Latest AMD Catalyst Graphics Driver for Windows 8

Confusion

Hey Guys,

Is it me or is there way too much random information being disseminated in this particular thread? You guys are listing driver releases, but making no mention of exactly what GPU series the drivers are for. It might be a good idea to list a couple of known to be compatible systems on which the drivers actually worked. People are talking about driver packages that contain HydraVision as one of it component features.

All this information is very useful to those users who actually know what they need, but not everyone who logs in to this site are computer experts. Give a guy a break and take the time to make your posts simple yet specific.

:thumb: :thumb:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center © 2013 Version: 6.3.9600 Build 9600.16408
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion dv6t – 6100 CTO series Notebook PC LM328AV#ABA
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) I7-2720QM @ 2.20 GHz
    Motherboard
    unknown
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD + Radeon(TM) HD 6490M
    Sound Card
    IDT Beats Audio
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768 (Native)
    Cooling
    HP Cool Sene v.1
    Internet Speed
    Broadband (Cable)
    Browser
    IE 11 & Firefox Nightly28.0a1
    Other Info
    Intel Wireless Display
    Bluetooth 4.0
As a general rule these new updates are for 5XXX and up as anything below that are called legacy drivers and are not updated very often as they are maxed out.

Jim :cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 HP 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64BIT
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS - Home Built
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
    Motherboard
    ASUS M5A99X EVO
    Memory
    Crucial Balistic DDR-3 1866 CL 9 (8 GB)
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI R6850 Cyclone IGD5 PE
    Sound Card
    On Chip
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ASUS VE258Q 25" LED with DVI-HDMI-DisplayPort
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Two WD Cavier Black 2TB Sata 6gbs
    WD My Book Essential 2TB USB 3.0
    PSU
    Seasonic X650 80 Plus GOLD Modular
    Case
    Corsair 400R
    Cooling
    Antec Kuhler H2O 620, Two 120mm and four 140mm
    Keyboard
    AVS Gear Blue LED Backlight
    Mouse
    Logitech Marble Mouse USB, Logitech Precision Game Pad
    Internet Speed
    15MB
    Antivirus
    NIS, Malwarebytes Premium 2
    Other Info
    APC UPS ES 750, Netgear WNR3500L Gigabit & Wireless N Router with SamKnows Test Program,
    Motorola SB6120 Gigabit Cable Modem.
    Brother HL-2170W Laser Printer,
    Epson V300 Scanner
If you look at the links in the 1st post, they lay out just what is compatible. A Guy

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom
    CPU
    INTEL Core i5-750
    Motherboard
    ASUS P7P55D
    Memory
    KINGSTON HyperX Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA GTX750
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG 27MP33HQ 32" IPS LED
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB, 2 x SEAGATE 500GB Barracuda® 7200.12, SATA 3 Gb/s, 7200 RPM, 16MB cache
    PSU
    ANTEC TruePower New TP-550, 80 PLUS®, 550W
    Case
    ANTEC Three Hundred Illusion
    Cooling
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus, 3 x 120mm 1 x 140mm Case
    Internet Speed
    20 + Mbps
    Browser
    Vivaldi
    Antivirus
    Avast
Hey Guys,

Is it me or is there way too much random information being disseminated in this particular thread? You guys are listing driver releases, but making no mention of exactly what GPU series the drivers are for. It might be a good idea to list a couple of known to be compatible systems on which the drivers actually worked. People are talking about driver packages that contain HydraVision as one of it component features.

All this information is very useful to those users who actually know what they need, but not everyone who logs in to this site are computer experts. Give a guy a break and take the time to make your posts simple yet specific.

HY Homes

I posted in the other thread that I installed the first one of these 13.11.9.4 on my HP dv7t-6c00 with the 7690m xt Radeon, one of them OEM non supported cards. It installed fine, I even updated the Intel driver (3347) which also said to use the "manufacturer" it also installed OK. Btw: I didn't un-install the old HP driver SP59850 either, I think that's the key to making these work.

I just now installed this 13.11.9.5 over the existing one (no un-install) and its running OK. I will say that I had one glitch right after this one was done (I guess) installing cause the screen just went black, and I couldn't tell what the hell it wanted me to do, re boot or what, so I just turned the thing off and re started, well all went OK, its installed and running fine. No BSOD lol When I installed 13.11.9.4 it didn't do that, it gave me the usual screen and to re boot.

So for this HP with this "non supported" 7690m xt its working. Oh btw, device manager now shows it as a 6700 series, gpu-z see's it as the 6770m, which I knew anyway as its just that at the core, more HP BS. All the usual spec's are still the same however.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8.1up1 Pro x64 w/media center
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon 7690M XT (6770m) /Intel 3000
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Hitichi 750g 5400 rpm Laptop
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite
Hey Guys,

HY Homes

I posted in the other thread that I installed the first one of these 13.11.9.4 on my HP dv7t-6c00 with the 7690m xt Radeon, one of them OEM non supported cards. It installed fine, I even updated the Intel driver (3347) which also said to use the "manufacturer" it also installed OK. Btw: I didn't un-install the old HP driver SP59850 either, I think that's the key to making these work.

I just now installed this 13.11.9.5 over the existing one (no un-install) and its running OK. I will say that I had one glitch right after this one was done (I guess) installing cause the screen just went black, and I couldn't tell what the hell it wanted me to do, re boot or what, so I just turned the thing off and re started, well all went OK, its installed and running fine. No BSOD lol When I installed 13.11.9.4 it didn't do that, it gave me the usual screen and to re boot.

So for this HP with this "non supported" 7690m xt its working. Oh btw, device manager now shows it as a 6700 series, gpu-z see's it as the 6770m, which I knew anyway as its just that at the core, more HP BS. All the usual spec's are still the same however.

What's Good Hoody,

Here's the thing.... I have a DV6t - 6xxx 2nd Gen Quad Core I7, ET Notebook PC, w/ AMD/Intel HD 6490M graphics. I've got it working better than I could've hoped by using the older AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta7.

Should I try to upgrade it again or just leave well enough alone. These latest are official releases, right?

No watermarks, No issue with driver signing, etc....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    unknown
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT Beats Audio
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768 (Native)
    Cooling
    HP Cool Sene v.1
    Internet Speed
    Broadband (Cable)
    Browser
    Other Info
    Intel Wireless Display
    Bluetooth 4.0
Hey Guys,

HY Homes

What's Good Hoody,

Here's the thing.... I have a DV6t - 6xxx 2nd Gen Quad Core I7, ET Notebook PC, w/ AMD/Intel HD 6490M graphics. I've got it working better than I could've hoped by using the older AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta7.

Should I try to upgrade it again or just leave well enough alone. These latest are official releases, right?

No watermarks, No issue with driver signing, etc....

Well upgrading is always in the eye of the beholder, I just decided to go ahead and try it myself even though the HP driver worked fine for me too, its just that the drivers were 2011and I wanted something newer to try.

You know the deal, just do a full Image and go for it, if it doesn't work or you don't like what it does, just recover and keep movin, at least you'll satisfy your curiosity. You know that some systems just don't wana play well with non OEM drivers and some as in my case seem to be able to utilize them. Its just a crap shoot with this OEM crap.

There's nothing out of the ordenary after installing this 13.11.9.5 "over" the last one on my system, no watermarks or Issues as far as I can see or tell. everything works as usual. Just that glitch during installing was all.If HP ever comes out with a newer driver I may try that as well again, at least now I know I can install these non OEM drivers too. Just know that I left the HP driver in tact myself, all I did was install, no uninstalling.

HP dv7t-6c00, Quad Core 2670QM AMD 7690m xt (6770m) gpu, Intel 3000 apu.

Drivers are working, . AMD CCC working.

AMD shoot.png
AMD 131195_Intel 3347.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8.1up1 Pro x64 w/media center
    Computer type
    Laptop
    dv7t-6c00 HP
    CPU
    2670QM
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    8g
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon 7690M XT (6770m) /Intel 3000
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop 17.3"/Samsung 26"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 HD
    Hard Drives
    Hitichi 750g 5400 rpm Laptop
    Case
    Brushed Aluminum (steel)
    Keyboard
    external USB
    Mouse
    external USB
    Internet Speed
    DSL
    Browser
    FF, IE, Chrome
    Antivirus
    COMODO Security Suite
13.11.9.4 ???

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone tell me if you're able to use WiDi after installing AMD 13.11 beta 9.4? I've tried several of these drivers and I always get the same result. My Wireless Display stops working. I've been using Intel WiDi version 4.3.3.0. Its the most recent version of the application that works with both Intel® WiDi and Miracast™.

I read an earlier post by Alpha which suggested a possible workaround, which simply was to install an earlier version of the Intel Wireless ProSet and Intel WiDi version 3.0.13.0. But, here's the problem with that, I no long have my old Netgear WiDi PTV 2000 adapter anymore. It worked great with that particular wireless configuration. My new Netgear PTV 3000 isn't even recognized by that version of WiDi.

I need a driver package that contains at least Intel(r) HD Graphics 3000 version 9.17.10.3223 to use my new Netgear PTV 3000 WiDi adapter with both WiDi and Miracast.

Those of you who don't already know, Miracast is new wireless display technology being built into the latest smartphones and tablets hitting the market. It allows you to mirror whatever is on your devices display to TVs, projectors and anything else that has an open HDMI port on it. It was an upgrade for me to go from the old Netgear PTV 2000 to the new Netgear PTV 3000 Adapter. The only problem is... I can't use it while using my pc with its current graphics configuration.

Oh yeah... There is another thing to note. Intel is note recognizing any of the Leshcast drivers as authentic, so it insists that I install authentic Intel drivers from their website to use Intel Wireless display. It says something about device has been modified and is not recognized.

Someone...Anyone... Please, Help!!!
:cry::cry::cry:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    Motherboard
    unknown
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT Beats Audio
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768 (Native)
    Cooling
    HP Cool Sene v.1
    Internet Speed
    Broadband (Cable)
    Browser
    Other Info
    Intel Wireless Display
    Bluetooth 4.0

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Built by Me
    CPU
    FX 8350 @ 4.6
    Motherboard
    Asus M5A97 Evo
    Memory
    2 x 2 GB Kingston HyperX 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X
    Sound Card
    Xonar DGX
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer S232HL
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB
    Seagate 500 GB
    PSU
    Antec Earthwatts 650W
    Case
    Antec Three Hundred
    Cooling
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech G500s
    Internet Speed
    35000/3000
Thank you Richard. First post updated. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K OC'd to 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    64 GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 MHz (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    4TB Samsung 990 PRO PRO M.2,
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    OCZ Series Gold OCZZ1000M 1000W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Premium
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
New BETA 13.30 RC3 AMD video drivers available. See first post for more details. :)

Supported Products:

• AMD A10-7850K Desktop APU with AMD Radeon R7 Series graphics
  • AMD A10-7700K Desktop APU with AMD Radeon R5 Series graphics

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
New AMD 14.1 Beta video driver released. See first post for more details. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
Good lookin' Brink. For those that don't know, this is a major update that includes Mantle:

• AMD's Mantle is a groundbreaking graphics API that promises to transform the world of game development to help bring better, faster games to the PC
  • Performance gain of up to 45%(versus the DirectX version) for Battlefield 4 on the R9 290 Series

• Performance gain of up to 200% (versus the DirectX version) for Star Swarm on the R9 290 Series

• AMD Catalyst 14.1 Beta must be used in conjunction with versions of these applications that support Mantle
    • It is expected that these applications will have future updates to support additional AMD Mantle features

I'm on it right now. Sweet.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Self-built Intel based
    CPU
    Pentium D 925 3.0 GHz socket 775, Presler @ ~ 3.2 GHz
    Motherboard
    Intel DQ965MT
    Memory
    Hyundai 2 GB DDR2 @ 333 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS DirectCU II HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5 Radeon HD 7790 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    Sound Card
    MOTU Traveler firewire interface
    Hard Drives
    1 Seagate Barracuda SATA II system/boot drive 80 GB, 2 Western Digital hdds - 1 is SATA II Caviar Black 1 TB attached to card (assorted media, page, temp), other is SATA I 420 GB (games, media, downloads)
    PSU
    Thermaltake 450W
    Cooling
    stock Gateway cooling, extra large fan in rear of case
    Keyboard
    Alienware/Microsoft Internet kb
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
    Optimum Online, fast for US
    Browser
    Pale Moon
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky integrated into ZoneAlarm+Antivirus
Some quick advice for anyone trying out 14.1 Beta:

Almost always, uninstalling old drivers and software is not necessary but this is a rare case that it is.

I had screen corruption, coming straight from 13.12, which started after a few hours on the new beta driver.

I manually cleaned my system of all AMD files in Program Files, C:\Windows\System32 and the drivers, along with the registry. Then I installed the beta driver again and it is working very well, tested great. I recommend, as long as you uninstall old first, in this case.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Self-built Intel based
    CPU
    Pentium D 925 3.0 GHz socket 775, Presler @ ~ 3.2 GHz
    Motherboard
    Intel DQ965MT
    Memory
    Hyundai 2 GB DDR2 @ 333 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS DirectCU II HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5 Radeon HD 7790 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    Sound Card
    MOTU Traveler firewire interface
    Hard Drives
    1 Seagate Barracuda SATA II system/boot drive 80 GB, 2 Western Digital hdds - 1 is SATA II Caviar Black 1 TB attached to card (assorted media, page, temp), other is SATA I 420 GB (games, media, downloads)
    PSU
    Thermaltake 450W
    Cooling
    stock Gateway cooling, extra large fan in rear of case
    Keyboard
    Alienware/Microsoft Internet kb
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
    Optimum Online, fast for US
    Browser
    Pale Moon
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky integrated into ZoneAlarm+Antivirus
Tried 14.1 beta after uninstalling old drivers and using Driver Fusion to get the rest of the junk up.

Sadly doesn't work that great for me, most games constantly flicker white and I get sporadic FPS dips. Rolled back to 13.12 and all is working again.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
Catalyst 14.2 Beta V1.3 now available,

AMD Catalyst 14.2 Beta Driver for Windows

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst™ 14.2 Beta V1.3 Driver for Windows®

• Thief: Crossfire Profile update and performance improvements for single GPU configurations
    • Mantle: Multi-GPU configurations (up to 4 GPUs) running Battlefield 4 are now supported
    • Frame Pacing for Dual Graphics and non-XDMA configurations above 2560x1600 are now supported with Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4
    • Dual graphics DirectX 9 application issues have been resolved
    • Minecraft: Missing textures have been resolved
    • 3D applications no longer see intermittent hangs or application crashes
    • Resolves corruption issues seen in X-plane

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Built by Me
    CPU
    FX 8350 @ 4.6
    Motherboard
    Asus M5A97 Evo
    Memory
    2 x 2 GB Kingston HyperX 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X
    Sound Card
    Xonar DGX
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer S232HL
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB
    Seagate 500 GB
    PSU
    Antec Earthwatts 650W
    Case
    Antec Three Hundred
    Cooling
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech G500s
    Internet Speed
    35000/3000
Thank you Stormy. First post updated. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Black Shadow
    CPU
    i7-4790K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
    Memory
    8GB Trident X 2400mhz cas9
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus GTX 970 Strix
    Sound Card
    X-FI Extreme Music
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell U2412M
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200
    Hard Drives
    850 Pro 256GB / Vector 150 240GB / Evo 250GB
    PSU
    Seasonic SS-660XP2
    Case
    Fractal Design R4
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-U14S
Thank you. First post updated. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    64-bit Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom self built
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
I had problem booting after installing the new AMD SATA driver, I had to use system restore to boot.
Anybody else got this problem? Can this be solved or is it better just to avoid it and wait for the next?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo E525
    CPU
    AMD A4-3300M @ 2,0GHz
    Memory
    6GB DDR3 1333MHz