Just installed Windows 8 - A+ Microsoft

I don't know bring us some moving 3d effect like the Linux Compiz cube, not a flat and doll start pages like they give us.

Microsoft tends to leave those things to third parties. Even MacOS tends to disable things Spaces by default. It's just too confusing for most people.

There are, of course, third party tools like:

ThinkInBytes | Innovative software for Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista | CubeDesktop NXT, DeskCollage, DeskMotive, DeskPose

Virtual Desktop Software for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 - DeskSpace | Otaku Software

etc..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Auria 27" IPS + 2x Samsung 23"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Corsair m4 256GB, 2 WD 2TB drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
I might be one of the few that feels like windows 8 is like a incomplete project. I mean if I was a teacher and I needed to grade windows 8 as a project I would give it a 65. passing grade just because is workable. reason why I feel like this is because a lot of the features that we had in the pass are not in it. example SELECT ALL in the mail app not there, don't know maybe I have not looked hard enough. the whole new concept is great, operating wise beautifully constructed. I just think we deserve a full product for once not a x-pack. Windows 9 no expansion package that's the goal Microsoft should be setting up for them self's.

I suppose you could get a job with them and show them how to build an OS that will satisfy hundreds of millions of users on all kinds of machines and configurations. Do you realise there are people still complaining because they can't run old DOS games.

There are probably more configurations than people.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP
The problem for me is that MS forgot his Windows roots. Put the Metro thing in a window and it fix all the problem. The live tiles is great, but we have only the option of tiles and full screen. Just imagine if we can open 4 or 6 metro apps in a second monitor and work on office in the first one. That will be so much fun.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8

we have no warranty that MS will let them continue like this, remember what happen in the developer preview with the registry hack to bring the start menu.

where is Blue, we are talking seriously now

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
The problem for me is that MS forgot his Windows roots. Put the Metro thing in a window and it fix all the problem. The live tiles is great, but we have only the option of tiles and full screen. Just imagine if we can open 4 or 6 metro apps in a second monitor and work on office in the first one. That will be so much fun.

I don't think they forgot their roots, they had to build an OS that would adapt to all kinds of machines, otherwise there would have been an even bigger outcry.

My Computer

System One

• OS
I don't think they forgot their roots, they had to build an OS that would adapt to all kinds of machines,

I agree but why not give more option for the desktop ?

I'm not a software engineer but I'd say that in this first iteration they had to keep things simple so that it would run on low power machines.

My Computer

System One

• OS
I might be one of the few that feels like windows 8 is like a incomplete project. I mean if I was a teacher and I needed to grade windows 8 as a project I would give it a 65. passing grade just because is workable. reason why I feel like this is because a lot of the features that we had in the pass are not in it. example SELECT ALL in the mail app not there, don't know maybe I have not looked hard enough. the whole new concept is great, operating wise beautifully constructed. I just think we deserve a full product for once not a x-pack. Windows 9 no expansion package that's the goal Microsoft should be setting up for them self's.

You can still use CTRL-A to select all. I'm not sure if there is any other way or not, so hopefully someone else wil chime in here.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP
With Windows 7 and others before, we can disable some visual effects in the performance option, and make a slower PC more responsive. They have an army of programmers, I can't believe something was not be possible if they really want.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
You can still use CTRL-A to select all. I'm not sure if there is any other way or not, so hopefully someone else wil chime in here.

there is the problem, how I explain this to my dad ? he is 80 years old. Microsoft make us use to menu not shortcut, this bring us back in the DOS time. And I have a question here, how the hell you do it on a Phone or a tablet without keyboard ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
With Windows 7 and others before, we can disable some visual effects in the performance option, and make a slower PC more responsive. They have an army of programmers, I can't believe something was not be possible if they really want.

You could disable a lot of things in Vista to make it run better, the trouble is the average person has no idea on how to do this so they just sit around and complain how slow Vista was.

My Computer

System One

• OS
is not about me getting a job in MS is about they reading what we are telling them what we want to see from them. a incomplete job should not me put on the market just because is new. will they get it right in the next 2 expansion I will think so. but won't you will like to see a fully complete OS from MS? I will love to. now I'm not talking about people being able to run their old games in their pc but it would be lovely that you could do that. and I will not even start on the plug and play conversation of hard wears because that what makes a pc a pc. but I'm talking about features that we used to have that we no longer have. is like a having windows 7 with copy and paste and windows 8 not having it. the way I see it. you keep providing it or you improve it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    CPU
    AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    Memory
    CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB
Bill you not easy on me , lol , I want a solution for the one who still insist to run Windows 8 on their old 1 ghz Celeron and me who have the lasted hardware.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8

thank you, but the point is that we used to have a easier way to it. why not keep it or improve it. the whole concept of windows 8 is for it to be easier.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    Memory
    CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB

You could disable a lot of things in Vista to make it run better, the trouble is the average person has no idea on how to do this so they just sit around and complain how slow Vista was.

help bar is a great thing.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    Memory
    CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB
Bill you not easy on me , lol , I want a solution for the one who still insist to run Windows 8 on their old 1 ghz Celeron and me who have the lasted hardware.

Im pretty sure you can get Windows 8 to run on that, I have it running on an old Netbook.

My Computer

System One

• OS

thank you, but the point is that we used to have a easier way to it. why not keep it or improve it. the whole concept of windows 8 is for it to be easier.

I've always found CTRL-A easier. Back in the day with the wired mouses, you always had to take the mouse ball out and clean the dust/dirt off of the inside, I finally got tired of it and began using keyboard hot keys and haven't looked back. Sort of like CTRL-V, I've always found that much quicker to paste while typing than having to right click and then hit paste.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP
If you were assigned to write a 1 page book report and started running out of room. So you started writing really tiny small to fit everything you need to say on 1 page. If the teacher puts her glasses on and reads it completely, she gives you an A+. Would it be fair of her to give you a C- just because she was too lazy to look around for her glasses? Or a magnifying glass when she couldn't find her glasses.

8 has issues as any other OS does also.
Some of the changes MS made were for speed & stability. To achieve that, it may have been necessary to remove functions.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i7-3770K
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Memory
    16 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" 24"
    Hard Drives
    1 TB WD
    PSU
    550w
So the idea is to recycle old stuff ? Not very good for the economy, of course Green Peace will think differently.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Back