I can't remove ENG US Keyboard from language bar

v0id

✩✩✩
I have some weird problem in Windows 8.

For some reason i can't remove ENG US Keyboard from language bar.

pic3wr.jpg

When i click 'Language preferences' i get this window

pic1xk.jpg

As you can see there is no ENG so that i can remove it! When i click on 'bosanski' options i get this:

pic2ixu.jpg

As you can see there is no anywhere English so i can remove it. On Windows 7 i dont have this problem!

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate
Back out to language and then select Advanced settings on the left.
Select change language bar hotkeys and then, in the next window, click the "Language Bar"
There you can choose to hide it..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Use several different computers during a day, so specs are irrelevant.
I know how to hide language bar but if you can read it again what i wrote you will see what is my problem :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate
Yes. I see what you want now. I use two languages, so what I would suggest is you download the Croatian language pack, as suggested. The problem is, I think, that the OS does not see an alternative, without that pack, so persists in keeping the EN showing. After you have installed (it takes a while!) you should be able to remove the EN, or, as in my case, switch to show BO.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
Hi there
I also use two input langugages (ISL and ENG) - With ENG it gave me the option of various keyboards and language options -- I use the UK version -- but there is even an option for AUSTRALIAN English !!! -- any aussies reading this can you explain what the difference in setup / layout is between UK and AUS versions of English (other perhaps if you are using the AUS version anything you buy on line automatically has 15% EXTRA added to the costs !!).

I can't remove the ENGLISH choice even if I wanted to as in my case there is no "Native" ISL version of Windows -- You install English / any Nordic version and then ADD the Interface Language packs on afterwards.

You might find in your case the BASE language (Probably the ENGLISH version of Windows) is not the same as the display language -- you can't remove the base language.

Cheers
jimbo

Attachments

• keub.png
    keub.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 6,541

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
I don't think he wants to remove the language - only remove it from the language bar. I am sure if he tries as I suggested, he should be able to switch (ie. Hide) the EN in the language bar. I do, frequently. But, if you are correct, mabe there is no Croatian either. (But it is being offered to him, in his picture?)
But, out of interest, are you saying there is no language pack for Iceland? That is surprising!
There does seem to be an option to download in the "add language" opt. What is that?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
I don't think he wants to remove the language - only remove it from the language bar. I am sure if he tries as I suggested, he should be able to switch (ie. Hide) the EN in the language bar. I do, frequently. But, if you are correct, mabe there is no Croatian either. (But it is being offered to him, in his picture?)
But, out of interest, are you saying there is no language pack for Iceland? That is surprising!
There does seem to be an option to download in the "add language" opt. What is that?

Hi there
I think you mis-read !!! There's no Base Icelandic version -- you install Windows from the install media in English / Nordic (SWE, DAN, SUO, N) language and then from control panel add a Language -- no problem.

That's what I was trying to explain to the OP -- it might not be possible to remove the base installed language -- you CAN hide the input method (keyboard) or Language switch options though.

Scrshot enc.

Cheers
Jimbo

Attachments

• lang.png
    lang.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 176

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type