• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to reinstate WinMail onto Windows 8 or Windows 10

lastone

By merge do you mean to just open the zip and let install from the copy on my computer? (I have the file stored on a different hard drive so should this be placed on my desktop or something for the merging?) I have done this before but it has been a long time.. and I want to be sure I do it right. My win 10 will be updating to the newest version soon. (I delayed it for a short while)
"10.. ...continued only for Win10, v1709 - v1903 including Server 2019
...you'll now need to extract and copy/paste the contents of these extra x86 (or) x64 file attachments below 'as is' to the System32 folder, and then also merge the '2' attached .reg files (reg is for both x86/x64) ."

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win7

endeavor

VIP Member
VIP Member
Guru
By merge do you mean to just open the zip and let install from the copy on my computer? "
Hello lastone and welcome to the Eight Forums

Merge of course only refers to the attached Registry files, where you right click on them and select Merge (or double click to process a Merge does the same thing) ..which adds the contained information into the registry.

The zip files of course get extracted and then you simply copy/paste their contents of files to their destination

Remember please, these WinMail tutorials are for Advanced Computer Users Only.
Honestly, and respectfully, if one does not understand the basic concept and meaning of merging a reg file, or about a zip file, then these WinMail tutorials should NOT be attempted at all. Thank you.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10 (x86/x64)
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ..all towers built from scratch
    CPU
    i7's
    Other Info
    ..including W98SE/WXP
    No VM's ..all OS's are live

lastone

Thank you for the reply, I had done this before on win10 but that was several months ago, I need my email and the one with win10 just won't work for me. I just forgot how I did it. I do know how to do zip files.
Did I mention I hate win10.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)