How to do a clean install over a preinstalled W8

kmint

Power User
How to do a clean install over a preinstalled W8?

I purchased a new latop from ASUS which comes with lots of garbage and many partitions.

I first tried to do a reset to get rid of everything but it says that it doesn't find the necessary files, so it is failing.

So I would like to download an .iso of this Windows 8 x64 (basic, not Pro) and do a clean install. I guess it is completely legitimate since I paid for it and I just want the same but clean and without small partitions.

But I need to find the .iso for this Windows and I need to find the licence key.

The rest, I can manage perfectly since I reinstall Windows all the time.

Can somebody help?

Thanks

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asus X501A
    CPU
    Pentium 2020M 2.4GHz Ivy Bridge
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X501A1 (SOCKET 0)
    Memory
    4 GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1366x768 Generic PnP Monitor on Intel HD Graphics
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200BPVT-80JJ5T0 (SATA)
    Mouse
    Always touchpad with Asus' Smart Gestures
    Browser
    7star
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
hi, the license key is stored in the bios ,so you won't need that ,just a iso of win8 to do what you want to do ,not sure where you can find a iso to download ,but why not just uninstall all the crap that comes with the new laptop .also those small partitions are necessary for a well functioning laptop with win8 so don't get rid of those ,one of them is your factory restore,one is windows repair ,,you might need them some day .

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win8.1.1 enterprise
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Hinze57
    CPU
    AMD FX 6100 6core 3.30gHz
    Motherboard
    gigibyte ga-78lmy-s2p
    Memory
    4gig ddr3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radon hd5000 Series
    Sound Card
    onboard realtek hd
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19" viewsonic/ 22"Samsung
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    128gig ssd Kingston
    80gig WD 10000 rpm spinner
    Case
    micro
    Keyboard
    microsoft curve 200
    Mouse
    Logitech wireless M215
    Internet Speed
    high speed 20
    Browser
    ie 11
    Antivirus
    windows defender
    Other Info
    updated enterprise apr 2/14
So I would like to download an .iso of this Windows 8 x64 (basic, not Pro) and do a clean install. I guess it is completely legitimate since I paid for it and I just want the same but clean and without small partitions.
Thanks
Some believe that what you want to do is EULA consistent. I think their arguments are essentially: this practice "should" be legit so I am going to do it regardless. But, nowhere does the OEM preinstalled EULA say that you have the right to do so (and the software (i.e., an ISO) is not available for download from MS without paying, or having paid, the price of retail software plus key). In this regard, it is easy to argue that someone is EULA breaking if doing what you say. The basic argument against what you want to do is that software and product key are inseparable if conveyed to another. And, in the case of an OEM preinstalled, software, product key, and machine are inseparable if conveyed to another.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7 Ult on DIY; Win8 Pro on MBP/Parallels; Win7 Ult on MBP/Boot Camp; Win7 Ult/Win8 Pro on HP
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    DIY Rig; MacBook Pro (MBP)/Parallels/Boot Camp; HP Pavilion dv6500t Laptop
    CPU
    Intel i7-2600K (sometimes OC'd to 4.8 GHz)
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev B3
    Memory
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 570 SC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway
    Hard Drives
    Dual Boot:
    Win7 Ult RAID 0 on OCZ Revo x2 and
    Win7 Ult RAID 0 on Caviar Black SATA 3's
    PSU
    Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W
    Case
    Cooler Master 932 HAF
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B CPU Fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    20 Mbps Download/2+ Mbps Upload
    Other Info
    Pioneer Blu-ray Burner/DVD Burner
I just did what you propose on my new ASUS laptop. I basically had no choice as the factory recovery (Windows 8 reset) wouldn't work on the newly installed SSD drive that replaced the spinner it came with. At that time I didn't have access to TechNet so I downloaded an ISO of off bit torrent and verified the MD5 checksum. My embedded key was auto detected and activation was no problem. Next time around I'll use my TechNet ISO image. Microsoft must have their reasons for not offering up clean ISO images, I don't know what they are though. Good luck getting anything other than recovery media from the manufacturer.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4N68T-M V2 µATX Motherboard
    Memory
    8GB 4GBx2 Kingston PC10600 DDR3 1333 Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA Geforce GT640 2 Gig DDR3 PCIe
    Sound Card
    VIA VT1708s High Definition Audio 8-channel Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    22" LG E2242 1080p and 2 19" I-INC AG191D
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024 - 1920x1080 - 1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD and 500 GB WD Blue SATA
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Power Up Black ATX Mid-Tower Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless K350 Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Trackball and T650 TouchPad
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    HP DVD1040e Lightscribe - External USB2
Microsoft must have their reasons for not offering up clean ISO images, I don't know what they are though.
You would think that the basic MS reason has to do with profitability via (a) higher sales or (b) lower costs. I consider what I say below to be pure speculation, although the thoughts provided seem reasonable. But, I definitely am not arguing that any of my speculations accurately reflect MS's reasoning for not providing clean ISO's.

WRT to (a), perhaps MS believes that its sales revenue will be higher simply because it will sell more product units (i.e., even net of any lost sales because some individuals, like me, won't buy a new Windows 8 machine unless badly wanted/needed as a consequence of the way OEM's apparently are forced to preinstall). Also, the Company may believe that it can charge OEM's higher prices because the OEM's will incur lower support costs given the OEM preinstall procedures. Third, MS may believe that withholding ISO's will decrease piracy-related sales and, thus, increase it own sales.

WRT to (b), maybe MS believes, particularly reasonably, that not providing ISO's will decrease its support costs. And, the Company may believe that not providing them will decrease the costs of its anti-piracy-related activities (whatever they may be).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7 Ult on DIY; Win8 Pro on MBP/Parallels; Win7 Ult on MBP/Boot Camp; Win7 Ult/Win8 Pro on HP
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev B3
    Memory
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 570 SC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway
    Hard Drives
    Dual Boot:
    PSU
    Case
    Cooler Master 932 HAF
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
Microsoft must have their reasons for not offering up clean ISO images, I don't know what they are though.
You would think that the basic MS reason has to do with profitability via (a) higher sales or (b) lower costs. I consider what I say below to be pure speculation, although the thoughts provided seem reasonable. But, I definitely am not arguing that any of my speculations accurately reflect MS's reasoning for not providing clean ISO's.

WRT to (a), perhaps MS believes that its sales revenue will be higher simply because it will sell more product units (i.e., even net of any lost sales because some individuals, like me, won't buy a new Windows 8 machine unless badly wanted/needed as a consequence of the way OEM's apparently are forced to preinstall). Also, the Company may believe that it can charge OEM's higher prices because the OEM's will incur lower support costs given the OEM preinstall procedures. Third, MS may believe that withholding ISO's will decrease piracy-related sales and, thus, increase it own sales.

WRT to (b), maybe MS believes, particularly reasonably, that not providing ISO's will decrease its support costs. And, the Company may believe that not providing them will decrease the costs of its anti-piracy-related activities (whatever they may be).

Actually I do believe if you buy a PC with a preinstalled OEM version you call the manufacturer for tech support not Microsoft. And just to be clear about what I was saying. I'm talking about just an ISO image with no product code. You can get them for Windows 7 if you hunt around but not for Windows 8. To my way of thinking, being able to download clean install media right from Microsoft might actually reduce piracy. For sure it would reduce the amount of infected PC's out there.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
Thank you very much for all your answers.

I have stopped this because this new laptop is a bit of disaster and I am thinking of returning it. However, I got an .iso just in case, but I don't even trust it. I got it from some torrents site and it can be dangerous. I have to disagree with this policy of Microsoft. I don't see why we cannot make clean installs over our computers with purchased licenses. Specially when the reset and refresh functions don't work.

Many things are malfunctioning from the beginning in this laptop. The charms bar shows up random when I am moving the mouse over the center of the scren for no reason. The hot corners and the Start Menu don't work many times and make me crazy. Plus many other mouse/touchpad failures which can be related to the laptop hardware or drivers, but who knows. So, not having reset/refresh available and not clean install leaves me in a difficult situation that may lead me to return the laptop. Wrong policy from ASUS and Microsoft. I may end up buying another brand.

Thanks. I will come back if I finally go into this again.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus X501A
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4 GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Mouse
    Browser
    7star
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
Actually I do believe if you buy a PC with a preinstalled OEM version you call the manufacturer for tech support not Microsoft. And just to be clear about what I was saying. I'm talking about just an ISO image with no product code. You can get them for Windows 7 if you hunt around but not for Windows 8. To my way of thinking, being able to download clean install media right from Microsoft might actually reduce piracy. For sure it would reduce the amount of infected PC's out there.
Yes, "if you buy a PC with a preinstalled OEM version you call the manufacturer for tech support not Microsoft." If you thought I meant differently, I didn't. Probably what I was getting at in one case was confusing. I was saying that OEM support costs might be lower under their current preinstall methods than if MS provided ISO's allowing individuals to reinstall Win8 cleanly over their preinstalled installations. An unstated assumption here is the the OEM's would provide the same support level whether or not an individual had reinstalled given ISO availability from MS. Under these conditions, MS might be able to charge OEM's more for the OS than if the Company provided ISO's. Confusing? Yes!

And, I understood; you were talking about an ISO sans product key. In this regard, I agree that if MS provided ISO's, then there really ought to be fewer infected PC's. Also, I think piracy, given that MS provides ISO's, would be less than otherwise at least because some individuals currently pirating ISO's would be able to get them legitimately costlessly (e.g., probably those with preinstalled Windows 8 machines wanting, or needing, to clean reinstall Windows 8). This type of piracy reduction would be driven by an implicit change it what currently appears to be included in the definition of piracy.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev B3
    Memory
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 570 SC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway
    Hard Drives
    Dual Boot:
    PSU
    Case
    Cooler Master 932 HAF
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

I have stopped this because this new laptop is a bit of disaster and I am thinking of returning it. However, I got an .iso just in case, but I don't even trust it. I got it from some torrents site and it can be dangerous. I have to disagree with this policy of Microsoft. I don't see why we cannot make clean installs over our computers with purchased licenses. Specially when the reset and refresh functions don't work.

Many things are malfunctioning from the beginning in this laptop. The charms bar shows up random when I am moving the mouse over the center of the scren for no reason. The hot corners and the Start Menu don't work many times and make me crazy. Plus many other mouse/touchpad failures which can be related to the laptop hardware or drivers, but who knows. So, not having reset/refresh available and not clean install leaves me in a difficult situation that may lead me to return the laptop. Wrong policy from ASUS and Microsoft. I may end up buying another brand.

Good luck with the return; that's what I would do. I agree that MS or the OEM's should provide ISO's (or the equivalent) to facilitate needed, or even simply desired, clean reinstalls of Win8. Unfortunately, someone in control, presumably MS, does not see it that way.

Not sure if you picked up on it above, but my position is that I will not buy a current or future preinstalled Windows machine until the issue we are discussing is resolved in the retail customer's favor. Also, I don't like Win8 as well as Win7 so there is no reason for me to build a new Win8 machine. Bottom line; I will be buying new Window's products that are available now, or will be available in the foreseeable future, only if cheap (as in the $39.99 upgrade deal); fun to fiddle with; and will run on older laptops.

Incidentally, except for my DIY Win7 desktop (see system specs), my serious-use machines are Macs. So, I am in the if they don't do to my satisfaction, then I'll use the brand that will (or at least will come closer to the way I want) camp. Changing PC brand would be a waste of time, IMO, since all PC brands are essentially the same in regard to my main issue with MS/OEM's/Win8.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Rev B3
    Memory
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 570 SC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway
    Hard Drives
    Dual Boot:
    PSU
    Case
    Cooler Master 932 HAF
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info

I just like to clarify something I mentioned earlier. While I wasn't able to do a Windows 8 Reset from a USB recovery drive to my newly installed SSD drive. I was however able to do it to the factory installed drive and return my PC to its factory condition. Swapping the OS drive is what messed things up for me and sent me looking for regular install media.

EDIT: With all the other issues you are having returning it might not be a bad idea.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
Ok, so I called Microsoft and they told me that I can make a clean install from my purchased upgrade iso on my pendrive. They say that I am entitled to it since this is Windows 8 basic and it will still be an upgrade, used only on one machine at a time.

They said I'd just need to install it as usual and introduce the license key as usual, but it didn't work. The installer tried to grab the key from the BIOS and once it noticed it didn't match the Pro versio in the pendrive, it said "not right version found, please insert the key number", but it doesn't show any box or window to do so. So I could only exit installation.

This is A HELL OF A NIGHTMARE.

Plus I called ASUS a few times and spent a lot of money in their super-expensive fee per minute and they told me a lot of bullsh*t. Some ladies from some far away continent knowing nothing, absolutely nothing about computers, told me, among other things, that if I made a clean install and deleted the ASUS partitions (3 partitions, one of them 20 GB size) I would lose the warranty, which is not true.

Anyway, I am blocked again. I can't make the install. I spent hours figuring out how to access the BIOS and allow the laptop to boot from USB, but now I cannot even make the BIOS show up because for some reason the shutting off in Windows 8 is a nightmare and you never know if it is totally off or sleeping or hibernating or using some sort of system from ASUS such as Instant On... WHat worked was pressing DELETE while booting to go to BIOS, but now it doesn't work anymore.

I'm no suprprised that Windows 8 is such a failure with all these unbearable stupid things going on. It is not just Metro and all the changes on the desktop, it is everything made worse. I really feel like a thief or pirate or burgler in my own computer, and if I decide to call for help, they will charge you a fortune per minute only to be helped by some illiterate ladies in a far away country.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus X501A
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4 GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Mouse
    Browser
    7star
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
Sadly, what you have is the Windows 8 Pro upgrade. That doesn't contain everything. The technet or MSDN versions of Windows 8 contain both Windows 8 standard and Windows 8 Pro. Therefore, if you use one of these discs, it will simply use whatever key is in your BIOS and that version will automagically install.

Unfortunately, without an MSDN account or technet account, you cannot just get these ISO's. They aren't freely distributed. You have to turn to torrent sites and the like to find these, unless you happen to have a friend who can download and provide you with the ISO.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz OC'd to 3.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1, F12 BIOS
    Memory
    8GB G.Skill PI DDR2-800, 4-4-4-12 timings
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1280MB Nvidia GeForce GTX570
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC899A 8 channel onboard audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Intel X25-M 80GB Gen 2 SSD
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black, 32MB cache. WD1001FALS
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
    Windows and Linux enthusiast. Logitech G35 Headset.
Sadly, what you have is the Windows 8 Pro upgrade. That doesn't contain everything. The technet or MSDN versions of Windows 8 contain both Windows 8 standard and Windows 8 Pro. Therefore, if you use one of these discs, it will simply use whatever key is in your BIOS and that version will automagically install.

Unfortunately, without an MSDN account or technet account, you cannot just get these ISO's. They aren't freely distributed. You have to turn to torrent sites and the like to find these, unless you happen to have a friend who can download and provide you with the ISO.

Oh great, the nightmare and nonsense is still bigger, lol.

But what you say is contradictory. You say I need a MSDN or Technet iso, but at the same time you say that the basic version will automagically install. Meaning I couldn't install the Pro version anyway. Correct?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus X501A
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4 GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Mouse
    Browser
    7star
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
But what you say is contradictory. You say I need a MSDN or Technet iso, but at the same time you say that the basic version will automagically install. Meaning I couldn't install the Pro version anyway. Correct?

No, if you had a copy of the MSDN or Technet disc and you tried to install it, it would NOT ask what you wanted to install. Since your BIOS has a key for Windows 8 standard that is what you are going to get. You won't be presented with an option to install Windows 8 Pro using these discs. To get to Windows 8 Pro, you would have to install and get 8 standard, then say you want to upgrade to a different version of Windows and then provide the key for 8 Pro.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info

No, if you had a copy of the MSDN or Technet disc and you tried to install it, it would NOT ask what you wanted to install. Since your BIOS has a key for Windows 8 standard that is what you are going to get. You won't be presented with an option to install Windows 8 Pro using these discs. To get to Windows 8 Pro, you would have to install and get 8 standard, then say you want to upgrade to a different version of Windows and then provide the key for 8 Pro.

That's what I said, that it wouldn't allow me to install Pro but will install the basic one automatically.

Again, I don't understand what you mean here: "To get to Windows 8 Pro, you would have to install and get 8 standard, then say you want to upgrade to a different version of Windows and then provide the key for 8 Pro."

What do you mean by "say I want to upgrade..."?

Thanks.

I'm already downloading the MSDN iso just in case.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus X501A
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4 GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Mouse
    Browser
    7star
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender

That's what I said, that it wouldn't allow me to install Pro but will install the basic one automatically.

Again, I don't understand what you mean here: "To get to Windows 8 Pro, you would have to install and get 8 standard, then say you want to upgrade to a different version of Windows and then provide the key for 8 Pro."

What do you mean by "say I want to upgrade..."?

Thanks.

I'm already downloading the MSDN iso just in case.

Once Windows 8 is installed, you can go into Computer properties and click a link to get to a different version of Windows.
upgrade-windows-8-001.png

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
Once Windows 8 is installed, you can go into Computer properties and click a link to get to a different version of Windows.
View attachment 20423

Cool. This worked and now I have my Pro. Now I'll try to restart and see if it takes the Pro in the pendrive for a clean install and get rid of the Asus partitions and their software. Many thanks.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus X501A
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4 GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Mouse
    Browser
    7star
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
Lol, now it's saying that "this key is already in use in another machine", buy a new one for activation.

Sure, I was using this key in my older laptop that got fried and died. They told me at Microsoft on the phone that I can perfectly use it in this new machine as long as I don't use it in another one, but they don't seem to like easy things. I will have to wait until tomorrow and speak to the Microsoft guy again. Fortunately he's a very nice portuguese guy who gave me his name and said to call him anytime if I had problems. Let's see what happens tomorrow in the next chapter of this show.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus X501A
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4 GB RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Mouse
    Browser
    7star
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
you will have to call the 1-800 # to activate it over the phone. it's an automated system and extremely easy.

I had to do the same thing. I bought some non-touch screen all in one computers from HP. I bought 1 copy of WIndows 8 pro and installed it onto the HP. An exec came in and said he wanted a touch screen machine, not a non-touchscreen. So, I had to return the HP.

Then, I bought an Acer touch screen that came with 8 Standard. I then tried to use the Win8 pro upgrade. It told me it was in use on another computer.

Called MS robo number and was activated in around 5 minutes. Piece of cake.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
Back