Intel Wireless 3945ABG Error Code 12 after Win8.1 update

poila

After the most recent update from Windows Store for Windows 8.1 Pro, my Intel Wireless drivers got busted. I could only connect to the Internet via the Ethernet cable and no matter how hard I try re-installing/uninstalling the drivers for the wireless drivers, I still get the same outcome.

In Device Manger, I checked the listing for Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection.
In the Properties menu, I get this message:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

I went to install software from Intel's website for diagnosing the wireless driver/connection status, so I ran Intel PROSet/WIreless Tools, and after clicking Diagnose > Run Tests for Hardware Test, I get this message:

Wireless Hardware is not bound to transport driver.

My wi-fi switch on the left side of my laptop is already turned on. I switched it off, uninstalled and deleted the driver and restarted the laptop to see if I could reinstall. Upon turning back the switch on after logging into my Windows account, I still get the same outcome: code 12.

I have also searched on Google and the Microsoft forums for similar topics, all point towards uninstalling/deleting the drivers and re-installing. I did those, and none of them worked.

I would appreciate if someone can post a working solution.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
hi,
I have the same problem
I resolved somewhat...please search onthe intel website "wireless_16.1.5_De32.zip" or "wireless_16.1.5_De64.zip"

But the drivers have some issue:

each time I powercicle, even the driver is full installed the support for wpa+tkip disappears, so the adapter will not works on those networks and I need to reinstall it again

waiting an update you may use this solution

kind regards

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1 x86
No Power Management Tab found

Hi, I did all the steps listed in the solution given, but there is no Power Management tab for that specific driver in Device Manager. I guess that I am stumped again?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Back