How to Change New Mail Notification Sound in Windows 8 and 8.1
This tutorial will show you how to change what sound is played by default when you get a new email in Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, and Windows RT 8.1.
1. Open your Sound settings.
2. Under the "Windows" section, change both the Desktop Mail Notification and New Mail Notification events to have the same .wav file for the sound you want played for them.
3. When finished, click/tap on OK.
- How to Turn Email Notifications On or Off for Mail App in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Have Windows Live Mail Play a Sound When New Messages Arrive
- How to Change the Event Sound Effects in Windows 7 and Windows 8
- How to Create Sound Shortcuts in Windows 7 and Windows 8
- How to Allow or Prevent Changing Sounds in Windows 7 and Windows 8
- How to Turn Windows Store Apps Toast Notifications On or Off in Windows 8
- How to Create a "Mail" App Shortcut in Windows 8 and 8.1
- How to Add an Account to Mail App in Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1
- How to Remove an Account from Mail App in Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1
- How to Change Preferred Email Address for Outlook.com Alias in Windows 8 Mail App
- How to Set how Often and Far Back to Download Email in Windows 8 Mail App
- How to Mark Messages as Junk or Not Junk in Mail App for Windows 8.1