IE 10 Ignoring Requires ActiveX Meta Tag on Website

mcmcom

hi,
we have a website that we need to force IE 10 to use desktop version on. It's a legacy site and removing flash from it at this time is not an option. So today based on what i read here: Developer guidance for websites with content for Adobe Flash Player in Windows 8

i put this meta tag into our site:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="requiresActiveX=true" />

However IE 10 Metro version completely ignores this and doesn't even prompt for to use the desktop version of IE.

A Note about my test environment:
I have a MSDN subscription and installed Windows 8 about 3 months ago (before official public release) but the version i installed says "windows 8" and not RC or anything like that. Could it be my version just doesn't have a full IE 10 build? Or is this a known issue? Unfortunately i don't know anyone else running Windows 8 full version that could test this for me.

any info appreciated!

thanks,
MCM

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8
With IE10, at least on the Desktop version, you can disable the Do Not Track feature by clicking on the icon in the address bar. I've had to do this for some web sites in order to have fuller Flash functionality.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Server 2012 Standard w/Hyper-V
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP ProBook 4430s
    CPU
    Intel Core i3-2310M
    Memory
    16GB DDR3
    Hard Drives
    80GB Intel 320 SSD
    500GB Samsung Momentus
thanks for the reply. unfortunately Do not track feature is not on and the real problem is the desktop version of IE 10 never loads. I want the Desktop version to load but this meta tag which is supposed to prompt the user to open it in desktop seems to be ignored.

thanks anyways.
M

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8
If you want Desktop IE to always load, you can set that in the programs tab of your internet settings.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Server 2012 Standard w/Hyper-V
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP ProBook 4430s
    CPU
    Intel Core i3-2310M
    Memory
    16GB DDR3
    Hard Drives
    80GB Intel 320 SSD
    500GB Samsung Momentus
thanks for the reply but again like i said. i am a developer who has a website that needs to load desktop version of IE 10 - not a user who wants to do this. I guess i should post this in a developers forum....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8
Back