Lenovo OKR data loss

sverne

I did an OKR (oneKey) recovery in order to repair a BSOD (missing boot sector), and all my files and apps are deleted. Is there a miracle solution to get these back or have they been overwritten forever?
Next time I know to run an ISO disk to try a repair on this cursed machine.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1
You might try this:

Free Download Data Recovery Software of 2018 for File Recovery - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free

I've never used this particular software, but it looks like just what you need.

You may also need this:

Data Recovery Boot Disk to Recover Files after System Crash or Hard Disk Boot-up Problem - EaseUS Data Recovery Bootable Media

Download the free trial, and you can create a bootable Win PE disk; this disk will let you boot the computer, so that you can try to do the data recovery. You may get Win PE included with the data recovery software, but I'm not sure.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 18.2 xfce 64-bit (host OS) / Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit (virtual machine)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 3847
    CPU
    Haswell
    Memory
    12 GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 23"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Two hard drives, 1TB each: One for Linux, one for my data.
    Keyboard
    IBM Model M
    Browser
    Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer
    Antivirus
    Sophos (Linux), Windows Defender (Windows)
    Other Info
    I use Samba to share my data drive with the other computers at my house.
Thanks for the links--I'm currently using EaseUS and while it has recovered a lost partition and many gigabytes of files, not all of them are actually "recovered", but just remnants of them (perhaps this is why the deep scan has recovered 1300G, while the hardrive is only 500G).
At least some photos are showing up, and it will be a tedious process of going through all the individual files to see if they are "pre-viewable" which would mean they are recoverable. I also tried DiskDrill which helped me save an overwritten doc. before, but most files were unrecoverable due to being overwritten; Recuva also had the same results.
As it is not my PC but a colleague's, I will see how important the data is for him, and the next step is to send the HD to a professional who has the right equipment for this job.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1
I think you have done as much as can possibly be done. All that remains is to send the disk to a professional data recovery company, if that is what your colleague wants to do.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 18.2 xfce 64-bit (host OS) / Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit (virtual machine)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 3847
    CPU
    Haswell
    Memory
    12 GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 23"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Two hard drives, 1TB each: One for Linux, one for my data.
    Keyboard
    IBM Model M
    Browser
    Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer
    Antivirus
    Sophos (Linux), Windows Defender (Windows)
    Other Info
    I use Samba to share my data drive with the other computers at my house.
Back