Security Update for Adobe Flash Player: October 13, 2020
Applies to: Windows 10 version 1909 all editions, Windows 10 version 1903 all editions, Windows Server 2019 all editions, Windows 10 version 1809 all editions, Windows Server version 1809, Windows 10 version 1803 all editions, Windows Server version 1803, Windows 10 version 1709 all editions, Windows Server version 1709, Windows 10 version 1703 all editions, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 version 1607 all editions, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows 10 version 2004 all edition
Adobe Flash Player will go out of support on December 31, 2020. For more information, see Adobe Flash end of support on December 31, 2020.
This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player that is installed on any of the Windows operating systems that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see ADV200012.
Known issues in this update
- All security and nonsecurity updates for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8.1, and Windows RT 8.1 require the installation of update KB2919355. We recommend that you install update KB2919355 on your Windows Server 2012 R2-based, Windows 8.1-based, or Windows RT 8.1-based computer so that you receive future updates.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
- If you want to install the Adobe Flash Player update on an earlier version of Windows, try Adobe Flash Player download.
We are currently not aware of any issues in this update.
How to obtain and install the update
Method 1: Windows Update
This update is available through Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
- For Windows RT 8.1, this update is available through Windows Update only.
- For Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10, version 1607, the updates may not be installed automatically. To get this update, follow these steps:
- Select Start, and then type Check for updates.
- Select Check for updates.
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
See also: Latest Version of Adobe Flash Player - Windows 10 Help Forums