Intel Corporation has announced the release of the Intel Xeon W-3175X processor in January 2019. The Intel Xeon W-3175X is a 28-core workstation powerhouse built for select, highly-threaded and computing-intensive applications such as architectural and industrial design and professional content creation. (Credit: Intel Corporation)
What’s New: The Intel® Xeon® W-3175X processor is available today. This unlocked1 28-core workstation powerhouse is built for select, highly-threaded and computing-intensive applications such as architectural and industrial design and professional content creation.
Built for handling heavily threaded applications and tasks, the Intel Xeon W-3175X processor delivers uncompromising single- and all-core world-class performance for the most advanced professional creators and their demanding workloads.
Why It’s Different: With the most cores and threads, CPU PCIe lanes, and memory capacity of any Intel desktop processor, the Intel Xeon W-3175X processor has the features that matter for massive mega-tasking projects such as film editing and 3D rendering. Other key features and capabilities:
- Intel® Mesh Architecture, which delivers low latency and high data bandwidth between CPU cores, cache, memory and I/O while increasing the number of cores per processor
– a critical need for the demanding, highly-threaded workloads of creators and experts.
- Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, a precision toolset that helps experienced overclockers optimize their experience with unlocked1processors.
- Intel® Extreme Memory Profile, which simplifies the overclocking1experience by removing the guesswork of memory overclocking.
- Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) ratio offset and memory controller trim voltage control that allow for optimization of overclocking frequencies regardless of SSE or AVX workloads, and allow maximization of memory overclocking1.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 that delivers frequencies up to 4.3 GHz.
- Up to 68 platform PCIe lanes, 38.5 MB Intel Smart Cache, 6-channel DDR4 memory support with up to 512 GB at 2666 MHz, and ECC and standard RAS support power peripherals and high-speed tools.
- Intel® C621 chipset based systems designed to support the Intel Xeon W-3175X processor allow professional content creators to achieve a new level of performance.
- Asetek* 690LX-PN all-in-one liquid cooler, a custom created solution sold separately by Asetek, helps ensure the processor runs smoothly at both stock settings and while overclocking.
- With the Intel Xeon W-3175 processor, build the “Infiltrator Demo” in Unreal Engine up to 1.52x faster compared with the Intel® Core™ i9-9980XE processor. 2
Intel® Xeon® W-3175X:
- Base Clock Speed (GHz): 3.1
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Maximum Single Core Turbo Frequency (GHz): 4.3
- Cores/Threads: 28/56
- TDP: 255W
- Intel® Smart Cache: 38.5 MB
- Unlocked: Yes
- Platform PCIE Lanes: Up to 68
- Memory Support: Six Channels, DDR4-2666
- Standard RAS Support: Yes
- ECC Support: Yes
- RCP Pricing (USD 1K): $2,999
Source: Intel Xeon W-3175X Processor Available: Powerhouse Built for the Most Demanding Professional Applications | Intel Newsroom
- 64-bit Windows 10
- Computer type
- System Manufacturer/Model Number
- Custom self built
- Intel i7-8700K OC'd to 5 GHz
- ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
- 16 GB (8GBx2) G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 MHz
- Graphics Card(s)
- ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
- Sound Card
- Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
- Monitor(s) Displays
- 3 x 27" Asus VE278Q
- Screen Resolution
- Hard Drives
250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2,
256GB OCZ Vector,
6TB WD Black WD6001FZWX
8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
- OCZ Series Gold OCZZ1000M 1000W
- Thermaltake Core P3
- Corsair Hydro H115i
- Logitech wireless K800
- Logitech MX Master
- Internet Speed
- 1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
- Internet Explorer 11
- Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Premium
- Other Info
Logitech Z625 speaker system,
Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
Linksys EA9500 router,
Arris SB8200 cable modem,
APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
Lumia 1520 phone