How to reinstate WinMail onto Windows 8/10/11

Hello BridgeHead,

Do you mean the actual import button?? I've never even used that feature I guess and did not think it even worked, actually it does not seem to work so I am not sure what you mean? I've always exclusively used the backup method I pointed out on post 1, and it will duplicate Identically all standard email folder structures Including Newsgroups and ever post that each contains that you had on the source, identically as is. You see in that backup/restore process explains that you Delete the current Windows Mail message store folder, and copy your last working one in its place, doing it this way is foolproof, and I would not do it any other way. ymmv.
I have a Lot of newsgroups in WinMail and to me it is critically important. Also afterwards if necessary, I can add or remove accounts at will, no problem.
I think to import/export a single account, you can use the import/export feature in the Accounts Menu.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 10
:cry: . . :sarc:
Come on Danny! I can't believe you said that?
Go back to post #1 and right under where is says:

Advanced users can skip this Information section if you've read its 'Notes:'
You see a Spoiler button under there right? Click it!

Did you think you were an Advanced user and could skip all of that? :tongue:

I just tried IE, Chrome, and FireFox and I can see it.
I don't think I could have been any more thorough honestly.

Please let me know if your browser can see and open that Spoiler button please?

Yes I can see and open that Spoiler button but I really did not notice it before:p...when I do it again in the coming upgrade I will read through everything first. I will report to you the result in due course. Thanks!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 10 1903/1909
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Spectre, Huawei
BridgeHead, the way you quoted me and left out my quotes of yours in previous posts does not sit well with me, because without my quotes of yours, it's out of context and I'd appreciate it if you edit that post and remove all my quotes.
Actually as I try to read the rest of your posts here, omg, why all these redundant posts with quotes? ..most your posts here seem to be done in a certain self aggrandizing way. I don't care for it and so please don't quote my posts anymore making them one-sided, it annoys me. thank you, and btw if it seems I am upset I am, temporarily, but I do appreciate your implied support.
You see at first I was actually being polite with the way I first worded things with you, but actually right away I wondered (and started to type it but removed it) why on earth would you take an unnecessary complicated 5 hour detour doing trouble shooting when there was nothing to troubleshoot. You just didn't follow directions is all and so admit it! And then coming to a conclusion not even realizing/admitting that's what you were suppose to do in the first place - which is exactly how I present it in the tutorial. One doesn't have to think about anything else, simply copy/paste! done! and so why make it complicated.
I've slightly re-worded post 2 adding 'as is' in a few places to cover all bases

@ billg226, thanks for your question. I already discuss and answer that very question in the backup restore procedures.
Thank you for your kind support with what you said.
I've attached some Option reg's for you = Splash On or Splash Off (edit: I've attached them to Post #1 for better visibility)

@ Danny, just make your backups first! now actually! ..and save them aside, otherwise with each upgrade and rollback (you been lucky thus far) you are risking loosing your WinMail data store. I mean this with the greatest of respect, but from our past conversations and all the things you haphazardly skip over, etc, shows this project maybe is not yet for you.

@ few, I guess a few people didn't read or just don't fully understand the complete ease and full meaning and purpose of my create backup and restore procedures on every level. I've come up with and have been using this backup/restore method ever since Vista in 2006, for moving around to different OS's and/or an exact restore from corruption - it's the quickest but more importantly the most accurate way there is. I am not going to qualify it any further, either you get it or don't. Everyone is welcome to use what they want to do, even if in some cases it's the long way around.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10/Win11 (x86/x64)
    ..all towers built from scratch
    CPU
    i7's
    Other Info
    ..including W98SE/WXP
    No VM's ..all OS's are live
Did you get problem by "import messages" from your previous mail data? I used win mail in Win7 for eight years. Finally I open win mail in win10 but I got problem by import my old messages data as no "file type" shown for selecting and going for the next step.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win10
Did you get problem by "import messages" from your previous mail data? I used win mail in Win7 for eight years. Finally I open win mail in win10 but I got problem by import my old messages data as no "file type" shown for selecting and going for the next step.

En after 8 years I almost forgot how to restore previous email data. Now I recall. Tomorrow I will just copy / replace all my old data into the new store file, although the ‘import’ function is not working.

Long live Windows Mail!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win10
Hello Pinghan and welcome to the Eight Forums

I personally don't use the 'built in' import button, and if you are coming from a 'WinMail to WinMail' setup I very much recommend to use the method outlined on Page 1 in the (spoiler) "Backup/Restore Information"
Read it carefully, and follow steps exactly, and it will duplicate what you have on your current Windows 7 setup, onto your Windows 8/10 setup, exactly and identical!

Extra Note to everyone:
I have not mentioned this in the Tutorial on Page 1 yet and I keep meaning to add the information in, is that when you use the Backup/Restore procedure I outlined, (even though as mentioned in the Bug List you don't have working access to some of the settings in: Tools> Options> Advanced Tab Fixed 5/2018) ...however the good news is when you 'fully' use the Backup/Restore procedure I've outlined, it automatically brings all those settings with it from your previous Vista/Windows7 install; the point is, even though you don't have (working) access to toggle some of them in that Advanced tab now, they will still transfer (and be set) as the same settings you had working on Vista/Windows 7
Hint, on Vista x86/x64 and just Win7 x86, 'all' those Advanced Tab settings are fully working, and even though on x64 Win7/8/10 some of them are not, if you use a registry export of your settings on a previous working x86 and export the appropriate key (given in the tutorial) it gives you what settings you want set and transfers them to x64 working!
When I get a chance I will write something up in the Tutorial about this.

Please, Be Aware of everything in the Bug List link posted on Page 1, and also understand that using WinMail on Windows 10 is not without it's own new share of them too.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    i7's
    Other Info
    ..including W98SE/WXP
as mentioned in the Bug List you don't have working access to some of the settings in: Tools> Options> Advanced Tab
Hint, on Vista x86/x64 and just Win7 x86, 'all' those Advanced Tab settings are fully working, and even though on x64 Win7/8/10 some of them are not
Hi, endeavor! I recently fixed up this issue by patching msoe.dll (as I have reported at ogri.me). You may check out new dll's here: [link's removed as the dll's are already included into endeavor's archives - see the very first message]. Tried these on W7 and W10, it works OK now.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Hi, endeavor! I recently fixed up this issue by patching msoe.dll (as I have reported at ogri.me). You may check out new dll's here: Patched_msoe.rar Tried these on W7 and W10, it works OK now.

Hi Dadreamer, I want to try your new dll but I can not download from your link. Could you please just sent it to me by email meety@163.com?

Thanks & regards,
Pinghan

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win10
Hello Pinghan and welcome to the Eight Forums

I personally don't use the 'built in' import button, and if you are coming from a 'WinMail to WinMail' setup I very much recommend to use the method outlined on Page 1 in the (spoiler) "Backup/Restore Information"
Read it carefully, and follow steps exactly, and it will duplicate what you have on your current Windows 7 setup, onto your Windows 8/10 setup, exactly and identical!

Extra Note to everyone:
I have not mentioned this in the Tutorial on Page 1 yet and I keep meaning to add the information in, is that when you use the Backup/Restore procedure I outlined, even though as mentioned in the Bug List you don't have working access to some of the settings in: Tools> Options> Advanced Tab ...however the good news is when you 'fully' use the Backup/Restore procedure I've outlined, it automatically brings all those settings with it from your previous Vista/Windows7 install; the point is, even though you don't have (working) access to toggle some of them in that Advanced tab now, they will still transfer (and be set) as the same settings you had working on Vista/Windows 7
Hint, on Vista x86/x64 and just Win7 x86, 'all' those Advanced Tab settings are fully working, and even though on x64 Win7/8/10 some of them are not, if you use a registry export of your settings on a previous working x86 and export the appropriate key (given in the tutorial) it gives you what settings you want set and transfers them to x64 working!
When I get a chance I will write something up in the Tutorial about this.

Please, Be Aware of everything in the Bug List link posted on Page 1, and also understand that using WinMail on Windows 10 is not without it's own new share of them too.

Good Luck!
Thank you endeavor.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win10
Hi, endeavor! I recently fixed up this issue by patching msoe.dll
[...]
Tried these on W7 and W10, it works OK now.

Hello dadreamer,

I had not visited the orgi site in a while to keep up with things there, and I hadn't very often looked at the Russian version of it anyway since I only speak English, and it was hard to follow because I had to translate which was a little hard to understand even after translated; but I sort of could get the jist of it.

Okay on Win10 x64 v1709 I just tried your x64 re-worked msoe.dll, and the Advanced tab still does not work right.. it's the same.
(I did not take the time to try your Win10 v1709 x86 one)
In your work and setup, maybe you have something different placed on your setup, than I do on mine..

It's not a big deal for most people since those settings are seldom used, and as mentioned already I had all those settings previously set and registry exported and merged and so am missing nothing, and even though the Advanced tab is missing items the values are still set how I wanted them.

Anyway please do Not answer me about any RCE here in this thread though - Please for any further RCE discussion - send me a PM. I want to keep the thread clear of any back-n-forth RCE discussion so as not to confuse the newcomers or newbies please. Thank you for understanding dadreamer; and btw, welcome to the Eight Forums.

endeavor

Next Days EDIT:
@ dadreamer, I had a chance this morning to try your x86 msoe.dll on an OLDER version of Win10 x86, v1607
...here's some screenshots of Before & After ...and yes it does work.

I also tried it on a current install of Win8 x86, b9600, and it worked too.

...and so good work and nice job with that.

When I get a chance another day I will try your x64 msoe.dll on some Older Win x64 builds...

Again though it does Not work on the newest Win10 x64 v1709, and the Advanced Maintenance tab is still blank.
If it works on your Win10 1709 setup, then you must have something installed differently on your setup than I do mine

Next Days Edit again:
I just tested it today and see that the msoe.dll Breaks my long time working Win7 x86 WinMail setup, where before the Advanced tab was showing, but now with your msoe.dll - LoL ...it's now blank (and so I put it back of course)
Tested some more, same thing happens for Win7 x64

I'll have to test it on every previous version OS that I haven't yet, but will within a week and edit this post again

I've now tested it on every OS, and although it does not work for Win7 x86/64 but they don't need it since the Advanced tab is working fine, and the new msoe.dll causes it to go Blank.

Most importantly though, it does work on Win8x86/x64 Win10x86/x64 (Win10v1709+ needs the extra updated reg)
I'll attach necessary files to Post#1 & 2 respectively within the next day or so)
...but those for the Seven Forums Win7 tutorial who have Win7 x86/64 should not, and stay with it's own tutorial there!

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    i7's
    Other Info
    ..including W98SE/WXP
Hello endeavor,
This is to report to you that I have successfully installed Winmail in my new computer with Windows 10 Home Edition V1709 by following all the instructions you gave me. And as you said, when I run it I can see all the same settings and emails show up just as what I see in the earlier version.
I suggest you add two more steps to your tutorial (it might be necessary to correct or modify some of the wordings to make it more professional):
9. to put the "C:\Users\yourcomputername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail" folder from the most current source to your new install;
10. to merge the latest registry key from the most current source to your new install.
I think this way it will be more clear. Some people may only follow the 8 steps described but did not notice or know how/when to do the above two steps.
Thank you again for your detailed instructions. I believe I can do the same to that older computer now.
Danny

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 10 1903/1909
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Spectre, Huawei
Hello Danny, and I am proud of you for finally getting the job done! ..good work!

As to your suggestions, thank you for your thoughts.
You have to realize that the main tutorial was originally written to reinstate WinMail on a virgin Win8/10 install (for people who are setting up WinMail for the first time) or doing an in-place (on top of) upgrade from one OS to another where it will retain the WM message store but you just have to re-run the tutorial to get the programs basics back in place, and so they would not have these other tasks we mention to do, and is why I put the extra backup/restore process in the spoiler as an after-thought.
I assumed that people will read the entire tutorial and pick-up on the backup/restore process 'if they needed to do it' (and not skip over the beginning notes like you did <wink>)

However, now that you brought it up and I think and ponder about it... ...you know, it may be that the majority of people who use WinMail are not new to it, and so already have it running on Win7, Win8/10 or maybe even still are on Vista, and if not doing an in-place upgrade and want to fresh install a new OS, or if they buy a new computer and want to transfer their previous current WinMail setup over to it 'as is' ... and so because of that re-thinking I will change to add-in some step 8 notes to catch the attention of those people to go back and read the Backup/Restore process to make sure that they didn't miss it like you did. It's a good idea Danny. Thank you Danny for your helpful idea, it's appreciated!

I will think about the wording for it and make the changes shortly, and no-doubt I'll keep re-editing the wording as days go by to make it better.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    i7's
    Other Info
    ..including W98SE/WXP
You are right. I believe those who want to reinstate Winmail are all old users who know and like the advantages of Winmail.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 10 1903/1909
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Spectre, Huawei
I had not visited the orgi site in a while
Actually it's ogri, not orgi :) (but I'm unsure for why it's been called so).
Okay on Win10 x64 v1709 I just tried your x64 re-worked msoe.dll, and the Advanced tab still does not work right.. it's the same.
Well, I've spent a few days playing with 64-bit English Win 10 on brand new virtual machine. On older build (10240) it was working, but when I did the upgrade to the recent build, it stopped working. So, finally I noticed that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Mail key lacks a large number of parameters, which should be there in order to have Advanced Settings and that TreeView window working as it should. I imported required keys and values from my host system to the guest and now the additional settings are visible and fully functional. I send my HKLM registry branch to you through PM, so you may browse and try it before merging with your reg files.
It's not a big deal for most people since those settings are seldom used
2-3 years ago I was in need to set "Empty messages from the 'Deleted Items' folder on exit", but I couldn't do that using GUI, so I had to experiment with various registry keys to get it set. Now when I know what and where I should alter for that, I still feel that it is uncomfortable and not so beautiful as if it was done with GUI (I consider myself an experienced PC user but anyway). Being tired of that I decided to repair this WM part. Now it's a little closer to full Windows integration as it was in Vista back in the days.
Anyway please do Not answer me about any RCE here in this thread though
What is RCE? Reverse engineering? If you want, I won't go into technical details in the future. I kinda doubt there are "newbies" in computer things at all. If the people are here, they know about WM, registry, commands, so they won't be confused by my posts (as true advanced users). ;) I'll be sending PMs about very low-level details (if any).
@ dadreamer, I had a chance this morning to try your x86 msoe.dll on an OLDER version of Win10 x86, v1607
...here's some screenshots of Before & After ...and yes it does work.

I also tried it on a current install of Win8 x86, b9600, and it worked too.

...and so good work and nice job with that.
Glad that it worked for you. I have debugged new msoe library and can conclude that new patch should work on all systems starting from Windows 7. If Microsoft won't modify some internal things in the system files, then it will also work on the next OS'es (11 or whatever).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
I have debugged new msoe library and can conclude that new patch should work on all systems starting from Windows 7

I've edited my Post 410 again adding that even though the msoe.dll change for Advanced Tab works for the Win8 & Win10 x86 versions mentioned I tested so far - I just tested it today and see that it reverts my long time working Win7 x86 WinMail setup, where before the Advanced tab was showing, but now with new msoe.dll ...it went backwards, LoL, and it's now blank (and so I put it back original dll of course)
So, it just may be that only those that have a blank Advanced tab should use the new msoe.dll, i.e., Win8x86/x64 Win10x86/x64

I sent you a PM about some other pertinent details

Okay I tested on the newer Win10 v1709 your msoe.dll along and the new registry entries (not posted yet)
I tested it on x64 today (minus its HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Inetcomm)

Yes! ..in Win10 v1709 x64 the Advanced Tab is also populated now, the Maintenance tab is working, not important but I see even the first open Welcome Message is there too if you are fresh installing which I did for this test. I also see the 'import' button is now populated with the 4 listings as well (before was blank) however I did not test import function and don't use it anyway, besides import will need to physically see another older known client installed, or it's folders of files that it recognizes to be able to import from it - but I have not tested that nor intend to; I prefer the "WinMail to WinMail" backup/restore procedure given in the tutorial. And yes for that one person in this Eight Forums (I think it was yako2k3) who wanted to delete the Microsoft Communities listing, it will now let you and stay gone after a reboot. I personally like it there though, good memories <g>

Nice work dadreamer, good job, really!

"I still feel that it is uncomfortable and not so beautiful as if it was done with GUI"

Yes I agree with you, esthetically it's more pleasing, but at least before we were still able to set it under the hood, but yes no doubt this is much nicer.

I want to sleep on it first to get it right, etc, but within a few days I will post this on the 1709 tutorial somehow. I'll have to decide how I want to do it but also don't want to start over on the file download counts unless absolutely necessary, like I had to do once before. Perhaps I will just introduce it as an Update, so as to give it time for many to test it in everyday use. Also not for this forum but on the Win7 tutorial in the Seven forums I will want to introduce just the x64 msoe.dll - perhaps I will just attached it to the Bug List page as a fix just for those who have a blank Advanced tab which is of course only Win7x64 (I need to hands on test that one too, first)

EDIT: Next Day: The next day to follow though I booted my Win7 x64 to test and was Surprised to see the Advanced tab was Not blank using the msoe.dll I offer in its tutorial - and all settings worked fine ..huh, well years ago a few complained Win7 x64 was blank on the Seven Forums. To test I just placed the new msoe.dll on Win7 x64 and see it breaks like x86 did and reverts it Blank. I think maybe those that had Blank Advanced tabs on Win7 x64 had in Seven forums let updates overwrite their msoe.dll and never put it back to what's offered on it's tutorial, or, have a different OS version build # than I do. Well too many years have gone by now for me to remember, but these Win7 x86/x64 issues work on my setups, are for the Seven Forums thread anyway - but I just posted this edit for an fyi since I had mentioned it.

After testing this new msoe.dll on all older OS's now I've edited my Post 410 again for the last time.

Anyway when I post it I will be sure to give you credit for your work

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    i7's
    Other Info
    ..including W98SE/WXP
I'm now done fully testing it on Win8 x86x64 and Win10 x86/64 OS's and it works well.

I've now attached the necessary Update files for this 'Advanced Tab' bug fix to post #1 & #2 respectively, and made notes for it.

I've also updated the Errata (Bug List) post.

Screenshots of Before & After bug fix for the WinMail top tab of:
Tools> Options> Advanced>

It's Blank with No Settings Showing

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    i7's
    Other Info
    ..including W98SE/WXP
I just tested it today and see that it reverts my long time working Win7 x86 WinMail setup, where before the Advanced tab was showing, but now with new msoe.dll ...it went backwards, LoL, and it's now blank (and so I put it back original dll of course)
So, it just may be that only those that have a blank Advanced tab should use the new msoe.dll, i.e., Win8x86/x64 Win10x86/x64
I personally have not spent much time testing new msoe library on Windows 7, because I'm on Windows 10 now and use W7 on my workplace only. But I tried this new msoe.dll there and it worked fine. There's Professional 64-bit Windows 7 SP1, maybe it matters. Now I try on Enterprise 32-bit Windows 7 SP1 and it doesn't work (I see that no interface in system libraries at all). I'm sure it's possible to figure out, why it behaves differently on various W7 editions. But it seems, such a research is not needed, because the original msoe.dll works fine on both 32- and 64-bit editions of W7. So, it's okay to leave "old" method for W7 users and offer "new" method for W8 and W10 users. By the way, I have another patched variant of msoe and it seems to work on 32-bit W7, but I'm unsure of 64-bit W7 and like this second patch less for some specific reasons. So we have finished here with your current methods.
I also see the 'import' button is now populated with the 4 listings as well (before was blank) however I did not test import function and don't use it anyway, besides import will need to physically see another older known client installed, or it's folders of files that it recognizes to be able to import from it - but I have not tested that nor intend to;
Maybe I will take a look at the Import functions and try to make it work. As I see in my own WM, the Import window appears and does contain 4 options to choose, but when I press Next button, it doesn't work (nothing happens). I will need some time to explore this.

upd:
It was easy! I've got the Next button fixed by importing missing registry keys into HKCR/CLSID branch. Now I'm ready to investigate how the import functionality works for OE6 and WinMail databases. Currently I'm not going to test MS Exchange and MS Outlook options, because it needs additional software to be installed (I suppose, because I'm getting errors when selecting these options).

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
I personally have not spent much time testing new msoe library on Windows 7, because I'm on Windows 10 now and use W7 on my workplace only. But I tried this new msoe.dll there and it worked fine. There's Professional 64-bit Windows 7 SP1, maybe it matters. Now I try on Enterprise 32-bit Windows 7 SP1 and it doesn't work (I see that no interface in system libraries at all). I'm sure it's possible to figure out, why it behaves differently on various W7 editions. But it seems, such a research is not needed, because the original msoe.dll works fine on both 32- and 64-bit editions of W7. So, it's okay to leave "old" method for W7 users and offer "new" method for W8 and W10 users.

I have checked on both my updated Win7x86 And Win7x64 and the Advanced tab works fine without the new msoe.dll, and so it does not need fixing. I tested/put the new msoe.dll in and the Advanced tab goes blank on each, and that's logical I think because since you changed the old to new interface linking around to make it work on the new, it's logical it won't work on the old, so there is nothing to be fixed on Win7 x86/x64 since because it works already as it is.

I know for sure that Win7 x86 Advanced tab was Always working, but if for some unknown as of yet reason to me that someone has a Win7 x64 version with a blank Advanced tab, then as mentioned it may be because they let a Windows Update/ or Upgrade, change out their msoe.dll - MS did it occasionally on updates with that .dll I've seen it happen on numerous KB's, and so all they need to do is go back to the msoe.dll that is offered in the Win7 Tutorial which is v6.0.6002.18197 ...which actually, as you know, is the one I specifically used in all Tutorial packages! All files versions are as shown in this next screenshot

Here's a full info Screenshot of my testing Win7 x64 setup this morning:
click to open full screen

Win7x64AdvancedTab+FileVersions.jpg

Maybe I will take a look at the Import functions and try to make it work. As I see in my own WM, the Import window appears and does contain 4 options to choose, but when I press Next button, it doesn't work (nothing happens). I will need some time to explore this.

I didn't mention it yesterday just so as to keep things simple, but I did test Import yesterday, but I Only tested the Import 'Messages' listing though. I was able to import Messages when I pointed it to a fresh copy of my current Windows Mail store folder and it worked! it copied everything (thousands!) ..But, it put everything and lined it up under an Imported Folder. I don't like it that way and would not want to fuss with fixing it moving all my folders back in their original place, since the "WinMail to WinMail" Backup/Restore procedure given in the Tutorial works Perfectly and in totality! As far as those 3 other import functions I didn't try them yet, it seems that an actual old 2009 email client only will recognize 2009 clients and earlier - so it's not going to recognize any new stuff right... anyway, enough of wasting time with this because for a "WinMail to WinMail" full transfer, the Backup/Restore procedure given in the Tutorial works Perfectly in every way as I detail it all out, in the Tutorial and have used it a hundred times over the years.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    i7's
    Other Info
    ..including W98SE/WXP
if for some unknown as of yet reason to me that someone has a Win7 x64 version with a blank Advanced tab, then as mentioned it may be because they let a Windows Update/ or Upgrade, change out their msoe.dll
Or this user accidentally has got HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Mail key cleared somehow.
I tested/put the new msoe.dll in and the Advanced tab goes blank on each
I will do a screenshot of my system with WM's Advanced tab working (on new msoe.dll, of course) when I get to my work place. I still don't know, how it could be possible to work on mine W7 and to not work on others. Maybe, it's about shell32 internal changes as msoe calls the COM interfaces from that library. Maybe something else. I really don't think it's worth digging this issue.
I did test Import yesterday, but I Only tested the Import 'Messages' listing though. I was able to import Messages when I pointed it to a fresh copy of my current Windows Mail store folder and it worked! it copied everything (thousands!)
It sounds cool! Did you do this on Windows 10? Today I tried to import mails from OE6 (created at XP) and from WM (created at W7) databases. Everything worked fine and exactly as you described. Personally I've never used this Import function, being afraid that it won't work as I need. So, I was importing everything manually by copy-paste'ing my DB to the new location. Didn't have a chance to use your technique, but maybe I'll give it a try. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Back