IE11 and HTML5 buffering problems in Youtube

mkv

I have a two media computers with Win81. They work very well in most respects but the HTML5 player in Youtube acts in a funny manner. I can see the buffer loading ok but after it has entered a point it IE seems to clear the buffer completely and starts reloading it. This happens with EVERY HTML5 video and so far ONLY in Youtube.

You can see the problem here:

ie11-youtube | Screencast-O-Matic - Free online screen recorder for instant screen capture video sharing.

I am a web developer, having written my quite a few HTML5 media applications so far but cannot duplicate this behaviour in my own code. It only happens in Youtube and is quite a nuisance with the music (or the video) stopping at regular intervals for a fraction of a second. BBC iPlayer, for instance works just fine everywhere. All other browsers work well in this respect. I just would like to use IE11 because of its low resource use. Any idea?

The computers have 2GB and 3GB of memory but there is an ample amount of free memory. Disabling IE11 extensions makes no difference.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    CPU
    i5-2500K
    Motherboard
    Asrock Z68Pro3-M
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Onboard