• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to reinstate WinMail onto Windows 8 or Windows 10

endeavor

VIP Member
VIP Member
Guru
So any fixes for Win 2004 update as Winmail no longer works on this?
Hello g4challenge,

Sure it does work, WinMail works just fine in v2004, just as the tutorial is listed; no changes needed!
click spoiler
Click image to open full screen

Win10_v2004.jpg

Also, you give less than 1 sentence of info, please read Post #3 and before you post give full and proper information.
Read and understand Everything in Post 1 & 2, and then Post #3
If you understand and follow everything correctly, as you can see it Will Work!

Thank you!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10 (x86/x64)
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ..all towers built from scratch
    CPU
    i7's
    Other Info
    ..including W98SE/WXP
    No VM's ..all OS's are live

ziran

Until today, the mai applications I got from this page have always worked, but after the win 10 2004 update, there is something missing and I cannot receive or send mail. I checked everything twice, it seems to be working empty, but it does not receive and send mail

1592946074563.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win mail
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    win 10
    CPU
    i7
    Motherboard
    asus
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    1gb
    Browser
    exploer
    Antivirus
    avast

endeavor

VIP Member
VIP Member
Guru
Until today, the mai applications I got from this page have always worked, but after the win 10 2004 update, there is something missing and I cannot receive or send mail. I checked everything twice, it seems to be working empty, but it does not receive and send mail
Hello ziran and welcome to the Eight Forums,

Everything works just fine if done correctly, you must have skipped over understating parts of the tutorial.
You cannot proceed unless you totally comprehend everything in the procedures.
The answer for you is listed right there in Post #1, find the Spoiler labeled "Important Time Line Notes" and click to open, then go to the Note: 7/2019 listing, and read everything there, even see within the Spoiler labeled:
"Screenshots: Send, or Save, or 0x800C013E error messages"
Here I even give a screenshot in there that shows Exactly what you show, and I explain how and why - Did you not see it?
(fwiw, I've also repeatedly answered this same question many times in other posts already)
Please read Post #3 being sure to understand some things, and then go back and read what I've mentioned above.

Bottom line for you, I hope you created a Backup of the Backup & Restore procedure Before you updated? ..because if you do a full Restore of that - then all your problems are over, and you are back working again instantly.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    i7's
    Other Info
    ..including W98SE/WXP

ziran

The winmail addition, which works perfectly on all win 10 updates so far, seems to work after the win 10 2004 update, but does not receive or send mail. and if there is an incoming mail on the server, it gives an error and does not work. Can the friend who made the additions have a check? does not work with this form Ek Açıklama 2020-06-23 235003.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win mail
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    win 10
    CPU
    i7
    Motherboard
    asus
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    1gb
    Browser
    exploer
    Antivirus
    avast

ziran

Thank you very much, I read your messages and warnings in 1.c and second paragraphs, but I couldn't find the fix link, I uploaded it to the user file as you said, but I was not able to run it. but while reading your article, you suggest another solution, I did it. . I deleted the backup mails that were the old mail domains under the username. I'd be rebuilt. I turned to zero then everything started working, but if I reload old mail, it wouldn't work again. worked with new one. thank you very much for your help and let us use this winmail good evening.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win mail
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    win 10
    CPU
    i7
    Motherboard
    asus
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    1gb
    Browser
    exploer
    Antivirus
    avast

endeavor

VIP Member
VIP Member
Guru
Thank you very much.....
Your Welcome.
I only know how to speak and type English, but you seem to know how to in Two languages it seems and that's very good. However trying to translate this tutorial from English into another language is fraught with inconsistencies, and will not pick up the correct nuances for full proper understanding.

All the answers to fix the problem you posted about, and where to find those answers, and in what spoiler button, is given in my last post to you above. This information must be fully understood or it will happen to you again and again in your next upgrade(s).

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    i7's
    Other Info
    ..including W98SE/WXP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)