• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

HP 8460p Intel HD Graphics 3000, Radeon 6470M not working.

Hello,
I bought a HP Elite 8460p notebook, and it comes with Intel HD Graphics 3000 and a dedicated AMD Radeon HD 6470M.
It came preinstalled with Windows 7. And I quickly removed it and installed Windows 8.1 pro from scratch, I formed that hard drive, but not the recovery drive.
After I installed with 8.1 I noticed that the dedicated graphics card was not installed and the drivers aren't there. I tried Snappy Driver Installer, I tried the driver from HP for it. I've even tried suggested route from hp's forum, AMD Radeon HD 6470m Driver for Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit -"Hp ... - HP Support Forum - 3073197

But I am unable to find those two drivers with those versions anywhere listed on the HP forum where some users state that that technique/solution does work.
I'm not sure what todo, I really don't want to go to Windows 7. As I have purchased Windows 8.1 Professional.
I've ran speccy, and it does not show a second graphics card. I see no options anywhere on this computer for switchable graphics, and I do not see anything in device manager installed or missing.

Can someone please help me out?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, Windows 10 TP 10041
Nothing works, I've tried, and retried and tried and retried over and over and over. I dont get why others can make it work and I can't. I'll try the HP Forum. Thanks for trying to help me out Mark. I appreciate it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, Windows 10 TP 10041

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)