Just installed Windows 8 - A+ Microsoft

Molebo, you have all those problems and are still using it? If I didn't like it that much I would take it off my system.

Again read well this time I'm gone speak slowly, I have 0 problem, I don't hate Windows 8, I simply not fall in love with it . those are suggestion for make amelioration. Peoples ask me to have an intelligent discussion I bring 9 points on the table, can someone reply without take fan-boyish side one it. The OP quote A+ to Windows 8, so I bring the reason why I don't quote it A+

Who is taking a fan-boyish side? Arguing a different perspective is not taking a fan-boyish side. I may have missed it, but what are the reasons you don't quote it A+? My apologies if I overlooked it, but I don't recall seeing it, hence having nothing to argue.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP

now there's 8. a program that may have changed everything; if they included the missing start button

and make Metro apps run in window and give us other option than the charm bar. Believe it or not, many peoples as no idea that you can use " win + c "

How many people know how to use an iPad properly, I'll bet less than 20%. Very few people know that they've got Apps running in the background, how intuitive is it to use four fingers to slide the screen up, or hold an App till it starts to jiggle to uninstall it. How many people would know how to move an App or create a folder.

The charms bar is easier than any of these things, in my opinion Windows 8 is easier than any of the Windows before it, does it need some more work yes, does it need more refinement yes, but then so does IOS.

How many people know how to do a hard reset, even the people that know they've got Apps running in the background don't know that they hog memory.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP
The reason people hear it's no good because the Media hates Microsoft, they'll use any little thing to rubbish Microsoft. What Microsoft needs is a Steve Jobs, a barefoot hippy that hated parting with his money and trashed his friends, yet everyone loved him.

Everybody loves the dead people.
Walt Disney would make a great president because all his stories have a happy ending!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i7-3770K
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Memory
    16 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" 24"
    Hard Drives
    1 TB WD
    PSU
    550w
argument's they are all around this forums those argument, you was not here last week, do you thing I'm gone start over just for you ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Keep going Big Blue... Before you know it you'll make that 100th post before mid-night.

But BB is right.

Windows 8 rocks.

Different but easy to figure out.

Common sense played a big part in that.

I see many posters that don't like common sense.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    System Manufacturer/Model
    My Special Blend
    CPU
    intel
    Motherboard
    intel
    Memory
    Corsair
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia
    Sound Card
    intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell
    Screen Resolution
    1080p
    Hard Drives
    Too many to count.
    Case
    Antec
    Cooling
    Climate Change
    Keyboard
    Small and sleek
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Fast
    Browser
    IE 11
    Antivirus
    ESET
argument's they are all around this forums those argument, you was not here last week, do you thing I'm gone start over just for you ?

Exact reason you can't engage in an intelligent discussion. You say you bring " 9 points on the table", but when someone asks what they are, this is the kind of response you give. Just as BillWindows gives you solid facts backing his XP argument, you sit there in your candy coated world and say it's wrong, without presenting any facts of your own to back your claim.

That said, I'm done replying to you. It's like arguing with my sisters kids. Pointless.

My Computer

System One

• OS
Keep going Big Blue... Before you know it you'll make that 100th post before mid-night.

But BB is right.

Windows 8 rocks.

Different but easy to figure out.

Common sense played a big part in that.

I see many posters that don't like common sense.

Haha at the rate I was going, 100th post wouldn't have been out of the question. I'm going to opt out of arguing with molebo, though. It's like running in circles.

I can see why some people aren't very fond of W8, and that is perfectly fine. As I said earlier, different strokes for different folks. No one is forcing them to use it. However, I do urge everyone to try it for themselves and see how they like it, rather than going off of reviews and what not. Personally, I enjoy the new OS.

W8 isn't hard to figure out. I just noticed there is a tutorial section on this website that supplement these forums very well. Spending a little time reading can go a long way. I've learned a lot on the customization board that I had no clue about.

My Computer

System One

• OS

now there's 8. a program that may have changed everything; if they included the missing start button

and make Metro apps run in window and give us other option than the charm bar. Believe it or not, many peoples as no idea that you can use " win + c "

I was just trolling thru and popped out from under the bridge. I like 8. With 2 weeks experience I'd rate rate it A- to A. Only FREE OS qualifies for A+ rating.

Not having problems learning way around.
Thought I had cure for everyone missing start button. Change icon on File Explorer to windows icon and pin it to taskbar. Nogo!

just my 1½¢ (2¢ adjusted for inflation)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i7-3770K
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Memory
    16 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" 24"
    Hard Drives
    1 TB WD
    PSU
    550w
Or just put your mouse in the left hand (lower) corner and click the blue start screen square that pops up and there you are.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    My Special Blend
    CPU
    intel
    Motherboard
    intel
    Memory
    Corsair
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia
    Sound Card
    intel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell
    Screen Resolution
    1080p
    Hard Drives
    Too many to count.
    Case
    Antec
    Cooling
    Climate Change
    Keyboard
    Small and sleek
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Fast
    Browser
    IE 11
    Antivirus
    ESET
Just as BillWindows gives you solid facts backing his XP argument, .

what points he bring to me, I was there in 2001, so I have a dam good idea what peoples was telling about XP. you want some facts, since we are talking about XP , well I just look fast in my software cabinets, and I found 9 licenses of XP. I have at least 40 of them. No one here around was purchasing XP, they was all pirating it. I have always support Microsoft and pay for my software, I'm probably the biggest Microsoft customer on this forum, I have a full cabinet of Microsoft products. My English is not good I know. But still I own MS product, I like them and I support them. So I think it's not trolling to point few things I dislike.

xp01.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8

I was just trolling thru and popped out from under the bridge. I like 8. With 2 weeks experience I'd rate rate it A- to A. Only FREE OS qualifies for A+ rating.

Not having problems learning way around.
Thought I had cure for everyone missing start button. Change icon on File Explorer to windows icon and pin it to taskbar. Nogo!

just my 1½¢ (2¢ adjusted for inflation)

Exactly right, there's nothing hard about Windows 8, just a bit different, a lot of things are actually easier to find, like the device manager and such.

it also boots faster, closes down faster, runs faster, is MUCH better on old machines, does file transfers faster, easier with Networking and if you want you can just pop in the store and see if there's any Apps you might like.

Whats not to like. But okay it needs a bit more polish, but that will come if everyone gives it a chance. And no I'm not Coke.

My Computer

System One

• OS
On the other hand the start screen is something like the "item menu" in games where you dress up your character with weapons etc.

Yes, it is an item menu! :roflmao:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    HP, Intel HM77 Express Chipset
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD4000 + Nvidia Geforce 630M
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6' built-in + Samsung S22D300 + 17.3' LG Phillips
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 250GB + Hitachi HDD 750GB
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Backlit built-in + big one in USB
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Chromium, Pale Moon, Firefox Developer Edition
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
My English is not good I know.

Don't worry about it!
You learn just by typing here on the forum...:cool:

You probably know the French better. Right?
Do you know something about virtualisation? Then you might still be running all the XP's you got. :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    HP, Intel HM77 Express Chipset
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD4000 + Nvidia Geforce 630M
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6' built-in + Samsung S22D300 + 17.3' LG Phillips
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 250GB + Hitachi HDD 750GB
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Backlit built-in + big one in USB
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Chromium, Pale Moon, Firefox Developer Edition
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
I already seen XP enough, I can't smell it anymore. Actually I will be very happy if MS release a new OS every 4 months. As I said I like Windows 8, but for me it's not even a beta it'S an Alpha, a not well finished product. The Metro thing will be great when they gone really adapt it to the full potential of a desktop. My Intel 6 cores CPU is way more capable than this. Bring me some real stuff to run MS. I don't know bring us some moving 3d effect like the Linux Compiz cube, not a flat and doll start pages like they give us. I deserve better than this after have support them for 30 years. I want to have something that look like in CSI not something that look like a 1982 Atari

cube3D-effects_THUMB.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
does file transfers faster,

this is not the feeling I have. If I look at the benchmark, the difference are so tiny that I can't see how someone can notice it.

Windows 8 vs. Windows 7 Performance > Benchmarks: Excel, File Copy, Gaming - TechSpot

I dual boot Windows 7 and 8 and it was actually one of the first things I noticed with 8, for me at least I seem to get about a 20% increase in Wireless transfers consistently. Even when I transfer to USB HDD, which for me is pretty good as I move a lot of Movie files around. I buy them burn them to a HDD and then transfer to a NAS or other USB HDD.

My Computer

System One

• OS
I already seen XP enough, I can't smell it anymore. Actually I will be very happy if MS release a new OS every 4 months. As I said I like Windows 8, but for me it's not even a beta it'S an Alpha, a not well finished product. The Metro thing will be great when they gone really adapt it to the full potential of a desktop. My Intel 6 cores CPU is way more capable than this. Bring me some real stuff to run MS. I don't know bring us some moving 3d effect like the Linux Compiz cube, not a flat and doll start pages like they give us. I deserve better than this after have support them for 30 years. I want to have something that look like in CSI not something that look like a 1982 Atari

View attachment 13807[/QUOT]

When they made it all glitzy and glamorous, everyone hated it even more than Windows 8, it was called Windows Vista.

My Computer

System One

• OS
Molebo wrote
I want to have something that look like in CSI not something that look like a 1982 Atari
:thumb:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8.1, W7
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP \ Toshiba \ Lenovo \ Dell E7440
    Browser
    FF
what i think about windows 8 and my grade for it.

I might be one of the few that feels like windows 8 is like a incomplete project. I mean if I was a teacher and I needed to grade windows 8 as a project I would give it a 65. passing grade just because is workable. reason why I feel like this is because a lot of the features that we had in the pass are not in it. example SELECT ALL in the mail app not there, don't know maybe I have not looked hard enough. the whole new concept is great, operating wise beautifully constructed. I just think we deserve a full product for once not a x-pack. Windows 9 no expansion package that's the goal Microsoft should be setting up for them self's.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    CPU
    AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    Memory
    CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB
Back