How to Create a "Lock Screen" PC Settings Shortcut in Windows 8.1
This tutorial will show how to create or download a "Lock Screen" settings shortcut that opens directly into PC settings in Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1.
EXAMPLE: Lock Screen settings in PC settings
OPTION ONETo Download a "Lock Screen" PC Settings Shortcut
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the ZIP file below.
2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.
4. Unblock the extracted shortcut.
5. If you like, you can Pin to Taskbar on desktop, Pin to Start screen, add to Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.
6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.
OPTION TWOTo Manually Create a "Lock Screen" PC Settings Shortcut
1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area of your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and paste the command below into the location area, and click/tap on the Next button. (see screenshot below)
If you are not have a US English Windows 8.1 installed, then you will need to change the en-US folder name in the command below for the folder name with your language instead for this to work.
3. Type Lock Screen PC-settings for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: You can name this shortcut anything you would like though.
4. Right click or swipe down on the new Lock Screen PC-settings shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.
5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)
6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
7. Select either icon highlighted in blue (white icon) or red (black icon) above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
NOTE: You can use any icon that you would like instead though.
8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)
9. If you like, you can Pin to Taskbar on desktop, Pin to Start screen, add to Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.