Microsoft may bring back full start menu with 8.2

I'll believe it when I see it.

Microsoft may finally bring back full Start menu with Windows 8.2

"The most important change, as Thurrott hears it, is that Microsoft will finally be bringing back the full Start menu to the Windows 8.2 desktop mode. Unlike the current Start button that Microsoft added to Windows 8.1, the new Start menu will be much more like the one Windows users have known and loved since Windows 95. Thurrott also says that the new version of Windows will allow for Metro apps to run as floating windows on the desktop screen, something that users can only do right now if they’ve installed third-party applications such as ModernMix."

Whats up with the people and Start menu? Why do you want that small cluttered window back? It doesn't make any sense, Windows Start screen is the exact same thing but with a lot more common sense to it.

I guess its psychological because users feel that Start screen is actually an app which covers their working screen so they freak out because they have the feeling they have to leave their window in other to get something done.

MS did one right thing and that is getting rid of the Start Menu but people just cant let it go, they want more of the same ol'
Common sense to Metro???? Sorry but if you are using a tablet or phone then perhaps you are right but on a PC; Metro is to say the least a pain in the butt. If MS actually brings back the start button and gives us a choice of classic menus then I will support them all the way. I want to have a choice. I don't want a smartphone OS being shoved down my throat. Is that too much to ask for?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    compac CQ58
    CPU
    AMD
Please dont bring it back. I dont miss it one bit. I dont see any advantage. I have MyPC pinned to the taskbar and in one click I am where I want to be. When I use a windows 7 machine I am lost.
Old windows: 1. start, 2. all programs, 3. click the program if youre luck, 4. possible click to the folder which contained the exe.
New windows: 1. swipe touchpad right to left or click start, 2. click program if all apps is ticked.
Of course windows 8.1 or pre 8 all can be customized to suit you, but why add more bloating when you could just get over it like an ex.
Have you ever heard of desktop short cuts? Or Task bar? Really now!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    compac CQ58
    CPU
    AMD
[/QUOTE]Have you ever heard of desktop short cuts? Or Task bar? Really now![/QUOTE]

My point exactly.
The old menu is obsolete.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Toshiba L305-s5919
    CPU
    Core2Duo T8100
    Memory
    4G
    Graphics Card(s)
    Weaksauce
    Hard Drives
    Crucial M4 and Mechanical mod in cd bay
    Antivirus
    Defender
Task Bar

I use my "Task Bar" for the "real work" & charms for general "Browsing".

I went back to Win7 on one of my computers, by using another drive that I physically reformatted to get rid of the "Reserved" partition, installed Win7. Spent a few days with it, then put the Win8.1 drive back in!

I guess you can say I was convinced! Good thing I have a number of HDs around!

I have 4 desktops in different states of use, a SONY VAIO lap top & a SURFACE tablet that I always take to the
loo when I do my morning business!

I am retired & have my computers to keep me involved. Just received a MS LifeCam Studio.
This will keep my busy for awhile.

Tully

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 10 Beta
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Assembled
    CPU
    Intel I5
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z&&-V LX
    Memory
    8 GB DDR2 SDRAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel on board
    Sound Card
    INTEL ON MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung TD390 HDMI
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1080
    Hard Drives
    Crucial MX100 512GB SSD
    2TB Storage
    External Seagate "Dashboard" File Backup Drive USB3
    WD "My Cloud" 4TB
    Samsung Super Write Master 24 DVD Writer
    PSU
    Cosair
    Case
    Corsair
    Cooling
    AIR
    Keyboard
    Advent USB Keyboard
    Mouse
    Advent USB
    Internet Speed
    200 MB dwn 30MB up
    Browser
    IE 11 Win 10
    Antivirus
    MS Essentials
    Other Info
    USB2 & USB3
I have the programs I use every day on my taskbar, IE, Outlook, Media Player, and the one or two games I may be playing. Quick easy access. Other frequently used programs and Apps are on my main Start Screen. Everything else is on the All Apps screen. I find the All Apps screen a bit to cluttered to use it as my Main Start Screen. Being able to span the Start Screen across multiple monitors might be interesting. All of my PC's are now running 8 or 8.1.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4N68T-M V2 µATX Motherboard
    Memory
    8GB 4GBx2 Kingston PC10600 DDR3 1333 Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA Geforce GT640 2 Gig DDR3 PCIe
    Sound Card
    VIA VT1708s High Definition Audio 8-channel Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    22" LG E2242 1080p and 2 19" I-INC AG191D
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024 - 1920x1080 - 1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD and 500 GB WD Blue SATA
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Power Up Black ATX Mid-Tower Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless K350 Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Trackball and T650 TouchPad
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    HP DVD1040e Lightscribe - External USB2
Whats up with the people and Start menu? Why do you want that small cluttered window back? It doesn't make any sense, Windows Start screen is the exact same thing but with a lot more common sense to it.

I guess its psychological because users feel that Start screen is actually an app which covers their working screen so they freak out because they have the feeling they have to leave their window in other to get something done.

MS did one right thing and that is getting rid of the Start Menu but people just cant let it go, they want more of the same ol'
Common sense to Metro???? Sorry but if you are using a tablet or phone then perhaps you are right but on a PC; Metro is to say the least a pain in the butt. If MS actually brings back the start button and gives us a choice of classic menus then I will support them all the way. I want to have a choice. I don't want a smartphone OS being shoved down my throat. Is that too much to ask for?

Absolutely right. The dual UIs are really not needed on the desktop. I guess if you have multiple devices (desktop, smartphone, tablet), then it has a certain learning effect. But for those like me who use Android on mobile and Windows on the desktop, the Metro makes no sense.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs

Absolutely right. The dual UIs are really not needed on the desktop. I guess if you have multiple devices (desktop, smartphone, tablet), then it has a certain learning effect. But for those like me who use Android on mobile and Windows on the desktop, the Metro makes no sense.

You know what doesn't make sense to me? An Intel i5 processor on a tablet PC even though you don't have a UI to multitask efficiently.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
Welcome back Cokey! Glad to see you exuberance hasn't waned!

I paid $3 (Aussie) for StartIsBack, which includes StartIsBackPlus for 8.1, and have Metro start screen totally switched off so I never see it. So I don't care whether they bring it back or not ... I want my $3 worth! LOL!

But for the average Joe who wants something that works straight out of the box, 8.1 doesn't cut it ... especially since IE11 doesn't work until the DNS address is manually changed; without even mentioning the Start Menu.

As has been repeated ad nauseum, Smart fone GUI for mobile devices; Classic Start Menu for desktops.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ult Reatil & Win 8 Pro OEM
    Built as DIY
    CPU
    6 core 12 thread & 4 core
    Motherboard
    Inel Extreme & Intel standard
    Memory
    12GB & 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    3 top end SLI linked & onboard
    Sound Card
    In built in graphics card & onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24 & 23 inch Samsung LED backlit
    Screen Resolution
    High def
    Hard Drives
    Corsair Force 128GB SATA3 SSDs in each machine. Plus several external USB3 and eSATA spinner HDs
PLEASE!!!!!
I do hope that they also fix the Bluetooth problems at the same time see "Christina" reply post re bluetooth problems windows 8.1
REF: ASUS r552JV new 12/2013 win 8.0 home premium 64 bit _ bluetooth ok to all devices, android google nexus 7 {ASUS} and win phone, desktop win 7 ultimate, and ASUS win 7 home prem 64 bit K53s
Upgraded to win 8.1 64 bit 23/12/2013 Microsoft strikes again!!! no bluetooth , cannot stay paired, sends go nowhere and rx same not received.
Christina are you using the 8.1 Bluetooth driver that Asus Posted? the Win 8 driver will have problems on 8.1??? Not sure about any MS OS default drivers??

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro MC
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus G75VW / Z97 Pro
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-3610QM / I7-4790K
    Motherboard
    Z97 Pro
    Memory
    16 GB Hyundai HTM315156CFR8C-PB PC3-12800
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M (GF114M)
    Sound Card
    VIA 6.0.10.1600
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 850 Pro 256, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
    Internet Speed
    30 down 3 up
    Browser
    Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    NIS and Malwarebytes

I'll put it this way, in 2012 November I got my wife a hp Envy 20" All in one touch screen Win 8 pro. After a couple of days both of us learning how to work with Win 8 she insisted on me installing a Start button (ClassicShell) I did on her touch screen leave set to boot normally to lock screen/Metro. After more that a year now she automatically goes straight to the desktop. she is a very low tech user, user Facebook, email etc. So she still deals with the metro apps. Its been a battle over email she really liked the old MS Outlook Express format was learning how to use the Live desktop program, hates Outlook and Web Mail.

So I have to agree that Metro interface and Apps or not useful on a WS or NB, and actually hinder productivity.
Were both using Android smart phones and have no plans to change that at all.

My NB win 7 HP, stayed that way until 8.1 was released. I have clean installed to 8.1 pro to my Admin User account, using Classic Shell, and gpedits to boot directly to log in\desktop Disabled all hot corners. Changed all programs to open in my default desktop Programs. Looks and feels just like my win 7 only on 8.1 steroids. Still working on getting rid of all the Metro stuff completely. I still have the Gadgets that I like to use. Might consider Desktop apps when one comes along that I want to use. actual hoping that the gadgets I use actually get re written as Desktop apps

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro MC
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus G75VW / Z97 Pro
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-3610QM / I7-4790K
    Motherboard
    Z97 Pro
    Memory
    16 GB Hyundai HTM315156CFR8C-PB PC3-12800
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M (GF114M)
    Sound Card
    VIA 6.0.10.1600
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 850 Pro 256, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
    Internet Speed
    30 down 3 up
    Browser
    Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    NIS and Malwarebytes
Well I have Windows 8.1 currently. And I think the Start Button is handy. If you guys don't know you can right click it to access more instead of searching. That's another thing, the searching isn't as good as it was. I hate going into my C: Drive to pick the programs I want to run :rolleyes:. 3rd, why should we have to install "third-party theme patchers" to be able to customize our PC? Why can't they just integrate it by default? And the deal with POP3, why not add it to the Mail tile program instead of just having it right there instead of downloading things off the internet, making you open to security risks?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Samsung
    CPU
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Motherboard
    Samsung
    Memory
    8GB/RAM (8192 MB)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    1 320GB HDD: TOSHIBA MQ01ABD032
    1 320GB HDD: USB WD 3200AAK External
    PSU
    50 Watts
    Cooling
    Fan-Cooled
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech HID-compilant Unifying Mouse
    Internet Speed
    37.38 Mbps
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
    Other Info
    Green on Black Razer Kraken Pro 7.1 Surround Sound Bass Boost Headset
Last November, I helped someone buy a new Windows 8 laptop with no touch screen.

I could say, they would have been far more lost with that machine if I had not installed Classic Shell in it, particularly in the way you search for files, folder and programs (never mind the search on the Charms bar because they didn't know how to use it). I had to configure it for them.

As I was toying with it (using the laptop's own touchpad that is more difficult for me to control than a mouse), I was annoyed by how the Start Screen keep popping up and because of the fact that the default picture viewer was a Metro app and so is the default music player. One of the laptop's users yesterday sent me a text message, asking how to get rid of "the thing that pops up on the Desktop when you slide your mouse at the corner" (Charms bar and its hot corners).

Just imagine countless non-techy users, getting their new Windows 8 machines, having to deal with those issues that hinder productivity because of this mobile OS on a desktop/laptop. I know several people would agree, why put a mobile UI and apps on a desktop/laptop when you have your phone for that?

MS should bring it back and every new OEM that ships after 8.2 official release should have 8.2.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Developer Preview, Linux Mint 9
    Custom Built
I've turned the edge swipes off on my laptop. I think most people like me, just slide their finger/hand over until they make contact with the touch pad. That causes an edge swipe and if your right handed, brings up the charms bar. If I really do want access to the charms bar I just use the hot corner instead.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4N68T-M V2 µATX Motherboard
    Memory
    8GB 4GBx2 Kingston PC10600 DDR3 1333 Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA Geforce GT640 2 Gig DDR3 PCIe
    Sound Card
    VIA VT1708s High Definition Audio 8-channel Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    22" LG E2242 1080p and 2 19" I-INC AG191D
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024 - 1920x1080 - 1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD and 500 GB WD Blue SATA
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Power Up Black ATX Mid-Tower Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless K350 Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Trackball and T650 TouchPad
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    HP DVD1040e Lightscribe - External USB2
Yea, I bought a laptop with 8 on it last summer... just put classic shell on it the day it arrived and was done with it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 Pro, Desktop Mode
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Me
    CPU
    AMD FX-8150
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
    Memory
    8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (9-9-9-28)
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 6570
    Sound Card
    Creative X-Fi Titanium
    Monitor(s) Displays
    PX2710MW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080@60Hz
    Hard Drives
    1x1TB Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ATA Device Caviar Black -

4 x 2TB Seagate ST32000542A -
    1 x 4TB Seagate External
    Case
    Antec
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14
    Keyboard
    Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
    Internet Speed
    60meg cable
    Browser
    Cyberfox
    Antivirus
    AVG Security Suite
Well I have Windows 8.1 currently. And I think the Start Button is handy. If you guys don't know you can right click it to access more instead of searching. That's another thing, the searching isn't as good as it was. I hate going into my C: Drive to pick the programs I want to run :rolleyes:. 3rd, why should we have to install "third-party theme patchers" to be able to customize our PC? Why can't they just integrate it by default? And the deal with POP3, why not add it to the Mail tile program instead of just having it right there instead of downloading things off the internet, making you open to security risks?

Create Toolbars and you may not press that new start button as often.
  1. Copy one of the lines below
  2. Right click your task bar
  3. Select Toolbars > New
  4. Click on Select Folder button

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

If you want a Toolbar for your most favorite or frequently used programs.
  1. Create a new personal folder in your desktop folder & name it whatever you like
  2. Put shortcuts to your favorite or frequent programs into it
  3. Select Toolbars > New
  4. Navigate to your Desktop & select your personal folder
  5. Click on Select Folder button

Hopefully this may help you. Credit for these go to other members.
(Task bar on left side of screen stacks toolbars and taskbar icons like a filing cabinet. Plus more height and a bottomless look on monitor).

Attachments

• Screenshot (40).png
    Screenshot (40).png
    27.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot (39).png
    Screenshot (39).png
    11.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i7-3770K
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Memory
    16 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" 24"
    Hard Drives
    1 TB WD
    PSU
    550w
[

Create Toolbars and you may not press that new start button as often.

Or, install Classic Shell....and THEN, upin everything and return the taskbar to the XP style, and you have the damn near perfect system. And yes, you are creating the 'quick launch' task bar, complete with 'show desktop' right beside the start button, right where it belongs.

As you can likely tell, I'm from the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" crowd....:cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 Pro, Desktop Mode
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Me
    CPU
    AMD FX-8150
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
    Memory
    8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (9-9-9-28)
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon HD 6570
    Sound Card
    Creative X-Fi Titanium
    Monitor(s) Displays
    PX2710MW
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080@60Hz
    Hard Drives
    1x1TB Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ATA Device Caviar Black -

4 x 2TB Seagate ST32000542A -
    1 x 4TB Seagate External
    Case
    Antec
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-D14
    Keyboard
    Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740
    Internet Speed
    60meg cable
    Browser
    Cyberfox
    Antivirus
    AVG Security Suite
Now my question is partly an observation.

It seems that instead of LEARNING and TEACHING the new UI, everyone by default reverts to classic shell or something similar. You know, once you get a handle of the new part it's actually quite nice. Set up whatever default programs you want and put some start menu classic like File Explorer locations on the Start Screen. You don't need to use the Search Charm to search, you just type.

Microsoft's problem may not be the UI itself that's all of the problem, it's the uptake in people learning it. And when it comes to Windows, learning anything new is next to sin while sleeping with the devil himself. ;)

But yeah, some laptop touchpads SUCK for Windows 8 (looking at you Toshiba). The only touchpad I've recently come across that was amazing were a few ASUS laptops and the samsung 7 series ultrabook. That one has SO many gestures, up to four fingers! There is even on where using to fingers to tap on something opens the right click context menu. It was pretty neat, and very decently sized.
Yet again, people need to learn that....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
As you can likely tell, I'm from the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" crowd....:cool:

I'm from the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" crowd...." myself. That's why I never installed Classic Shell or other 3rd party start button programs.

Personal preferences don't mean "I'm right and you're wrong." or "You're right and I'm wrong."

8 is a good program. I'm in agreement with those who say MS should have given us option of switching between old style & new style.

To get the results they anticipated. I think MS should have made it switchable but default to Desktop mode when installed on a desktop pc. Then start a rumor on the internet about it shouldn't have installed on desktops and about how to switch between Desktop & Metro version by pressing Winkey+?
Everybody would try it, some complaints but nobody really upset with MS because it would be like they're getting one over MS.
Instead of all the complaints, people would have shared more tweaks and discoveries.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i7-3770K
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Memory
    16 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" 24"
    Hard Drives
    1 TB WD
    PSU
    550w

It seems that instead of LEARNING and TEACHING the new UI, everyone by default reverts to classic shell or something similar. You know, once you get a handle of the new part it's actually quite nice. Set up whatever default programs you want and put some start menu classic like File Explorer locations on the Start Screen. You don't need to use the Search Charm to search, you just type.

Microsoft's problem may not be the UI itself that's all of the problem, it's the uptake in people learning it. And when it comes to Windows, learning anything new is next to sin while sleeping with the devil himself. ;)

But yeah, some laptop touchpads SUCK for Windows 8 (looking at you Toshiba). The only touchpad I've recently come across that was amazing were a few ASUS laptops and the samsung 7 series ultrabook. That one has SO many gestures, up to four fingers! There is even on where using to fingers to tap on something opens the right click context menu. It was pretty neat, and very decently sized.
Yet again, people need to learn that....

Your last line says it all.
Majority of people who buy computers don't read the documentation. Especially now that there is no hard copy shipped with it. They don't look on Start screen or navigate to a folder with the manufacturers name on it and look for the PDF telling them to make backup discs before downloading anything and again after windows updates then periodic backups thereafter. They don't read about the available mouse gestures.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i7-3770K
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Memory
    16 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" 24"
    Hard Drives
    1 TB WD
    PSU
    550w

Well, your observation pre-supposes that people are not smart enough to know the difference between something that is good and decent, and something that is a festering spaghetti, in their opinion, of course. You simply have to stop blaming the customers for not wanting this turkey. If it was truly a better system, everybody would have flocked to it, even if it was completely different.

The simple fact is, metro was not rejected because it was different... it was rejected because it was lousy... at least in the opinion of very very many customers, or, more precisely would be customers.

And please try to understand, no amount of spin or double speak will change that.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 Pro, Desktop Mode
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Me
    CPU
    AMD FX-8150
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H