013 color scheme far to flat/bland and I needed my glasses on (that I dont wear very often) to be able to tell at a glance if I had unread mail in any of my boxes.

Glasses?! If I lQQked at this most of the day I'd go blind at my age.

View attachment 7371

Did you get that 6th monitor installed?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Dual case fans + CPU fan
    Keyboard
    Acer Windows PS/2
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft Arc
    Internet Speed
    54mbp/s
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Other Info
thanks ZR3010, will give this a try in the w-e.

Jeff

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WINDOWS 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    INTEL CORE I--3770K LGA1155
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Memory
    KINGSTON 2400 MHZ KHX24C11K4 16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    INTEL HD GRAFICS 4000
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Philip BDL3245€ 32 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    2 SAMSUNG 840 PRO RAID 0 ON BOARD 2 x 128 GB
    Keyboard
    LOGITEC MX™ 5500
    Mouse
    LOGITEC MX 5500
    Internet Speed
    120 Mbps

Glasses?! If I lQQked at this most of the day I'd go blind at my age.

View attachment 7371

Did you get that 6th monitor installed?

Yes it's the full six now.

attachment.php

Maybe my other screen would be better for you at your age

attachment.php

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    me
    CPU
    i9
Maybe my other screen would be better for you at your age

LOL! Yes! I can see it from my house and I'm across the pond! :p

Also, you need a bigger fish tank. It lQQks unproportional! :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Dual case fans + CPU fan
    Keyboard
    Acer Windows PS/2
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft Arc
    Internet Speed
    54mbp/s
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Other Info

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    ASUS X54C
    CPU
    Intel Core i3-2330M @ 2.2GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUSTek K54C
    Memory
    4GB DDR3 @665MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD 3000 On-board
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Screen Resolution
    1366*788
    Hard Drives
    1*Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD
    Internet Speed
    Not fast enough!!!
    Browser
    Comodo Dragon
    Antivirus
    MSE & Malwarebytes

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    me
    CPU
    i9
Went with the wired version the 4000. I'm still using my ergonomic Microsoft Mouse..gotta love components of today, no more digging the gunk outta your mouse.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 pro Retail
This JUST in: As some people know, when I downloaded what I purported to being the Consumers preview of Office 2013, turns out it is a FULL version of Office 2013. Did as Brink suggested and contacted Microsoft about the issue, and went thru with what they had instructed me, and get this.. Under "about" It says this is a fully Activated and Registered product to ME!! With 5 more installs available. At this point the representative at Microsoft told me I have to remove this copy off of my PC, and use the download link they are emailing me. Yeah, SURE I will do that! Brings to mind also, if this is a finished product, why is Microsoft having us go thru the motions of beta testing it? Just wondering if I hit a server that I shouldn't of been able to hit, and got the product already completed. And YES, this is Office 2013, that's been verified.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 pro Retail
Back