Solved Laptop experiencing weird freezes

Sorry for the late update. I think doing the Dism and sfc commands did the trick. My laptop has been working good for two days now. Although since the problem occurs randomly, I'm not so sure if the problem is completely gone. Is there any way where I can be sure that the problem will not arise sooner or later?
About the Dism and sfc, the prompt says that all errors have been fixed.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Sorry for the late update. I think doing the Dism and sfc commands did the trick. My laptop has been working good for two days now. Although since the problem occurs randomly, I'm not so sure if the problem is completely gone. Is there any way where I can be sure that the problem will not arise sooner or later?
That's good news. I thought about going in the sfc/dism direction earlier on but without errors and no real crash and when I saw all the items in the start list, memory bottleneck came to mind first as it seemed to slow down/temp freeze at high demand. I still think it is highly likely that limited memory could be somewhat related or at least a factor. I think I would run the thing as is for a few days and if the problem does not resurface add some of the items back to the start list and see how it performs. If the problem starts back up then I think it will be obvious what the cause is. I guess you could open a whole bunch of web sites and take up as much memory as possible then try to start a game and see if the problem repeats itself. Other than that I can't think of anything you could do to test the system. For routine use I would try to keep the start list to just what is really needed. Keep me informed and when you feel comfortable that things are in good shape mark this thread as solved.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1 64, LT -Windows 10 Home 64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP 500-075 Desktop + HP 15-f018dx Laptop
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2 GHz Quad Core/ LT - i3-4030U 1.9 GHz
    Motherboard
    Foxcon Joshua-H61-uATX
    Memory
    8 GB/ LT - 6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD (DX10.1)
    Sound Card
    Integrated IDT 92HD73E
    Hard Drives
    1T HDD, 16G Sandisk Cache Drive, 2T Seagate 3.0 External
    Keyboard
    Wireless
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
    Other Info
    CyberPower UPS, Macrium Backup, Revo Pro, Malwarebytes Premium
That's good news. I thought about going in the sfc/dism direction earlier on but without errors and no real crash and when I saw all the items in the start list, memory bottleneck came to mind first as it seemed to slow down/temp freeze at high demand. I still think it is highly likely that limited memory could be somewhat related or at least a factor. I think I would run the thing as is for a few days and if the problem does not resurface add some of the items back to the start list and see how it performs. If the problem starts back up then I think it will be obvious what the cause is. I guess you could open a whole bunch of web sites and take up as much memory as possible then try to start a game and see if the problem repeats itself. Other than that I can't think of anything you could do to test the system. For routine use I would try to keep the start list to just what is really needed. Keep me informed and when you feel comfortable that things are in good shape mark this thread as solved.
I will update maybe by tomorrow. For now I'll just follow what you said.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Update: The problem has just resurfaced. I think it's somehow related to my memory usage seeing that my computer is using 94% of all memory.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Maybe---

screenshot_252.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Gateway
    CPU
    AMD K140 Cores 2 Threads 2 Name AMD K140 Package Socket FT1 BGA Technology 40nm
    Motherboard
    Manufacturer Gateway Model SX2110G (P0)
    Memory
    Type DDR3 Size 8192 MBytes DRAM Frequency 532.3 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
    Sound Card
    AMD High Definition Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio USB Audio Device
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Name 1950W on AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x76
    Screen Resolution
    Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x768 pixels
    Hard Drives
    AMD K140
    Cores 2
    Threads 2
    Name AMD K140
    Package Socket FT1 BGA
    Technology 40nm
    Specification AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
    Family F
    Extended Family 14
    Model 2
    Extended Model 2
    Stepping 0
    Revision ON-C0
    Instruction
    Browser
    Opera 24.0
    Antivirus
    Avast Internet Security
Update: The problem has just resurfaced. I think it's somehow related to my memory usage seeing that my computer is using 94% of all memory.
Yes, Memory Diagnostics. Don't know why I didn't think of that. There are a lot of onboard tools here that if you don't use you forget they are there. In case you have not been there before.

Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Memory Diagnostics

I am not a gamer but I do a lot of heavy photo editing with Photoshop but with 8GB of memory I don't think I have ever been above 80%. Run that diagnostic. Maybe defective memory or just not adequate enough for your needs.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Foxcon Joshua-H61-uATX
    Memory
    8 GB/ LT - 6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Integrated IDT 92HD73E
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Wireless
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
    Other Info
I've just finished running WMDT, Windows said that there were no problems.

PS. When the problem resurfaced today, it happened after I opened two youtube tabs.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1

PS. When the problem resurfaced today, it happened after I opened two youtube tabs.
Out of curiosity what Power Plan are you set on in Power Options?

Set to Maximum Performance if it is not there already and see if you can reproduce the problem.

Just trying to think of everything.

Not overheating are you? Is fan running real fast and/or sounds loud? If PC feels real hot underneath you might consider loading this little App. It's not real extensive but it will give you accurate temps and it's just a simple little App. I have this on both my Desktop and Laptop. It's simple and harmless.

Core Temp

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Foxcon Joshua-H61-uATX
    Memory
    8 GB/ LT - 6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Integrated IDT 92HD73E
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Wireless
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
    Other Info

Out of curiosity what Power Plan are you set on in Power Options?

Set to Maximum Performance if it is not there already and see if you can reproduce the problem.

Just trying to think of everything.

Not overheating are you? Is fan running real fast and/or sounds loud? If PC feels real hot underneath you might consider loading this little App. It's not real extensive but it will give you accurate temps and it's just a simple little App. I have this on both my Desktop and Laptop. It's simple and harmless.

Core Temp
I'm already in High Performance mode (I can't find Maximum Performance). Core Temp shows 60 C as of the moment. At what temperatures would be considered bad?
Laptop doesn't really feel hot btw.
Also, right now the problem isn't occuring, since I restarted when I last ran WMDT.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I'm already in High Performance mode (I can't find Maximum Performance). Core Temp shows 60 C as of the moment. At what temperatures would be considered bad?
Laptop doesn't really feel hot btw.
Also, right now the problem isn't occuring, since I restarted when I last ran WMDT.
NA, you don't have a temp problem. On the Core Temp window just above the Core Temps there is a Max Temp which is probably 100C although I can't imagine things getting that hot. Yes, You are in the High Performance Mode. It would be great if this is something you could repeat on demand that would just be lucky.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Foxcon Joshua-H61-uATX
    Memory
    8 GB/ LT - 6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Integrated IDT 92HD73E
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Wireless
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
    Other Info
NA, you don't have a temp problem. On the Core Temp window just above the Core Temps there is a Max Temp which is probably 100C although I can't imagine things getting that hot. Yes, You are in the High Performance Mode. It would be great if this is something you could repeat on demand that would just be lucky.
My max temp is 67C. Also, right before the problem resurfaced, I opened two Youtube tabs.
Seeing that this is somehow related to a problem with my memory, I wonder if me changing my system paging file has something to do with this.
I apologize for not mentioning this before... I also reformatted my laptop because of the same problem. But I didn't change my system paging file size before I reformatted my drive.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
My max temp is 67C. Also, right before the problem resurfaced, I opened two Youtube tabs.
Seeing that this is somehow related to a problem with my memory, I wonder if me changing my system paging file has something to do with this.
I apologize for not mentioning this before... I also reformatted my laptop because of the same problem. But I didn't change my system paging file size before I reformatted my drive.
Not sure what you mean by reformat. Did you reinstall?, Repartition the HDD,?

Did you say the Core Temp window showed 67C for tj.Max? From everything I have read i5's should have a tj. Max of 100C. My desktop i5 has a tj. Max of 105C and my laptop i3 has a tj. Max of 100C. If you are running at 67C I think that is very low end of the red zone but still acceptable.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Foxcon Joshua-H61-uATX
    Memory
    8 GB/ LT - 6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Integrated IDT 92HD73E
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Wireless
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
    Other Info
Not sure what you mean by reformat. Did you reinstall?, Repartition the HDD,?

Did you say the Core Temp window showed 67C for tj.Max? From everything I have read i5's should have a tj. Max of 100C. My desktop i5 has a tj. Max of 105C and my laptop i3 has a tj. Max of 100C. If you are running at 67C I think that is very low end of the red zone but still acceptable.
I apologize for being vague. I clean installed my OS, removing all of my files before (I've backed up the important files). Also the tj. Max is indeed 100C, and my laptop shows that the max temp it was running on is 67C.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
I apologize for being vague. I clean installed my OS, removing all of my files before (I've backed up the important files). Also the tj. Max is indeed 100C, and my laptop shows that the max temp it was running on is 67C.

Did the clean install come from retail media, downloaded ISO? Was it 8 and you upgraded to 8.1 online or was it 8.1 and if so how recent.

Did you say that this problem was there before the install?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Foxcon Joshua-H61-uATX
    Memory
    8 GB/ LT - 6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Integrated IDT 92HD73E
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Wireless
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360
    Other Info
I didn't upgrade from 8 to 8.1. The clean install came from Windows 8.1 itself (No disk/ISO). I just clicked reformat then the laptop did everything else. I think I reformatted about 2 months ago.
Yes, the problem was already here before I reformatted.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Update: I've ran my laptop for hours and the problem didn't seem to arise. It might be because of me exhausting my memory out. For everyone, thanks for being with me, especially gator2013. Have a nice day. Marked solved.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Update: I've ran my laptop for hours and the problem didn't seem to arise. It might be because of me exhausting my memory out. For everyone, thanks for being with me, especially gator2013. Have a nice day. Marked solved.
Glad to help.

I have searched around a little and came across numerous individuals that experienced the same issues that you have described and in almost every case the RAM memory usage was in excess of 90% and mostly in the mid 90's. At this point considering all the troubleshooting you have done, I think maxed out RAM memory is most likely the cause of your issues. If it is possible for you to add memory at a reasonable cost I would surely consider it. I don't have any experience with accessing the internals of a laptop as my current laptop is the first one I have owned. I have always been a desktop user and they are easy to take apart.

Preventing low memory problems - Windows Help

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Foxcon Joshua-H61-uATX
    Memory
    8 GB/ LT - 6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Integrated IDT 92HD73E
    Hard Drives
    Keyboard
    Wireless
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Norton 360