• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to fix the ERROR 126 when you open OpenGL programs

AMlikota

The solution is quite simple. In my case (Double ATI radeon HD 5700 + Windows 8 CP), I am download two different drivers from AMD Support & Drivers page: 1. - Catalyst Software Suite 12.2 for Win 7 64 2. - Catalyst Driver 8.93.7 RC10 for win 8 CP. I run first package and use it for uninstall previous version of Catalyst Software. Den instal the same package (12.2). After that, I am just overwrite with secund 8.93.7 drivers, and - voila - everything works just fine.

Apologize for my English!!!I wish/hope you understood me!I am try this couple of time, and works just fine, everytime!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8 CP

thatmanbrian

Spain

I had similar Error 126 problems and found two solutions. One involves using a command window and going to folder \windows\system32 and copy atioglxx.dll to .dll (that's just a dot and dll). Apparently something in the Catalyst software is looking for a file call dot dll instead of atioglxx dot dll so creating a copy with this name sorts it.

My own solution was to download the AMD Catalyst beta 4.2 much like AMikota above. This cured problems with sending a file from Lightroom 4 to Photoshop and also some plugins for Photoshop as well.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8 64bit
    System Manufacturer/Model
    self built
    CPU
    i5-2500K
    Motherboard
    Asus P8Z77
    Memory
    16Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD HD5700
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HPLP2475w, AOC
    Hard Drives
    SATA 3 SSD, SATA 2 5 drives total 6Tb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)