Just installed Windows 8 - A+ Microsoft

Furthermore, you have yet to refute what I said in post #36.

I have nothing to refute I post on what interest me I'm not in crusade like you seems to be.

I really have to get going now.

look you you even get late to go work,....... relax kids, it's only a forum, we are here to have fun, if you start to not go work for this, you have a serious problem

Nothing to refute? You make false statements and put your words in others mouths, and crawl back under your rock when you get called on. On a crusade? Please. If standing by what I say while trying to have a good discussion with others means I'm on a crusade, then I guess I am on a crusade.

Also, look at the time I said i was going to work. I didn't start to miss work, and I can't afford to. I'm fortunate enough to live within 15 minutes of my work and had more than enough time this morning. Not all of us have all day to sit around posting on a forum like your posting history suggest.

What I do dislike is trolls. Please exit my thread. It's obvious you have nothing of substance to contribute here. All you're doing is spouting nonsense and cluttering up the thread with useless posts that I have to cipher out. Example: See post # 41, which is one of many examples.

Go troll another thread.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP
Like someone else said, no one is forcing anybody to use Windows 8. This forum should be more positive.

To be positive the product as to be positive too. Did you here me complain about the start menu ? My main complain is about the fact that Microsoft control the contents of the store and the Metro apps are not that good. This is why I purchase an Android phones, Metro apps are not up to the one of Apple and Android. We don't need quantity we need quality. It take many trial for Amazon to make Kindle work as a metro apps, it was crashing all the time. This an important app for me. For me Windows 8 Metro as nothing more to offer, PDF reader will be way more productive in desktop version. Here a list i get from another forum it resume well what I found is the problem about the Metro Apps , And why any desktop version is better

1. The desktop has multiple windows, Metro has not.

2. Desktop programs can be resized, Metro apps cannot.

3. The desktop has drag and drop between applications, Metro has not. Instead of just selecting the items you want to export and actually move them into the other program, you need to handle with "charms" which comes across far more unintuitive than just dragging and dropping.

4. The desktop has nearly unlimited multi-tasking abilities, Metro has not.

5. Metro apps are far more limited in scope, by design, than desktop programs.

6. Desktop programs have depth and 3D, Metro apps on the other hand seem to be approved by the Flat Earth Society.

7. Desktop programs are usually more colorful and vibrant, the Metro design principle consists of CGA style mono-color.

8. You can open up other programs in the desktop, through the start menu, without disrupting workflow. On the other hand the start screen is something like the "item menu" in games where you dress up your character with weapons etc. Everyone knows that it is quite distracting switching between item menu and game world in games, and Microsoft brought this concept onto its flag ship product! Hooray.

9. Desktop programs can be easily distributed; Metro desktops are locked-in into the store.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Sorry this is false, and totally BS , no one was hated XP, they find reason like, " I' m afraid my software will not run ", "it's may be not stable" But no one was making bad comments on the new interface. Those was reasons to not switch to XP not hate. Everywhere, the majority if peoples hate what MS do with Windows 8

At the time of Windows 3.11 to Windows 95, well they was no forums on Internet, so no one was really talking about it.

Really? Just a random example that doesn't take much searching.. (you must not remember when XP came out)

XP v. 2k - Windows-XP-General-Discussion - Windows-XP

"I hate how XP's menu is, seems that everything is Fisher Price version of Win2k. But, it has the compatibility that I need for the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical."

"I like the familiar and easy use of the windows 98 and 2k, versus the "user friendly" Windows XP. I think the onyl reason Microsoft made WinXP is so that clones such as Dell and Compaq could distrubute a very user friendly version of windows for the computer illeterate. I hate how the Start menu is, and the control panel. But does Windows XP offer any real towering advantages over Win2k? I am leaning towards Win2k because I understand that it also has the 5 button optical mouse compatibility that XP conatins."

Come on, if you're going to claim something is false.. at least try on something that's not easily provably .. er.. um.. false.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Auria 27" IPS + 2x Samsung 23"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Corsair m4 256GB, 2 WD 2TB drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
What I do dislike is trolls. Please exit my thread. It's obvious you have nothing of substance to contribute here. All you're doing is spouting nonsense and cluttering up the thread with useless posts that I have to cipher out.

Go troll another thread.

Naming is not allowed on this forum

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
What I do dislike is trolls. Please exit my thread. It's obvious you have nothing of substance to contribute here. All you're doing is spouting nonsense and cluttering up the thread with useless posts that I have to cipher out.

Go troll another thread.

Naming is not allowed on this forum

Naming? What? All I'm looking for is discussion. You're obviously not here for that otherwise you would engage in the discussion rather than make one insane statement and move on the next.

My Computer

System One

• OS
The reason people hear it's no good because the Media hates Microsoft, they'll use any little thing to rubbish Microsoft. What Microsoft needs is a Steve Jobs, a barefoot hippy that hated parting with his money and trashed his friends, yet everyone loved him.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP
Intel have a paid rep name Christian Wood on Eggxpert forum , I saw him on other forums too. Purolator ( canadian courrier like UPS ) have also a paid rep on Eggxpert, ( Social Media Coordinator , wow they even have a title for that ) On many hardware forums, many companies have rep.

You seem to have no clue what we're talking about. Of course there are paid representatives THAT IDENTIFY THEMSELVES AS SUCH in various forums. We're talking about a claim that Microsoft is anonymously sending representatives to forums.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
warning   Warning
Let's keep this discussion civilised, shall we?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dwarf Dwf/11/2012 r09/2013
    CPU
    Intel Core-i5-3570K 4-core @ 3.4GHz (Ivy Bridge) (OC 4.2GHz)
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M
    Memory
    4 x 4GB DDR3-1600 Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B (16GB)
    Graphics Card(s)
    MSI GeForce GTX770 Gaming OC 2GB
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition on board solution (ALC 898)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ViewSonic VA1912w Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    OCZ Agility 3 120GB SATA III x2 (RAID 0)
    Samsung HD501LJ 500GB SATA II x2
    Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB SATA II
    Iomega 1.5TB Ext USB 2.0
    WD 2.0TB Ext USB 3.0
    PSU
    XFX Pro Series 850W Semi-Modular
    Case
    Gigabyte IF233
    Cooling
    1 x 120mm Front Inlet 1 x 120mm Rear Exhaust
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000 (USB)
    Mouse
    Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000 for Business (USB)
    Internet Speed
    NetGear DG834Gv3 ADSL Modem/Router (Ethernet) ~4.0 Mb/sec (O2)
    Browser
    IE 11
    Antivirus
    Avast! 8.0.1497 MalwareBytes 1.75.0.1300
    Other Info
    Optical Drive: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 SATA Bluray
    Lexmark S305 Printer/Scanner/Copier (USB)
    WEI Score: 8.1/8.1/8.5/8.5/8.25
    Asus Eee PC 1011PX Netbook (Windows 7 x86 Starter)
Molebo, you have all those problems and are still using it? If I didn't like it that much I would take it off my system.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asus K55n DS81
    CPU
    Amd A8 4500M
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon HD
    Hard Drives
    500GB
    Browser
    Inernet Explorer 11 Chrome
Naming? What? All I'm looking for is discussion. You're obviously not here for that otherwise you would engage in the discussion rather than make one insane statement and move on the next.

Will not be fare to say that you want the discussion only go on your side. you don't like peoples as different opinion that your's

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Molebo, you have all those problems and are still using it? If I didn't like it that much I would take it off my system.

Again read well this time I'm gone speak slowly, I have 0 problem, I don't hate Windows 8, I simply not fall in love with it . those are suggestion for make amelioration. Peoples ask me to have an intelligent discussion I bring 9 points on the table, can someone reply without take fan-boyish side one it. The OP quote A+ to Windows 8, so I bring the reason why I don't quote it A+

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
What Microsoft needs is a Steve Jobs,

I agree 110 % with you on this one, Balmer is a clown not up to the job.

I don't know Steve Balmer well enough to say if he's a clown or not, I'd say Steve Jobs was a bigger clown, he just got lucky, but he also made a lot of mistakes, but people seem to forget that.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP
Google Steve Balmer, go in the image section and look at the faces he made.

here a preview, how can I not call him a clown , he like to look like one , he is a very good guy, it's just that Jobs as the way to make disciples. Ad this is not something I support, it's just a fact.

balmer.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Really? Just a random example that doesn't take much searching.. (you must not remember when XP came out)

XP v. 2k - Windows-XP-General-Discussion - Windows-XP

wow I'm impress all you can find is a 8 post tread on this ..... look at this one about Windows 8

Windows 8 - the bad and the ugl

Windows 8 - the bad and the ugly - [H]ard|Forum

There are thousands of such posts out there, and that's not even counting the 99% of which were deleted because they occurred 11 years ago. Forums go down, or are restarted, or what not..

The fact of the matter is, you said "no one hated Windows XP"

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
Oh yea. I remember XP's introduction. Many were trying to hold onto 98. (I've got a die-hard friend still running 98SE)
Nobody wanted to give up their control of their pc. Seems like it was actually 2-3 yrs before people started accepting

then there was Vista. reinforced fears to hold XP tightly

then there was 7. a program the majority agree to accept

now there's 8. a program that may have changed everything; if they included the missing start button

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i7-3770K
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Memory
    16 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" 24"
    Hard Drives
    1 TB WD
    PSU
    550w

now there's 8. a program that may have changed everything; if they included the missing start button

and make Metro apps run in window and give us other option than the charm bar. Believe it or not, many peoples as no idea that you can use " win + c "

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8

Will not be fare to say that you want the discussion only go on your side. you don't like peoples as different opinion that your's

Wrong. I'm all for hearing others opinions. If they want to offer intelligent discussions and arguments, bring them on. You're not doing that. You make a wild claim or statement, others refute it, and you ignore it and proceed to make another out outrageous claim or statement.

My Computer

System One

• OS
Back