My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
I have Dell Inspiron N5110.
And i've done all like this:

1. Install Win8
2. Go to Programms -> Enable Net framework 2.0 and 3.0
3. Go to Updates Centre. Make 3rd option in settings (Download and make choose what to install)
4. Dont UPDATE NVIDIA and Intel Graphics Drivers from Update Center
5. Install this Driver
6. Download Nvidia drivers from Dell and install
7. Reboot the pc.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 CP x64
It seems that the driver wont install unless the hash matches and the driver is signed. For now you can boot with f8 and choose "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" to install the driver.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro x64
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-2500k
    Motherboard
    ASRock z77 Extreme 4
    Memory
    Team Elite 8GB (4 x 2GB)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 & Nvidia GT 530
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC892
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital Caviar Black 750 GB SATA III 7200 RPM
    PSU
    Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W
    Case
    NZXT GAMMA Classic Series
    Cooling
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    Keyboard
    i-rocks RF-6570
    Mouse
    i-rocks RF-7550A
    Internet Speed
    17Mbps
Firstly install this: Driver

Then install your descret videocard driver (Nvidia or ATI). Download driver for them from dell sile.

both drivers were installed correctly, but problem is still the same - only external monitor works. I only have Intel HD graphic card in my laptop (without nVidia Optimus).

Same problem here: http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4034-windows-8-dell-n5110-black-screen.html

I have 100% same problem on VOSTRO 3350, Intel HD 3000, no NVidia card also.
Have you managed to fix it?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    DELL
    CPU
    i5
    Motherboard
    -
    Memory
    4g
    Graphics Card(s)
    intell hd 3000

1. Install Win8
3. Go to Updates Centre. Make 3rd option in settings (Download and make choose what to install)
5. Install this Driver
7. Reboot the pc.

Should I Install NVidia driver if I have only HD3000? I Made all steps excluding no.6 … and it is not working.
Same problem: Works with only external monitor, or works with Basic Monitor driver with 1024*768 resolution.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8
    DELL
    CPU
    i5
    Motherboard
    -
    Memory
    4g
    Graphics Card(s)
    intell hd 3000

1. Install Win8
5. Install this Driver
7. Reboot the pc.

Should I Install NVidia driver if I have only HD3000? I Made all steps excluding no.6 … and it is not working.
Same problem: Works with only external monitor, or works with Basic Monitor driver with 1024*768 resolution.
If you have only HD 3000 ofc no. You installed this driver on yours PC? (for Intel) You are sure that you have'not downloaded update for video card from Update Center. If you downloaded you must try to delete it or reinstall windows

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 CP x64

1. Install Win8
5. Install this Driver
7. Reboot the pc.

If you have only HD 3000 ofc no. You installed this driver on yours PC? (for Intel) You are sure that you have'not downloaded update for video card from Update Center. If you downloaded you must try to delete it or reinstall windows

I am sure I didn't update video card drivers because I didn't use Express Settings in installation process, so I turned off automatic updates. I checked and rechecked every possibility 100 times...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8
    DELL
    CPU
    i5
    Motherboard
    -
    Memory
    4g
    Graphics Card(s)
    intell hd 3000

1. Install Win8
5. Install this Driver
7. Reboot the pc.

And Yes, I did every step you wrote. I have Vostro 3350 laptop with Intel i5, HD3000, no aditional video card.. Everything works just fine with W8.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8
    DELL
    CPU
    i5
    Motherboard
    -
    Memory
    4g
    Graphics Card(s)
    intell hd 3000
I`ve tried to install every 1 of 3 drivers for x64 windows 8, but obtained only an error: "The Setup program failed to install one or more device drivers. Setup will exit."
I`m on Win8 consumer Preview. This drivers works for me in every other windows, even windows 8 developer preview, but not here.
// I have Celeron G530 processor with Intel HD Graphics inside of it.
Is it possible to install drivers someway?? Microsoft alternative drivers are horrible.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8 beta
I need some help because windows 8 is amazing but now all I need is the graphics driver to work. Some of my specs are listed below. I have tried altering the driver inf file but it tells me that it is incompatible and it will exit the setup. Hopefully someone has a workaround for me because Intel does not think to much of it.
Thanks in advance
Skytek65

Specs:
Mac mini 2011 model
Sandy bridge i5 processor
Intel HD 3000 graphics card

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Consumer Preview
    Apple Mac Mini 2011 model
    Memory
    2 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD 3000
Does anyone know how to sign Security Catalog Files?
The driver will not install due to the hash's not matching in the security catalog due to the inf editing. And when you rebuild the catalog, you need to sign it again.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro x64
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-2500k
    Motherboard
    ASRock z77 Extreme 4
    Memory
    Team Elite 8GB (4 x 2GB)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC892
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    i-rocks RF-6570
    Mouse
    i-rocks RF-7550A
    Internet Speed
    17Mbps
Im using Intel 4500MHD. it runs great, except when I run minecraft.. It says that I dont have OpenGL. Im pretty sure that is due the builtin driver on w8...
I tried to download the driver for w7 from intel website.
But the installation says that i dont have the minimun requisites (windows 7).

and of course , i tried all compatibilities mode for the driver installation... ¬¬

Anyone have similar problem?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    w8 cp
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel gma 4500mhd
well thx for info , i installed hd graphics 2509 on windows 8 by modifying the inf and as in the first post, then i had to enable safe mode

here is a guide to enable safe mode on windows 8
hXXp://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-enable-windows-8-safe-mode/

once done Before Windows starts loading, press F8 key to enter into Advanced Boot Options menu.
then choose change default and other options
http://cloud.addictivetips.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/safe-mode-enter.png

then click choose other options
http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles/00-00-01-29-43-
metablogapi/8664.Change_2D00_options_2D00_screen_5F00_thumb_5F00_7BDD5930.jpg

from there choose the option which will allow u to get boot options or disable driver signature enforcement. ur pc will reboot and u will /maybe get the old boot options menu

http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx...oot_2D00_Manager_5F00_thumb_5F00_161DC255.jpg

windows will boot, then try to install the driver again, if it fails, go to device manager, display driver, update driver software, browse my computer for driver software, let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, click have disk, browse, and then just like the first post go to the extracted driver folder where u saved the custom inf, which can be found in the graphics folder, and choose igdlh64.inf , after that, if u did everything well, it will give u a message that driver is not signed. proceed anyway, driver will install reboot pc,

that's how i did it, thx for XDleader555
for his post , it was really helpful, hope there is an easier way to do it but right now its the only way unless drivers can be signed, wait until drivers for windows 8 is released

My Computer

System One

• OS
    fardeen
I managed to install the drivers on the consumer preview without going into safe mode using the following steps

First make the modifications to the inf file detailed in the op

1) open an elevated command prompt
2) enable driver test mode using the command bcdedit /set testsigning on
3) download visual studio 11 ultimate beta from Downloads | Microsoft Visual Studio
4) once that is done installing and you have restarted go and open an elevated developer command prompt (dev command prompt was installed with VS11
4) change directory to <extracted driver root>\Graphics
5) run makecert /r /pe /ss PrivateCertStore -n CN=GfxTest.com GfxTest.cer
5) make the cat file with inf2cat /driver:<full path to current directory> /os:8_X64
note that 8_X64 is only for x64 systems if you have a 32bit system you don't need to do any of this
6)sign the cat file like so, signtool sign /v /s PrivateCertStore /n GfxTest.com /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timestamp.dll igdlh.cat
7) add the new Certificate to the trusted root certification authorities store with the command: certmgr.exe /add GfxTest.cer /s /r localMachine root
8) add the certificate to the trusted publishers certificate store with the command: certmgr.exe /add GfxTest.cer /s /r localMachine trustedpublisher

9) uninstall the current driver, hide the update in windows update and reboot

10) install the new driver using the havedisk method

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
I managed to install the drivers on the consumer preview without going into safe mode using the following steps

3) download visual studio 11 ultimate beta from Downloads | Microsoft Visual Studio
4) once that is done installing and you have restarted go and open an elevated developer command prompt (dev command prompt was installed with VS11
5) make the cat file with inf2cat /driver:<full path to current directory> /os:8_X64
note that 8_X64 is only for x64 systems if you have a 32bit system you don't need to do any of this
6)sign the cat file like so, signtool sign /v /s PrivateCertStore /n GfxTest.com /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timestamp.dll igdlh.cat
7) add the new Certificate to the trusted root certification authorities store with the command: certmgr.exe /add GfxTest.cer /s /r localMachine root
8) add the certificate to the trusted publishers certificate store with the command: certmgr.exe /add GfxTest.cer /s /r localMachine trustedpublisher

I cant by pass step 5 !!

see attached picture :(

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 356

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
I'm uploading pre signed drivers now. Just wait a few hours and follow the instructions on the front page.
EDIT: Done Uploading. Check front page for instructions.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro x64
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-2500k
    Motherboard
    ASRock z77 Extreme 4
    Memory
    Team Elite 8GB (4 x 2GB)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC892
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    i-rocks RF-6570
    Mouse
    i-rocks RF-7550A
    Internet Speed
    17Mbps

I cant by pass step 5 !!

see attached picture :(

I have the exact same problem, anyone who knows why?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Dell Inspiron N4110
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430 CPU @ 2.40GHZ
    Memory
    6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
I'm uploading pre signed drivers now. Just wait a few hours and follow the instructions on the front page.
EDIT: Done Uploading. Check front page for instructions.
And drop box has already cut off access

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Dell Inspiron N4110
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430 CPU @ 2.40GHZ
    Memory
    6GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
ok so I tried the first thing posted on here and it fails saying it couldn't install the device driver and then exits setup. getting this fixed fast would be great, any reason why my laptop screen works perfectly fine in save mode and not normal? I know you guys are working hard on this, but help please! would really like to use my laptop as a laptop again.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 release preview
    Dell
    CPU
    Sandy Bridge i5 2.30ghz
    Memory
    8gb
Aw, That sucks. :confused: Shall I upload a mirror to rapidshare?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro x64
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-2500k
    Motherboard
    ASRock z77 Extreme 4
    Memory
    Team Elite 8GB (4 x 2GB)
    Graphics Card(s)